Cruise Critic Community
chuckhale

Cancel, Change name, or No-Show?

We have a cruised booked for May. We are a foster family and as it turns out there is a better than average chance that a couple of the kids for whom we are currently caring will get to go home to their parents before the cruise. 🤞 If so, what should we do with their cruise bookings? We are booked in multiple cabins with at least 3 in each. So, the fairs are not the most expensive as they are listed, but we have already paid the port fee and the pre-paid gratuities. If we cancel, would we get the port fee and gratuities back?

So, my question is, what is the best course of action for us if the kids don't get to go? 

1. Call and cancel their booking.

2. Change the name on the booking and see if we can find someone else to go.

3. Don't do anything. Just have them no-show and just eat the cost of the cruise for them.

I hate wasting money. So, paying $500 or so and not having anyone in the cabin kinda irks me. But I also don't want to get robbed by the cruise line.

You will get the port taxes and fee's  as well as the prepaid gratuities back if you cancel or if there is a no show.   

17 minutes ago, hockeyluver said:

You will get the port taxes and fee's  as well as the prepaid gratuities back if you cancel or if there is a no show.   

So, it would not make any difference whether we cancel them or just no-show if we are past the 100% refund part? the fare is only $158 combined, so it's only about 1/3 of the total. 

I'm following this thread because I'd like to know if I can add a passenger to my already booked solo cabin in January ?

1 hour ago, glrounds said:

I'm following this thread because I'd like to know if I can add a passenger to my already booked solo cabin in January ?

I would think you could. I think you are well out enough (10 months) that would could cancel and re-book without penalty. 

That's if I read the terms on MY contract right. I was wondering about whether or not the port fees and gratuities would be refunded. 

If I go online and make changes to the passenger name, will there be a charge? I looks like I can edit passenger information. Could I just change the passenger name and information online?

On 3/25/2019 at 2:51 PM, hockeyluver said:

How are those charges refunded if the passengers no-show at the port? How long does that take?

On 3/26/2019 at 2:06 PM, chuckhale said:

If I go online and make changes to the passenger name, will there be a charge? I looks like I can edit passenger information. Could I just change the passenger name and information online?

You can't do it on-line. You would need to call. We have changed names several times as our adult children have changed who is coming with them and I have never had to pay to make the change. My PVP just does it. I have seen others who have had to pay $50 to change it.