Cruise Critic Community
Fishkillbill

Summit Clothing Optional

You would have to look for charter cruises from organizers of that type of cruise.

3 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

I believe Celebrity uses the term "Evening Cheek".

Yes, no shorts allowed in the MDR.

I was searching recently as to where Infinity was in April 8-13.   It was missing from Celebrity Site.   When I googled on the date it revealed that it was chartered for a "Lifestyle Cruises" (another word for Swingers Cruise)  It appears it offers both clothing optional sun bathing and "Play Rooms". 

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was searching recently as to where Infinity was in April 8-13.   It was missing from Celebrity Site.   When I googled on the date it revealed that it was chartered for a "Lifestyle Cruises" (another word for Swingers Cruise)  It appears it offers both clothing optional sun bathing and "Play Rooms". 

Bare Essentials is a group that sponsors clothing optional charters.  I understand that Celebrity terminated their agreement with a charter group because of behavior problems.

I believe there is a private charter - clothing optional cruise on the Summit repositioning cruise in April from San Juan to Cape Liberty, Bayonne, NJ

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wpgcycler said:

I believe Celebrity uses the term "Evening Cheek".

LOL!!!!

image.thumb.png.4a2dca7bcef10273881d8ad07cd409a9.png

Edited by A Sixth?

Bliss is the charter company.  

One of my favorite crew interactions was with an assistant waiter who had just started her job.  She was very young and just setting out in the big, wide world.  Our cruise was the week after a Bliss cruise, which was her second or third week on the job.  She was hysterically funny in her wonderment about the whole experience.  "I didn't know where to look!"  She did say that they were required to wear clothes in the dining rooms, at least.  

we sailed on the Connie before a nude cruise . The crew had the option of not working that cruise for religious reasons. They had sensitivity training as well . Rules were clothes in eating areas and people must carry towels to sit on.  Other rules I am sure but this is what stands out in my mind.

For these charters clothing is required in the dining room, restaurants and while getting on and off ship at port...

3 hours ago, njgirl said:

I believe there is a private charter - clothing optional cruise on the Summit repositioning cruise in April from San Juan to Cape Liberty, Bayonne, NJ

Really ?

We were considering booking this cruise as it would be recently after the Summit drydock refurbishment. 

At that time, the cruise was listed on the Celebrity web site. I do not recall any information then that it would be a chartered cruise.

Good that we did not go ahead with the booking.

I would assume though,that if it became a charter after a customer booked the cruise, that  Celebrity would have notified the customer and refunded the deposit and any other payments made for the cruise.

It would be a bit of a surprise to be on the ship and encounter “clothes optional “ folks at the pool or other public areas of the ship !

6 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Really ?

We were considering booking this cruise as it would be recently after the Summit drydock refurbishment. 

At that time, the cruise was listed on the Celebrity web site. I do not recall any information then that it would be a chartered cruise.

Good that we did not go ahead with the booking.

I would assume though,that if it became a charter after a customer booked the cruise, that  Celebrity would have notified the customer and refunded the deposit and any other payments made for the cruise.

It would be a bit of a surprise to be on the ship and encounter “clothes optional “ folks at the pool or other public areas of the ship !

Or at least offer a free upgrade to a Premium Package...

Don't worry.   When they charter the ship all reservations are either cancelled or switched to another sailing with a small OBC for the inconvenience.

I once mett the person at Celebrity who handles Charters. She told me that they don't allow a charter if a cruise is more than  25%  booked. The company that charters is responsible for any compensation given to those who were bumped from the cruise. The charter company owns the ship for the length of the charter. Their responsibilities are enumerated in the contract and normally includes a"behavior clause.

3 hours ago, CardRock said:

For these charters clothing is required in the dining room, restaurants and while getting on and off ship at port...

what about in the theatre?

7 hours ago, Orator said:

Bare Essentials is a group that sponsors clothing optional charters.  I understand that Celebrity terminated their agreement with a charter group because of behavior problems.

I thought the group was Bare Necessities.  EM

Posted (edited)

I had a tough time in St Maarten for just a short time passing by on a beach area.  I didn't know if I should look or not look. I opted not to because I didn't want to be rude. But it was fascinating.  

I have to admit, I don't know how people let it all hang out like its nothing. Do they look or not look like I did in St Maarten? I'd like to get inside the heads of the clothing optional folks to learn why they are comfortable with this concept in the spirit of enlightenment when the vast majority of us are not.  

I mean in Art History there were plenty of nudes, both male and female. 

Edited by MizDemeanor

17 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

I had a tough time in St Maarten for just a short time passing by on a beach area.  I didn't know if I should look or not look. I opted not to because I didn't want to be rude. But it was fascinating.  

I have to admit, I don't know how people let it all hang out like its nothing. Do they look or not look like I did in St Maarten? I'd like to get inside the heads of the clothing optional folks to learn why they are comfortable with this concept in the spirit of enlightenment when the vast majority of us are not.  

I mean in Art History there were plenty of nudes, both male and female. 

When we were in St Maarten,  the clothing obstacle beach was deserted except for a couple of octogenarians...You cannot unsee that!

On a cruise if my clothes are wrinkled, I can blame the lack of an iron.  I could never go on one of these cruises, because those wrinkles wouldn't bear an explanation.  🙂

Harris

Denver, CO