Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
VMax1700

Musings from the Monarch (Koningsdam)

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Chocolate escargot!!

9ED5B65E-D33C-49C7-828A-9CCD9389D204.jpeg

Yumm..Do we get six of these too, just like the escargot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

Yumm..Do we get six of these too, just like the escargot.

Yummo, one can only hope😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't like the idea that they are using the excuse "no supplies have arrived" -- heard that too many times on different ships years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Let me know if it works like the Prinsendam.  Even though I had unlimited, it logged me out every 3 hours.  Not timed out , it would log me out even if I was currently working.

 

Thanks

Roy

Working fine for me today. I have been logged in for 8 continuous hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

No chocolates????????????????????

 

Unacceptable!!! 

 

We should probably  have this thread taken down before Ruth sees it! 

 

Oh, she saw it. Ruth was once on a cruise where the pillow chocolates had not been delivered by sailing time. But, the cruise was long enough that a delivery was made, double chocolates were delivered to make up for the missing ones, and Ruth got an extra supply. :classic_biggrin: 
She feels sorry for those who won't be on long enough to get their share, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, doone said:

On my cruise no escargot was served, found out when I got home there was a shortage, maybe the chocolate are with the escargot 😁

OMG.  No escargot?  That would RUIN my trip (tongue in cheek).  They'd have to fill an escargot dish with butter and garlic and give me lots of bread to soak it up.......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for being off topic, but.... on Nieuw Statendam, I really wanted to have the Advokaat at the Dutch Cafe. Nope, sorry, we don't have any on the ship and don't expect to get any until we get to Amsterdam.

This was 2 months after the ship sailed and they had non left!

 

Count me as one disappointed customer.  😒

 

Back to regular programming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OVgirl said:

Sorry for being off topic, but.... on Nieuw Statendam, I really wanted to have the Advokaat at the Dutch Cafe. Nope, sorry, we don't have any on the ship and don't expect to get any until we get to Amsterdam.

This was 2 months after the ship sailed and they had non left!

 

Count me as one disappointed customer.  😒

 

Back to regular programming.

Sometimes life is a Bols. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like almost half the dance floor in BBKings (aka Queens club) has disappeared under the new extended stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salvation! 

Goods Inwards dept and Inventory control must have got their act together.

On the bed tonight.........

 

20190328_220916.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

Salvation! 

Goods Inwards dept and Inventory control must have got their act together.

On the bed tonight.........

 

20190328_220916.jpg

 

So, those bad boys were helicoptered in this morning; very cool! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 7:46 PM, RMLincoln said:

That is tragic.  Let's all hope it was a one-time oversight.  m--

Got off the Koningsdam on Wednesday.  No goodnight chocolates the entire cruise.  Told we were not in a premium enough category.  In a VB balcony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Salvation

Goods Inwards dept and Inventory control must have got their act together.

On the bed tonight.........

 

Good news indeed 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also just got off the Koningsdam on Wednesday and there was definitely an English breakfast station at the Lido every day.  As Copper mentioned, there were no pillow chocolates the entire cruise (we were in a Vista suite), but frankly I didn’t even notice until the end and who really needs any more food at the end of the day?   I would rather HAL spend the money in other places. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAY chocolates are back......now are escargot  back??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

 

So, those bad boys were helicoptered in this morning; very cool! 😁

I think it was a drone as no one heard a 'copter doing the mercy mission!

I asked at the meet and greet and no one got pillow chocolates the first night. That means a 10 percent saving in the chocolate budget!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I think it means someone from HAL is reading the board :).

It's possible, because this morning as I ordered my eggs over easy, i was handed a plate with real bacon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mncyclist said:

We also just got off the Koningsdam on Wednesday and there was definitely an English breakfast station at the Lido every day. 

Yes there is a station at each side of the lido, but no back rashers only streaky bacon. My preference is back bacon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Another one of those strange accounting 'discrepancies'........(also known as left hand not knowing what right hand is doing.......)

We both have sustantial obc and i purchased additional credit. On previous cruises DW's credit posts to our single account and all charges post to the same account.

This time, when i checked the Hal app Ellen' obc was not shown. Knowing the app can be out of sync i used one of the printing stations beside GS to get a statement. Still her credit not showing. So over to GS. Yes her credit was on her account. Ok, says I, so will her hotel charge and her keycard purchases post to her account? "Yes sir" says GS.

Emmmmmmm.  No they don't!  It is frustrating that something so simple is made difficult.

 

Edited by VMax1700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Another one of those strange accounting 'discrepancies'........(also known as left hand not knowing what right hand is doing.......)

We both have sustantial obc and i purchased additional credit. On previous cruises DW's credit posts to our single account and all charges post to the same account.

This time, when i checked the Hal app Ellen' obc was not shown. Knowing the app can be out of sync i used one of the printing stations beside GS to get a statement. Still her credit not showing. So over to GS. Yes her credit was on her account. Ok, says I, so will her hotel charge and her keycard purchases post to her account? "Yes sir" says GS.

Emmmmmmm.  No they don't!  It is frustrating that something so simple is made difficult.

 

They are all the same account, they all are stored on the same database, they are all the same debits and credits BUT the onboard statement that you get from the self-print machine, the statement you get from Guest Services, and the statement you see on the onboard app ARE ALL ALWAYS DIFFERENT???  This is something a first-year programming student could get right in a few hours. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

They are all the same account, they all are stored on the same database, they are all the same debits and credits BUT the onboard statement that you get from the self-print machine, the statement you get from Guest Services, and the statement you see on the onboard app ARE ALL ALWAYS DIFFERENT???  This is something a first-year programming student could get right in a few hours. 🙄

 

What I could see on the Navigator system and what the Neptune Lounge concierge got on her screen were different. When I checked my account two days in, I saw "Explore4" and a charge of zero each day. But I didn't have Ex4. I asked the concierge about this (hoping I had a surprise "present" from HAL 🙄) and she said, no not EX 4. It was for my free HSC, which I knew I did have. She printed out what she had on her computer. Her version showed the HSC charged and then credited back each day, which is how I've seen it in the past. The totals matched so that was a good thing. But why were there two versions??? (I didn't try the kiosk to see if there was a third version.) I thought only corrupt businesses kept two (or more) sets of books.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...