Caribbean Princess - Good Spirits Bar

Jeter02

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

Does the good spirits bar on board the Caribbean Princess offer specialty drinks that are not on any other bar menu? If so does anyone have a picture of the menu?

The Wheelhouse Bar usually has single malt flights and special whiskeys, $$$, if that is what you mean. You can also check out Crooner's. As far as cocktails go they will basically mix any drink if they have the ingredients.

There is no bar named Good Spirits Bar.

18 minutes ago, skynight said:

The Wheelhouse Bar usually has single malt flights and special whiskeys, $$$, if that is what you mean. You can also check out Crooner's. As far as cocktails go they will basically mix any drink if they have the ingredients.

Yes, that I already knew of. The good spirits bar is something new that just came about not long ago. They just added one on to Regal but it's not functioning as the good sports bar but it took over the spot of the international cafe bar.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Yes, that I already knew of. The good spirits bar is something new that just came about not long ago. They just added one on to Regal but it's not functioning as the good sports bar but it took over the spot of the international cafe bar.

On the Caribbean Princess the Club Fusion bar is basically the closest you get to a sports bar. It's kind of difficult to see how they could transform the I.C. bar to anything on the Caribbean Princess. Half of the bar space is used to serve the coffee drinks with the other half used by waiters to pick up drinks. I don't remember any bar stools, but maybe just a few. The entire back section is filled with espresso machines except for one section where they have bottles of alcohol.

11 minutes ago, skynight said:

On the Caribbean Princess the Club Fusion bar is basically the closest you get to a sports bar. It's kind of difficult to see how they could transform the I.C. bar to anything on the Caribbean Princess. Half of the bar space is used to serve the coffee drinks with the other half used by waiters to pick up drinks. I don't remember any bar stools, but maybe just a few. The entire back section is filled with espresso machines except for one section where they have bottles of alcohol.

47 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

wonder if good 'sports' bar was really meant to be good 'spirits' bar also - just a rename, not a new theme

Just received our Medallions for Regal 4/17/19 sailing.  Inside the instruction pamphlet is a section called "Immersive Experiences".

Coming soon
Good Spirits at Sea TM
The place where every drink is an experience and every drink tells a story.

No further explanation given.  Perhaps this is what OP is referring to and what is shown on the deck plan.  Would like to know more about this now.  Maybe one of the Navigators on the Regal will explain it to me.

Edit:  Just Googled Princess Cruises Good Spirits at Sea and found a couple of YouTube videos.

Edited by kb4683

I was on Caribbean Princess last month.  According to the daily patters there is a good spirits bar on deck 5 midship; but they did not list Club Fusion or Vines on their list.

9 hours ago, skynight said:

But Princess says there is.  

I was on the CB in November and the bar in the IC was its normal self.  I did not hear it referred to as the "good spirits bar" nor did I see any menu reflecting that.  The Wheelhouse Bar does have an interesting collection of whiskeys and Crooners has the martinis then there is Vines with its wine selection.  I will be back on the CB next year and by then the "good spirits bar" should be in operation.

BTW OM worked well and even though I was given a cruise card as well, I never used it.  Love going to my cabin and having the room unlock itself.  I carried my OM in my pocket similar to how I used to carry my cruise card.  The internet blew my socks off at 100+ mbps.  Fast as at home and I easily managed to stay within my elite minutes. 

40 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

But Princess says there is.  

On the Caribbean Princess.....The Good Spirits Bar is on Deck 5 right outside the dining room and next to the International Cafe.  It overlooks the Piazza and has plenty of barstools and table and chairs.  The head bartender wears a microphone and occasionally puts on a cocktail mixing tutortial...sometimes he sings and puts on a little show...great drinks. 

Edited by BRANDEE
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Does the good spirits bar on board the Caribbean Princess offer specialty drinks that are not on any other bar menu? If so does anyone have a picture of the menu?

Most of the specialty drinks were also offered at Crooners, but the bartenders are willing to try anything! New bar menus at all the bars on Caribbean this March.  Tried may newbies!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

On the Caribbean Princess.....The Good Spirits Bar is on Deck 5 right outside the dining room and next to the International Cafe.  It overlooks the Piazza and has plenty of barstools and table and chairs.  The head bartender wears a microphone and occasionally puts on a cocktail mixing tutortial...sometimes he sings and puts on a little show...great drinks. 

Excellent!!  It sounds great!

Thanks for verifying!  😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Excellent!!  It sounds great!

Thanks for verifying!  😎

we tried some of their new good spirits drinks that can only be made at the Good Spirits At Sea bar because they special ingredients. For example the Cocktail Magic has gin, lemon juice, Cointreau and simple syrup and then you pour butterfly tea into the glass and watch the color change. The Azul Blanco has tequila, lime, blue curacao, pineapple and is topped with elderflower foam. The Great Pumpkin has Bacardi 8, egg white, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon. Eleven new drinks but in Feb there was hours listed in the patter for when the Good Spirits Bar would be open, otherwise it was the regular bar.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2019 at 12:11 PM, Britter16 said:

we tried some of their new good spirits drinks that can only be made at the Good Spirits At Sea bar because they special ingredients. For example the Cocktail Magic has gin, lemon juice, Cointreau and simple syrup and then you pour butterfly tea into the glass and watch the color change. The Azul Blanco has tequila, lime, blue curacao, pineapple and is topped with elderflower foam. The Great Pumpkin has Bacardi 8, egg white, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon. Eleven new drinks but in Feb there was hours listed in the patter for when the Good Spirits Bar would be open, otherwise it was the regular bar.

were the new drinks under 9 to be on the package?  or what was the up charge?  Thanks.

57 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

were the new drinks under 9 to be on the package?  or what was the up charge?  Thanks.

I would say that if the drink is menu priced $12 and under then it is covered by the PBP. If over $12 then not covered and you pay full price, no differential upcharge. I think your question should be what is the price of these drinks?

Edited by skynight

1 hour ago, skynight said:

I would say that if the drink is menu priced $12 and under then it is covered by the PBP. If over $12 then not covered and you pay full price, no differential upcharge. I think your question should be what is the price of these drinks?

Yes, I got the price confused (it is 9 on Celebrity).  So yes is the drink under $12.  Thanks for catching that!