Cruise Critic Community
tonto524

How to Train Your Dragon ice show on Allure - reservations possible?

Posted (edited)

I don't see the show on the cruise planner for a mid-May sailing.  Is it something that is booked on board/you just show up? Or maybe it won't be offered as the Dreamworks contract will be over then?

Thanks,

Linda T.

Edited by tonto524
misspelling of show

Our June sailing shows "Ice Games" - a 'live" Monopoly game on ice . Does that show on yours? They cant have the Dragon one due to not partnering with Dreamworks.  Perhaps Ice Games replaced it?

No, it doesn't show for May - Just Ice Games.  I'm checking with RCCL just to be sure, but they don't really know lol.

Thanks,

Linda T.

16 minutes ago, tonto524 said:

I don't see the show on the cruise planner for a mid-May sailing.  Is it something that is booked on board/you just show up? Or maybe it won't be offered as the Dreamworks contract will be over then?

Thanks,

Linda T.

I suspect it'll be gone.   The blog post I read said all of the DW shows would be replaced with "family friendly shows designed by RC Productions"   https://www.*****.com/2018/12/07/royal-caribbean-will-cease-dreamworks-programming-its-ships-2019

4 minutes ago, cruiser123! said:

I suspect it'll be gone.   The blog post I read said all of the DW shows would be replaced with "family friendly shows designed by RC Productions"   https://www.*****.com/2018/12/07/royal-caribbean-will-cease-dreamworks-programming-its-ships-2019

Yep, this is what I was looking to share - no more DW themed shows/parades.

Ice Games and How to Train your Dragon were the two ice shows on Allure. I would suspect HTTYD will be replaced with another show as I can’t see them only having one show. 

FYI - When we were on Allure last month you couldn't make reservations for HTTYD.