Jan Swarz email

sterling2

Got a call back from two separate emails, one to each address. Both had to do with the remove chair from balcony cabins. Both calls were basically the same response, too bad. There was no "thanks for your input" or "we'll look into this issue", just a statement they have made their decision. 

40 minutes ago, Thrak said:

That will actually end up going to customer service. If you want a callback you are better off sending email to: customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Not necessarily. It depends on the email matter.

10 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Rarely will any company executive get any email, especially a complaint, it will go to some customer service rep who will express sorrow to your complaint and an effort to do better for you next time.

The President's office also has staff that deal with issues.

I had a serious matter with Celebrity. I can tell you that I received a very detailed and personal letter from the President of Celebrity along with an offer of a free cruise. This issue had been dealt with directly with the Celebrity President and did not get shifted down to Customer Service. 

Honestly if a President is good (not saying that Swartz is) - they should care about the letters coming in. I have heard of very successful CEO's personally responding to emails to them and why they think it is important to read them.

Edited by Coral
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

It's a different situation if there can be legal implications.  I'm just talking about people complaining about food, chairs, etc.

You don't know what the OP was asking about. I doubt it was about chairs or food.

I may be very old-school ... if I wanted to reach out to highly-placed executives regarding pressing issues, I would compose a respectful and concise letter, send it snail mail and use registered mail with return receipt requested.

32 minutes ago, jlp20 said:

We have a 12 day cruise coming up with one straight back wooden chair to share.

We just spent 49 days on the Royal Princess with just the desk chair. Requests for a chair from our room steward, customer service desk and Captains Circle host resulted in the same refrain....there are NO chairs available. It was not a pleasant situation. 

Denise 

20 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

You emailed Jan Swartz because they removed a chair from the stateroom... and expected them to act on that?

Me, personally, I would simply touch base with my stateroom steward.

Nailed it.  If the CEO has time to respond to chair complaints, then there is someting else wrong with the corporate office. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Nailed it.  If the CEO has time to respond to chair complaints, then there is someting else wrong with the corporate office. 

People don't realise that the given email is most likely not her real company affairs email. The one we have is probably for her receptionists or whatever.

5 hours ago, dchip said:

We just spent 49 days on the Royal Princess with just the desk chair. Requests for a chair from our room steward, customer service desk and Captains Circle host resulted in the same refrain....there are NO chairs available. It was not a pleasant situation.

Did you report this on the post-cruise survey?

On 3/24/2019 at 2:29 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

Rarely will any company executive get any email, especially a complaint, it will go to some customer service rep who will express sorrow to your complaint and an effort to do better for you next time.

Yeah like they're working on a better program for Happy Hour.  It isn't coming back as they know people will buy the drinks and get happy on their own.

4 hours ago, elliair said:

Yeah like they're working on a better program for Happy Hour.  It isn't coming back as they know people will buy the drinks and get happy on their own.

Not really. The afternoon HH were packed with hardly any room to move around.  Without the HH, the same venue is basically almost totally empty, as are the other bars around the ship.

The HH (both afternoon and late evening) were offered at times very few drinks were previously sold. Without the HH, it is back to that situation.

Certainly there is less money going into the bar staff tipping pool now. 15% of the cost of one drink when it was 2for1+$1 is more than the now 18% of zero drink.

On 3/25/2019 at 5:52 PM, pms4104 said:

I may be very old-school ... if I wanted to reach out to highly-placed executives regarding pressing issues, I would compose a respectful and concise letter, send it snail mail and use registered mail with return receipt requested.

I wrote a snail mail to Jan Swartz about the chair removal a month ago,  I haven't heard from her or anyone else at Princess!