Live from Explorer Miami -> Lisbon March 25-April 8

Juno56

It was really a great group at the M/M. Wonderful adding faces to names. 

Today was our first full day at sea. Just relaxed and had interesting conversations. 

I had lunch in Chartreuse this afternoon. How relaxing and a delicious lunch menu. Will try Prime 7 tomorrow for lunch. 

Tonight CR and what sounds like a good production show. The comedian last night was fun 

sheila

• Like 1

How is the wifi on the ship? I might be crazy but I thought I read during the last Explorer Live report that something was being done to it in Miami???? Or maybe that had something to do with the water system.  Too many pages on that thread for me to go back through. 😁 We are boarding in about three weeks in Barcelona.  Thank you sooooo much for the updates!! Hoping to return the favor next month.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, twinmom22197 said:

How is the wifi on the ship? I might be crazy but I thought I read during the last Explorer Live report that something was being done to it in Miami???? Or maybe that had something to do with the water system.  Too many pages on that thread for me to go back through. 😁 We are boarding in about three weeks in Barcelona.  Thank you sooooo much for the updates!! Hoping to return the favor next month.

When we were on the Explorer (disembarked March 9th), they had just done some type of upgrade that did not do much good.  Wifi on the ship remained mediocre at times and slow as a snail other times.  You are correct about the water system.  The new water system was suppose to be installed in Miami.  So, maybe someone on the Explorer can let us know if it happened and if so, what it is like.

6 hours ago, twinmom22197 said:

Haven't had any issues with the wifi so far.  (Maybe because Jason Montague is on board with his wife and son. 😉) And we understand that it can be slow at times, especially out in the middle of nowhere, but no problems to report at this time on our way to Bermuda.

7 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Today was our first full day at sea. Just relaxed and had interesting conversations. 

I had lunch in Chartreuse this afternoon. How relaxing and a delicious lunch menu. Will try Prime 7 tomorrow for lunch. 

Tonight CR and what sounds like a good production show. The comedian last night was fun 

sheila

Loved meeting everyone today!  I think we had a good turnout.  Hope to see everyone again throughout our journey to Lisbon.

11 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

sheila

Sheila - hope you and Herb have a wonderful crossing!

Gerry

• Like 1

Lots of motion on the ocean today as we head towards Bermuda.  The sea seems to be getting rougher as the day heads unto evening.

Block party tonight!  Looking forward to meeting our neighbors.

42 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Any comments about the new water delivery system that was suppose to be installed in all suites in Miami?

Nothing is in place at this time.  Bottled water is still being provided in the suites.

Short post

In Bermuda today. Last night was rocky but bearable. 

Wifi maybe a little slow, but acceptable. 

Problem is I can’t use FaceTime. Not a problem before. 

So far, I am loving this cruise. Many days to go.

My impressions so far —Food is great, as usual. 

Compass Rose- excellent food and service. Chartreuse for lunch was lovely. Dinner in Prime 7 - food wonderful, service awful.  And yes, I did complain.

Best butler I ever had!

Such lovely people aboard. 

Gerry - thanks for your good thoughts!

Sheila

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Short post

In Bermuda today. Last night was rocky but bearable. 

Wifi maybe a little slow, but acceptable. 

Problem is I can’t use FaceTime. Not a problem before. 

So far, I am loving this cruise. Many days to go.

My impressions so far —Food is great, as usual. 

Compass Rose- excellent food and service. Chartreuse for lunch was lovely. Dinner in Prime 7 - food wonderful, service awful.  And yes, I did complain.

Best butler I ever had!

Such lovely people aboard. 

Gerry - thanks for your good thoughts!

Sheila

Sheila, on our last cruise on Voyager in January, we were unable to use Facetime, Skype, or any other streaming service.  Supposedly those services are blocked to save bandwidth.  I guess they keep forgetting it's 2019, not 1997...

2 hours ago, travelwell said:

Many nice wines. Thanks you for posting. How hard was it to get the list? 

No difficulty at all.  There was a 10:45 a.m. wine tasting and I asked Georgiana, the head sommelier, if I could have a list.  She promptly asked me what my suite # was and it was delivered in the late afternoon.

IMG_1398.jpg

32 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

I almost forgot that FaceTime and streaming is now blocked on Regent (unless you pay $10/day).  Not sure when it was blocked but if it makes the internet faster, I'm all for it.

So if you pay the $10 per day can you then use Facetime, Skype, WhatsApp, etc?  Don't know if I can go 2 weeks without seeing grandbaby!😥

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, boblerm said:

So if you pay the $10 per day can you then use Facetime, Skype, WhatsApp, etc?  Don't know if I can go 2 weeks without seeing grandbaby!😥

Yes - that is my understanding from the computer guy on our last cruise.  How old is your grandbaby?

36 minutes ago, wcsdkqh said:

Paying the $10 per.day for streaming apps only means you can try to use them. It certainly doesn’t mean you will have the bandwidth to use them successfully 😀

Hopefully at some point someone can let us know how well it works.

55 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Aw - such an adorable age!  Wish that my grandkids were still that age.  It might be worth paying $10/day just to see him/her (forgot to ask the gender).  

This is him on formal night on our Silversea cruise

IMG-20190218-WA0000-01-387x581.jpeg.9a772f6fe90918b0f0bacc347748b9e7.jpeg

Juno56, my apologies for the "hijack", looking forward to your posts!

Bob

• Like 5