Cruise Critic Community
CarolinaMamma

Dress code for specialty restaurants?

I’ve read the dress code on NCL’s website, and it says long pants are required for the more upscale specialty restaurants, but it doesn’t say which ones. I’ve searched other threads here, and it looks like they are required in Le Bistro. I am specifically wondering whether long pants are required for Ocean Blue, as we have an early reservation the first night, and, as luggage can be delayed sometimes, I’m wondering if I should just have my husband and teenage son wear long pants on board that first day. Miami is hot, so I don’t want to make them wear long pants if they don’t need to. If nice shorts and a polo would be ok, they might rather wear those. 

Dress codes are relaxed on embarkation day for the reason you mentioned.... pack clean shorts and the polos in your carry-on and you will be fine. 

Or, join the crowd with shorts, a novelty tee and a ball cap.

2 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Dress codes are relaxed on embarkation day for the reason you mentioned.... pack clean shorts and the polos in your carry-on and you will be fine. 

That’s right. The rest of the week, long pants are required at Le Bistro and Ocean Blue.

3 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

I’ve read the dress code on NCL’s website, and it says long pants are required for the more upscale specialty restaurants, but it doesn’t say which ones. I’ve searched other threads here, and it looks like they are required in Le Bistro. I am specifically wondering whether long pants are required for Ocean Blue, as we have an early reservation the first night, and, as luggage can be delayed sometimes, I’m wondering if I should just have my husband and teenage son wear long pants on board that first day. Miami is hot, so I don’t want to make them wear long pants if they don’t need to. If nice shorts and a polo would be ok, they might rather wear those. 

Long pants are required in Le Bistro, Ocean Blue and Bayamo. Shorts are allowed in all other specialty restaurants.