CCL way down today ! Time to buy for OBC ?

MCC retired

6 minutes ago, Atlantamom3 said:

What does $500 off mean? Lack of coffee has hit, can you tell?

You have to own 100 shares of stock to get the benefit. If the stock was down by $5 yesterday, then that's like saving $500 if you purchase 100 shares today.

19 hours ago, coevan said:

They missed their market estimates, not unusual in the market

I read they exceeded their Q1 expectations, but lowered their guidance.  I also read that meeting expectations isn't good enough in a speculative market.  

https://news.alphastreet.com/carnival-corporation-q1-2019-earnings/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/fuel-prices-the-us-dollar-take-off-and-drag-on-carnival/2019/03/26/3624f028-4fde-11e9-bdb7-44f948cc0605_story.html?utm_term=.5d9fd736b838

You don't have to layout any additional $$$ if you buy the stock within your existing IRA investments .

CCL is down again today .

Don't forget that you can get the Shareholder OBC on Cunard in addition to those Carnival Corp lines previously mentioned.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

You don't have to layout any additional $$$ if you buy the stock within your existing IRA investments .

Don't forget that you can get the Shareholder OBC on Cunard in addition to those Carnival Corp lines previously mentioned.

That's how I do it.  It's a great way to be getting a benefit from my IRA, while not being able to have access to the money for a few more years.  

Could someone please confirm the one caveat that you need to be a 100 share stockholder when you initially book any cruise to receive the OBC.  Purchasing any stock once you already have a cruise booked makes those sailings ineligible for the OBC.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, jmcathome said:

Look for the return of the dreaded fuel surcharge as fuel prices is what the President of Carnival is blaming. He must not have been checking fuel prices lately. Wonder if they are hurting other Carnival lines as badly. 

The President of Carnival, Christine Duffy, is not a "he".  Fuel prices across the board are up due to the problems shipping ethanol. 

3 minutes ago, Garth2 said:

The President of Carnival, Christine Duffy, is not a "he".  Fuel prices across the board are up due to the problems shipping ethanol. 

You are right. I was quoting the CEO of Carnival Corp who using that excuse on CNBC yesterday afternoon. He was a he

28 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Could someone please confirm the one caveat that you need to be a 100 share stockholder when you initially book any cruise to receive the OBC.  Purchasing any stock once you already have a cruise booked makes those sailings ineligible for the OBC.  Thanks.

That has not been my understanding. I have seen people purchase stock AFTER they booked their cruise and still gotten the shareholder OBC. Whether that is still the case I cannot verify.

8 minutes ago, jakesnana said:

That has not been my understanding. I have seen people purchase stock AFTER they booked their cruise and still gotten the shareholder OBC. Whether that is still the case I cannot verify.

I can't see anyway this will happen

25 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

So which is it? Do you have to be a stockholder before booking? Can someone confirm? Or is it written somewhere?

Nope. I bought stock in Jan and submitted it for the four cruises I had booked already.

2 hours ago, MCC retired said:

How would I go about doing this with my Fidelity account, do you know?

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Thats incorrect 

Carnival also pays a dividend.  Based on the current market price of $51 per share the yield is 3.5%.  If you take two 7 day cruises you get $200 OBC which is an additional 4% return on your investment and is not taxable.

I received the OBC for 4 cruises, on a single submission, which I had booked before I bought the stock.

Edited by Garth2

1 minute ago, coevan said:

There is no if. You can buy whatever you wish. 

I know I can buy the stock, but owning it within my IRA is what I prefer and I have looked around a bit to see if Vanguard allows that but have not found a yes answer. So I will call to find out.