Cruise Critic Community
Luvcrusn

Creme Brulee?

Someone posted on the social media site we can't name that the perennial everyday staple and favorite dessert was being discontinued. I can't believe that this is true. Is anyone on board now to comment? It's an inexpensive, relatively easy to prepare sweet that is a favorite of many. What would be the point?

Edited by Luvcrusn

Yes, I saw that too. While not happy about the beef, that may be understandable (not acceptable) from a cost perspective, but Crème Brulee, being an everyday dessert item, a customer favorite, and a dessert that's quickly made with inexpensive, relatively cheap, plentiful, easy to access ingredients makes no sense at all.

4 hours ago, dkjretired said:

If true Beef tourenados and Creme Brûlée gone the same week.

Say it ain't so. That did it. I'm cancelling our Alaska cruise this summer. If I can't have Halibut tourenados and Iceberg Brulee with dinner I simply will not go.

Life is just too short to go without. Like the starving children in Africa my mom used to tell us about to get us to finish our bland oatmeal.

4 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Yes, I saw that too. While not happy about the beef, that may be understandable (not acceptable) from a cost perspective, but Crème Brulee, being an everyday dessert item, a customer favorite, and a dessert that's quickly made with inexpensive, relatively cheap, plentiful, easy to access ingredients makes no sense at all.

Well, it requires 40% milk fat cream and that cream diminishes proportionally with each day of travel, and salt water makes it worse, so there's that. By the end of the cruise it will be nothing more than Skim Brulee, which may not be good. (Ok, I just made this up, but maybe it will make us feel better, right?) You heard about it on the internet so it must be true.

4 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

Well, it requires 40% milk fat cream and that cream diminishes proportionally with each day of travel, and salt water makes it worse, so there's that. By the end of the cruise it will be nothing more than Skim Brulee, which may not be good. (Ok, I just made this up, but maybe it will make us feel better, right?) You heard about it on the internet so it must be true.

I read it on the internet, didn't believe it was true and asked that someone currently on board either verify or debunk. It is most definitely a first world "problem!"

I had creme brule 3 weeks ago and it was great!  I took the recipe and made it myself.  It actually came out very good.   But it was in my home and not on a ship....😀

Well, since the recipe used is not vegan, and never has been aboard X's ships, I for one will not miss it...

😥

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

As Celebrity had passed out the recipe, maybe I should make it at home and bring it onboard.  Just like people bringing water on the ship....

13 minutes ago, keesar said:

As Celebrity had passed out the recipe, maybe I should make it at home and bring it onboard.  Just like people bringing water on the ship....

And straws, 🤣

On another live  post it has just been stated that Creme Brûlée is alive and well and not going anywhere. 

34 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

And straws, 🤣

On another live  post it has just been stated that Creme Brûlée is alive and well and not going anywhere. 

Confirmed. It’s not going anywhere as per the host of Silhouette on Equinox. 

But perhaps she’s not in the know. Lol 

4 hours ago, keesar said:

My daughter makes them frequently and does a real good job, she experiments with different flavors. Last one we had was dark chocolate.

I know the changes in menu items sound trivial, but many negatives beginning to add up. Have been loyal to Celebrity, but now I will look at other cruise lines as well. I think for me the biggest negative is the Edgification of the older ships. Still reading reviews as each ship undergoes theses changes, but getting close to cancelling next 3 cruises. Only one safe for now our upcoming Alaska cruise on the Eclipse pre changes. Also read that they are eliminating Murano on M class ship, a favorite by many.

25 minutes ago, realnice46 said:

I know the changes in menu items sound trivial, but many negatives beginning to add up. Have been loyal to Celebrity, but now I will look at other cruise lines as well. I think for me the biggest negative is the Edgification of the older ships. Still reading reviews as each ship undergoes theses changes, but getting close to cancelling next 3 cruises. Only one safe for now our upcoming Alaska cruise on the Eclipse pre changes. Also read that they are eliminating Murano on M class ship, a favorite by many.

Murano's been removed from M-class ships about two years ago. We don't do specialty dining on those ships anymore since Tuscan's never been a favorite of ours. Qsine is a one and done for us, and LPC is not appealing in the least.

We are onboard the Silhouette, créeme brûlée and Crema Catalana are on the dessert menú, the one’s with pistachios and banana caramel only in 14 nights cruises

Edited by gerelmx

I rarely have dessert on the ship but when I do it is usually crème brulee. At home I make it with maple syrup

8 hours ago, Marelaine said:

Creme Brule was on the every day dessert menu on our Silhouette cruise last week. 

Wonder if it will be on Eclipse in three weeks?  I will miss it, but I'd rather have crepe suzette served once  or twice during the cruise.

20 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Murano's been removed from M-class ships about two years ago. We don't do specialty dining on those ships anymore since Tuscan's never been a favorite of ours. Qsine is a one and done for us, and LPC is not appealing in the least.

Unfortunately the M-Class ships never had Murano's.   They had Olympic, Ocean Liner, SS United states and Normandy and as you indicated  they were removed 2-4 years ago.  

I have to agree with your opinion of Tuscan and Qsine and don't bother with them even when we have free unlimited Specialty Dining with our room. 

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Unfortunately the M-Class ships never had Murano's.   They had Olympic, Ocean Liner, SS United states and Normandy and as you indicated  they were removed 2-4 years ago.  

I have to agree with your opinion of Tuscan and Qsine and don't bother with them even when we have free unlimited Specialty Dining with our room. 

Agreed.  We have tried Tuscan a few times since the major revision of the menu.  Many of our favorite items were removed.   No more visits for us.  I even got offers of $25 to eat there  a few weeks ago and refused the offer.  That night we went up to the buffet for the Fish Market and loved it.  But we love seafood.