HAL Website Problems

Kynana

Is anyone besides me having a problem with the HAL website? Sometimes the headings for the cruises will show conflicting itineraries. Sometimes not the correct search criterion, such as specific ship, month, etc. Today I tried to go through the process of trial booking a cruise and then changing the guarantee cabin to one of my choice to find out what the price would be. Yesterday I got a message telling me to try another time, and today all I am getting is a spinning spinning spinning ball. This is not the first time the site has given me fits. 

Had the same problem with the dummy booking yesterday.  Even when it doesn't spin just trying to choose another deck or section of the ship is a puzzle.  I ended up going to a pdf of the deck plan and found the cabin I wanted and then entered it in.  Only way I could get a quote for a cabin I wanted.   

I have that same spinning ball problem when I try to choose a cabin when I'm using my iPad which is several years old. If I use my desktop with IE I'm sometimes able to get past it to choose section, deck and cabin.  It's certainly a frustrating process.

This same problem with the website has been going on for a long time. It gets better and then reverts again to a high frustration level. I can't understand why Holland America continues to employ the same inept website managers. I don't see how it could not be costing them money to lose potential customers who search their cruise itineraries on the Internet........or should I say try to search their cruise itineraries. 

• Like 1

The dreaded spinning ball. Yup, I've had to deal with that. I'm thinking about next winter's cruise, but when I go to check on it, I get so frustrated I give up. I do intend to return and try again, but I wonder how many people say "forget this!" and go to another cruise line site. Although I've heard complaints about some of the other lines, too.

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Had the same problem with the dummy booking yesterday.  Even when it doesn't spin just trying to choose another deck or section of the ship is a puzzle.  I ended up going to a pdf of the deck plan and found the cabin I wanted and then entered it in.  Only way I could get a quote for a cabin I wanted.   

I can't even get that far. As soon as I click on the option to change/select a new stateroom, the ball starts spinning and will continue for forever and a day. I just tried again. So frustrating. 

I had some similar issues about 5 hours ago, but did manage to book a 7-day Cuba cruise on the Veendam. Took a bit of time for it to take my credit card and had to do it several times before I finally got a confirmation. Received the email confirmation and the booking is listed on the HAL website. A continuing issue I've had lately is selecting a cruise from my list and going back to the list to look at the rest of my list  - took me back to all the HAL cruise listings instead so I had to start over. Frustrating.

36 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

A continuing issue I've had lately is selecting a cruise from my list and going back to the list to look at the rest of my list  - took me back to all the HAL cruise listings instead so I had to start over. Frustrating.

Yes, that's another issue. Don't dare go back and change anything or add anything. The site reminds me of someone with a terrible case of absentmindedness! It gets all confused and can't operate unless I go back the the very beginning, log in again and begin my query all over again. 

Well, I did find an Alaska cruise, 7 days. The map shows a Panama Canal cruise and the pricing is $64 pp + tax.  Of course this is high because it is in CND. 

The search gets into a loop that you can't get out of unless you  log out and come back in.  Really quite a waste of time.

Some people have said that they are able to navigate better if they try different internet browsers, like Chrome or Firefox.   I haven't tried that yet.  But it seems counterproductive to have a website that won't work with almost any browser.

• 3 weeks later...

I received from an email from HAL offering special fares. I clicked on it, went to the site and got the message that said "These special fares, not open to the general public, are available on select sailings. For a limited time book a suite and receive prepaid gratuities! To receive these offers, please login. Offers expire April 26, 2019."
The page shows page 1 of 1155 cruises but nowhere to log in to see the "select sailings for the special fares!!!! 
The HAL site is terrible. I sent a feedback message, but it never helps. 

Kynana,

Yes.  Have had issues getting the sale prices to consistently show up!  Here’s a Thread from Saturday with a little more info: 

I believe the fares are coded from the Email so you don’t have to be logged in (and when I did, sometimes the price was different).  I advise calling HAL to confirm pricing for sailings you are interested in.  It’s a shame we can’t trust the site, as prices change from minute to minute:)

Edited by syesmar