Cruise Critic Community
antnjen

Salmon fishing excursion recommendations please!

Hi all!   We are cruising on Millennium in July, northbound, and would like to book a salmon fishing excursion, preferably out of Juneau (that seems to fit our schedule the best).  Can anyone recommend a great company to work with?  Are all salmon fishing excursions trolling?  One of my sons really wants to know...

Thanks in advance!

On 3/25/2019 at 4:26 PM, antnjen said:

Hi all!   We are cruising on Millennium in July, northbound, and would like to book a salmon fishing excursion, preferably out of Juneau (that seems to fit our schedule the best).  Can anyone recommend a great company to work with?  Are all salmon fishing excursions trolling?  One of my sons really wants to know...

Thanks in advance!

I did some research as DH also wants to Salmon Fish in Juneau. All of the independent boat tour companies only book charters with a minimum of 4 people ... if that works for you, I read really good reviews for Moore Charters (but I have not personally used them.) Other than those, and the trolling tours offered by cruise lines, there are two tour companies that offer Salmon fishing from shore, Chum Fun tours and Hooked on Juneau. Might want to check it out and see if those appeal.

Ultimately, DH decided to use some OBC we had no use for to book a Halibut fishing excursion - more expensive than Salmon but he didn't want to "troll."

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Most of the non-trolling is stream fly fishing.  You can search for it, but I don’t have any specific suggestions.

Depending on when you go, you might hit a species running in a very specific location and you can direct spin cast from a boat. Probably need a straight up private charter for that and some timing luck.