When Did The Elite Bathroom Amenities Change?

ceilidh1

52 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Our bag didn't have the lotion in it however the steward put two bottles next to it on our 1/13/19 Regal sailing.

Like I said before when I found hairs in my goodie bag I think they just recycle them and leave out stuff sometimes.  🙄😳🤮

If the lotion isn't in there I just ask Stewart.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We always get lotion.

A bottle of lotion appeared this evening- not in the amenity bag but was suddenly on the counter! Hoping conditioner appears too as I didn’t bring any and the 2in1 stuff is awful!

On a side note, we also haven’t received a patter in the room - had to go find one at passenger services. Maybe they expect you to use the electronic version?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

That's a bummer.   No more Barrel chairs,  no more Happy Hour and now they are even getting cheap on the Elite upgraded bathroom amenities....What's next?

Another side note. Someone from our meet n greet requested and received a barrel chair!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We always get lotion.

Any lotion they provide would be horrible for me. I'm allergic to most scent and the stuff I've seen on Princess is highly scented. No thanks. My wife wouldn't use it anyway.

My dad is Elite and gives the little bag of goodies to me. This last cruise, the linen spray wasn't included among other items.

I like to spray it on the pillows because even though they wash the sheets and cases, the pillows themselves smell awful, there's just a bad odor to them.

From now on, I'm going to bring a can of Febreze with me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AF-1 said:

How many elites sail on each sailing;  that may have to do with the cost factor.  

388 onboard currently per what someone (an employee at the port) has posted on another forum.  That isn’t really all that many.  We got a full baggie of goodies in October 

5 hours ago, waltd said:

Well if we are on the same cruise make sure I give you mine. 😀

Since I could never quite figure out what it was meant for, I just tossed them all in the garbage can.  

3 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

388 onboard currently per what someone (an employee at the port) has posted on another forum.  That isn’t really all that many.  We got a full baggie of goodies in October 

We had 1500 elites on a cruise & received all of the standard upgraded toiletries.

This situation seems to be periodically reported & think it’s due to either inventory shortages or a steward who isn’t willing to get them.

• Like 2

Just got off the Caribbean Princess.  Sailed a b2b.  The bathroom "goodie" bag doesn't have loofa or eye mask included...unless asked for.   And I also asked for a barrel chair, if available,  and got it immediately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, stoneharborlady said:

Less harmful to your hair???  Have you used it?  I have not heard of one woman who has used it, say that she liked it.  Everyone says it is horrible for your hair.

:classic_laugh: okay i'll concede to that.  Are you certain it isn't the water & shampoo combo ? because I took some  with me when departing and the results were different with H2O and the shampoo conditioner combo

Currently on the grand. I didn’t get the eye mask or the loofah eother. We’re on a back to back but we’re changing cabins for the second cruise so I’ll see what I get in the elite bag on that one.   Our steward brought us a barrel chair, and it didn’t seem to be a problem for him. Since the ship just came out of dry dock I was afraid they may have gotten rid of all of the chairs, but apparently they didn’t. 

3 hours ago, c-boy said:

:classic_laugh: okay i'll concede to that.  Are you certain it isn't the water & shampoo combo ? because I took some  with me when departing and the results were different with H2O and the shampoo conditioner combo

I think you are a gentleman, correct?  Assuming your hair is not long, that may be the difference.  But how did you take some with you?  Isnt it in a container attached to the wall of the shower?

Edited by stoneharborlady

21 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I like the linen spray to use as a bathroom spray.

Me too, and if it's getting low, the steward always brings me more. Often I have an unused bottle left, and I take it home with me to take on non-cruise trips. It works quite well for bathroom odors.

They also always bring more lotion if the bottle is getting low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoneharborlady said:

I think you are a gentleman, correct?  Assuming your hair is not long, that may be the difference.  But how did you take some with you?  Isnt it in a container attached to the wall of the shower?

brought my own and ran out , so I refilled my container with the goop from the ship.

6 hours ago, c-boy said:

Maybe your spouse could let you know what she thinks of their shampoo conditioner combo:

It's horrid for her long hair 😁😇

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Maybe your spouse could let you know what she thinks of their shampoo conditioner combo:

It's horrid for her long hair 😁😇

I have very little hair and I absolutely despise that stuff. Neither of us uses the big wall-mounted bottles of either shampoo or body wash. Nope, nope, nope. Not good stuff at all. Even worse, some folks have posted that they unscrewed the bottles and found black mold all around the tops of them where you can't see it. Blech... 😝

13 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I have very little hair and I absolutely despise that stuff. Neither of us uses the big wall-mounted bottles of either shampoo or body wash. Nope, nope, nope. Not good stuff at all. Even worse, some folks have posted that they unscrewed the bottles and found black mold all around the tops of them where you can't see it. Blech... 😝

Ewwwww

38 minutes ago, Thrak said:

And double blech!

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

And ewwwww!