Moving booking to PVP

ski_mom

We have only used a PVP one time (the last time we booked).  Usually, I just book on my own and go from there.  Haven't had any problems doing to that way, but thought it might be nice to have a direct number to call with any price drops, etc, so used our PVP last time and it was fine too.

anyway, my husband and I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card which we've racked up a lot of points on.  I've decided I'd like to pay a large portion of our cruise using those points this summer.  I've picked out our cruise and am ready to book, but I know in order to use our points, I have to book through Chase travel.  If I do that and don't pay the entire cruise with our points (leave a balance to pay before final payment is due), can I still transfer to our PVP and will she get any credit if I do that?

If I don't transfer, I guess I would just add the booking to our Carnival account and go from there.  I have Carnival gift cards to pay off the balance, so I assume I could enter them through carnival.com when I got everything set up on the website.

Thanks for any information you may have on this!  She is really nice, but I don't want to take advantage of her by transferring, but her not getting any credit for it.

I don't know if they get credit or not but when I had a PVP he had no problem managing an existing booking for me. I paid him back by letting him book all of my future bookings even though I could've just booked them myself. 

You will not be able to book with your points through your PVP.  If you book with the TA (to use your points), the TA would have to release the booking in order to transfer to your TA.  If the booking remains with the TA, all of your payments and any price drops or changes would have to go through them.  You will be able to use your gift cards through the TA.