Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mfs2k

Equinox 3-23 to 3-30 Fabulous time

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

 

I totally understand the desire to know as much as possible before cruising. That was me for the last 2 months. The knowledge has been so helpful to me. 

Don't get me wrong. I want detail and appreciate it. However, to know which bartender or server is working or what beers are on tap are a level of detail which would never matter to me. It reminds me of the people who ask if a certain obscure type of soft drink is available. I would imagine a world of disappointment if I had that many expectations from my vacation experiences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the wonderful review!  It really brought back my November cruise on Equinox and made me wish I was going on her again!  But we're trying the Summit because hubby is all about the ports!

 

You've been very generous with answering all the questions for folks and your description of Blu has made me consider an AQ class cabin for the future!

 

Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Captain Kate was the biggest fan of the Officers / Guests Volleyball game. 

 

Activities on this cruise have been awesome and there has been so much participation.. Apparently Carnival doesn’t have a monopoly on “Fun Ships.”

 

C6870F76-C374-461F-9027-320172ABF0F0.jpeg

She was our captain when we sailed on the Summit a few years ago.  Loved her mermaid tail! 🙂

IMG_5279.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Above every urinal on our Celebrity Equinox is a different quote from notable humorists and satirists from the 19th Century such as Oscar Wilde or Josh Billings. 

 

Their quotes today would be tweets and no one would ever remember them.

 

They were Twitter famous in their own day.  

Edited by mfs2k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly enjoying your review.  I was on the Equinox in February.  We had a blast.

Norma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Above every urinal on our Celebrity Equinox is a different quote from notable humorists and satirists from the 19th Century such as Oscar Wilde or Josh Billings. 

 

Their quotes today would be tweets and no one would ever remember them.

 

They were Twitter famous in their own day.  

We have some photos of that artwork....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arrived in Miami.

 

Early morning breakfast in Blu. 

 

Off to the Everglades tour then home tonight.

 

It was a very good vacation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to miss you and your vacation. Safe travels home and thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We have some photos of that artwork....
We do too! They were clever and fun. cc098ef86bf03332d0499995d3ad23e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

I'm going to miss you and your vacation. Safe travels home and thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

Very sweet words. 

Until next time ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad you had a good time.

i remember some of your earliest questions and concerns about Celebrity - great that it met your expectations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

So glad you had a good time.

i remember some of your earliest questions and concerns about Celebrity - great that it met your expectations 

 

It did. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Arrived in Miami.

 

Early morning breakfast in Blu. 

 

Off to the Everglades tour then home tonight.

 

It was a very good vacation. 

 

I have sooooo enjoyed reading your posts. For the benefit of all those of us who vicariously enjoy the cruises of others between our own you need to get the next one booked!

 

We board Equinox in September, can’t wait! 

 

You are likely to suffer suffer from PCD (post cruise depression) over the next few weeks. This is an unusual condition that results in constant conversations with your partner starting with “Do you remember.....” and when strangers ask you if you enjoyed your cruise instead of answering with a brief “Great” you tell them in far more detail than they expected or wanted about all the small but wonderful things you enjoyed....

 

Get that next cruise booked and start enjoying the planning again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 8:13 PM, mfs2k said:

Above every urinal on our Celebrity Equinox is a different quote from notable humorists and satirists from the 19th Century such as Oscar Wilde or Josh Billings. 

 

Their quotes today would be tweets and no one would ever remember them.

 

They were Twitter famous in their own day.  

 

Now I'm curious if the women's restrooms have quotes too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

 

Now I'm curious if the women's restrooms have quotes too!

No they don't.  DH has been telling me about them for years. We do have live orchids though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

No they don't.  DH has been telling me about them for years. We do have live orchids though.

 

Too bad!! Women have a lot to say too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 3:12 AM, chemmo said:

 

I have sooooo enjoyed reading your posts. For the benefit of all those of us who vicariously enjoy the cruises of others between our own you need to get the next one booked!

 

We board Equinox in September, can’t wait! 

 

You are likely to suffer suffer from PCD (post cruise depression) over the next few weeks. This is an unusual condition that results in constant conversations with your partner starting with “Do you remember.....” and when strangers ask you if you enjoyed your cruise instead of answering with a brief “Great” you tell them in far more detail than they expected or wanted about all the small but wonderful things you enjoyed....

 

Get that next cruise booked and start enjoying the planning again!

 

Were looking at Mediterranean cruises for next summer but they’re so much more expensive than Caribbean cruises. Ugh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

 

Were looking at Mediterranean cruises for next summer but they’re so much more expensive than Caribbean cruises. Ugh. 

 

They have been much higher this year (and next year) than previously. We usually do one world wide and one Mediterranean cruise a year, this year we have given the Mediterranean a miss. So many others ways to enjoy the Mediterranean other than cruising....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 6:58 PM, paulh84 said:

 

FWIW - you can see numerous complaints about the website for any and every line. While it's frustrating, you have got plenty of time for them to get it right. However I can promise you, as off-putting as some attitudes are on here at times, it's not like that at all onboard. Sure...you may run into the all-knowing cruise expert and constant complainer, but you'll get that anywhere. Most of those types spend all day at guest services so you never see them anyway!

This quote is completely correct. We have sailed many times on many lines . The only thing I found unfortunate on Celebrity was the incredible chair hogs next level . We enjoyed all other aspects of our last cruise  . Especially Blu and the wonderful service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...