Jan 19 2020 Oasis in danger of Cancellation?

Booked for my 30th wedding anniversary. Seeing posts on roll call about Atlantis advertising this sailing. Been cancelled for a prolonged drydock, but not charter. Seems too close to sailing to cancel bookings for a charter. Am I wrong about about being too comfortable about a charter cancelling our booking?

Edited by coaster

The Explorer sailing Dec 8, 2019 was just cancelled for a charter today.

According to their facebook group Atlantis has chartered the Oasis for Jan 19, 2020.  There are only 3 types of cabins for sale which is typical when charter negations are ongoing. 

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The Explorer sailing Dec 8, 2019 was just cancelled for a charter today.

According to their facebook group Atlantis has chartered the Oasis for Jan 19, 2020.  There are only 3 types of cabins for sale which is typical when charter negations are ongoing. 

I'm booked for the Jan 19, 2020 cruise...when will they let me know it's chartered? 

Don't cancel yourself coaster, but it is probably likely that your cruise will be. January is quite some distance away. Why don't you book up another cruise, that sails in the same time frame? If your planned cruise is cancelled, you may be offered some compensation from the cancelled sailing and will be able to move it to the new booking. You will be notified of the cancellation well before final payment on either cruise. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SakeDad said:

This is why travel insurance is always a good idea......ya just never know what can come up!

Whats insurance got to do with this? Its not like there going to keep your money..you do get it back or am i missing something?

• Like 4

Sorry to hear that Coaster. I would be very disappointed too! I hope you can find something similar and you have a great time. I’ve been on almost 40 cruises and never had this happen, but reading about it much more frequently now ☹️

7 minutes ago, iWillSailAway said:

Are Holiday cruises generally safer?  I am booked on a Christmas New Year B2B and would hate to have to rebook. 

I would think so,  because the cost to charter a holiday cruise would be very high.

• Thanks 1

Noticed that also today. Was reading too much about the Oasis drydock accident to post. I can now personally relate to all the folks here now who have posted about their cruise being cancelled by a charter. I knew my time was coming....

Edited by coaster

On 3/27/2019 at 9:35 PM, mworkman said:

It would suck since I have another cruise booked prior to this one.  Planned on getting off one ship and hopping on another.

We were in the same situation 2 weeks ago.  We had booked the Independence for 5 days prior to our Symphony cruise and learnt the IOS had been chartered.  They gave us 3 options:  1) Other dates for the same ship at the same rate we booked .  OBC of $200 for a suite, $  100 for a balcony..   2) Book another cruise at the ongoing rate and get the OBC offer or 3) Cancel and get our non-refundable deposit back.   We went for option 2 which now requires a night in between cruises.

This a 1st for us however at least we knew far enough in advance to make other plans. 

For us would always be a nightmare....we fly from Europe to USA to cruise and we can only do it during a couple of weeks p/year. We normally plan everything that we want to do during 2 weeks: the cruise, the cities to visit near the departing ports after and before the cruise,  book sport games to watch live (unique opportunity for us), rent a car... For us is not only "one cruise". We spend months planning how to organize everything after and before the cruise. If they cancel it  we would have to cancel all the trip. :( 

22 minutes ago, ranchette said:

Any ideas how long it will take to put the ship back in service? I have reservations for June 2020.

If you are talking about the damage to the ship from the crane incident, that will long be resolved a year from now. This thread is about a cancellation in January for a charter. 

On 3/27/2019 at 10:02 PM, SakeDad said:

This is why travel insurance is always a good idea......ya just never know what can come up!

What good is travel insurance going to do now?  They are before final payment and if the cruise line cancels they will get a refund. I never purchase travel insurance until a week or so before final payment for this reason. They would be out the cost of the travel insurance if RC canceled 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1