• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Just back from Elation 4/4/04

a-tx-brit

Short review.

Left 4 hours late...weapon(s)found in luggage.

Great pier at Progreso..not much else!

Cozumel..Paradise Beach was wonderfull!

Belize..tender ride was o.k..Not much else. Also in Belize the Captain left the ship!!!!!

Kids VERY noisy running up and down stairs (the sound echos in that area so kids made the most of it.)They also ran (stomped) up and down hallways and took over atrium elevaters.Security ignored them!

Getting off the ship was a mess...we were to leave the ship in groups but as soon as ins cleared the ship 2000 cruisers rushed the gangway!!! Panic!!!

(The Captain flew home and new one came on)

Welcome home! We've been wondering all week why the Elation was so late leaving port! OMG icon_eek.gif Weapons in someone's luggage! Was the person allowed to board? If you look back a few pages, you'll see the posts about your late departure. I had a feeling it was a security problem.

Hope the cruise was great once you got underway. No more problems except the kids? I'd love to hear more about your cruise when you have time! icon_smile.gif

Sophie

Welcome back. I was also a little concerned about your late departure on the 4th. Did the passenger get to stay or were they detained by the police. Did you have planned excursions in Progreso and Belize or did you go ashore on your own. Glad you returned safe.

Dave

Elation - 10/19/03

Elation - 2/29/04

happy_hour_md_clr.gif

Boatwht.gif

Thanks for checking in for us...we've been waiting to hear from someone who was actually onboard the cruise with the late departure...anymore info available when you get settled back in maybe? icon_smile.gif

Militant Breastfeeding & Homebirth Proponent-Sandra Carmichael

Mardi Gras 6/79

Mardi Gras 6/79

(back to back cruises)

Celebration 8/02

Splendour of the Seas 3/03

Jubilee 7/03

Conquest 1/04

Celebration 1/04

Elation 2/04

Elation *coming again* 1/05

tx brit-Can you tell me anything about the Piano Bar on the Elation? I heard Joel was no longer there...back across the pond...did you spend any time in there? We're really looking forward to a good experience, like the one we had on the Elation in '99. Also, were your cabins near the stairs? Ours are & I'm afraid they will be noisy too.

Thanks for clearing up the late departure. I live close enough to the terminal to see the ships depart & wondered why it was so late.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;04;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until we sail the ELATION from beautiful Galveston Island

CCL-Elation 4/18/04

CCL-Celebration 12/03

RCCL-Rhapsody 7/03

RCCL-Voyager 5/02

RCCL-Splendor 5/01

CCL-Elation 5/99

Princess-Dawn 11/97

CCL-Fascination 11/95

• 2 weeks later...

I've been pondering some questions for a few days, but had no luck. Please respond! I'm on the 05/09/04 Elation. Our 1st and trial cruise. Have a 2 1/2 year old son. Are there any excurions we can go to in Progresso, Cozumel and Belize? I have booked an OV guaranty. I have noticed folks talking about 6A guaranty, 6B guaranty. How does that differ from what I booked? Sorry lots of questions. Thanx.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rez1:

I've been pondering some questions for a few days, but had no luck. Please respond! I'm on the 05/09/04 Elation. Our 1st and trial cruise. Have a 2 1/2 year old son. Are there any excurions we can go to in Progresso, Cozumel and Belize? I have booked an OV guaranty. I have noticed folks talking about 6A guaranty, 6B guaranty. How does that differ from what I booked? Sorry lots of questions. Thanx.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simply stated, a guarantee means you will never get anything less than the cabin category you booked with your guarantee. You could get something better (upgrade), but absolutely can't get anything less.

The only downside in my opinion is that you don't get the advantage of selecting the location of your particular cabin type (near elevators, under the disco, under a walking deck, etc.)

I cruise SOLO and LAST MINUTE, so frequently a guarantee is all that is offered. I'm not picky about where I'm located on the ship one iota and since I always cruise a 1A or a 1A guarantee every direction is UP ! icon_rolleyes.gif

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

rez1,Here is some info. Not much in Progresso for a child, Paradise beach was great in Cozumel.see photo's @ http://community.webshots.com/user/atxbrit

Also these links wii help. Have a great trip, Brian

http://cruiseclues.com/excursions.htm

http://community.webshots.com/album/116698226aBmXmW

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/CarnivalElation.htm

Archived