Cruise Critic Community

When on a cruise I like to get up early and walk a mile around the deck before breakfast. Both  Discovery 2 and Explorer have running/walking tracks on the top deck. I can’t tell from the plans of the Dream if there is any way to walk in circuits on the Dream without climbing stairs.

I will be doing my first Marella Dream cruise next month, so any advice appreciated.

Looking at the plans that would be deck 9 which seems to show that a walk is interrupted by the Lido Bar and Grill. Assume I will need to walk: Deck - through Lido Bar - Lido Deck - through Lido Grill - Deck.

Thanks, got the picture, shall have fun.

Correct, it is all on the same level and if you go at the right time you can pick up some food/drink 🍷have a good cruise. 

A lot of people walk around the top deck above the central pool early morning too

Don't understand that one Vitalsign 🤔 it's only a short walk, never noticed it but perhaps we are not up that early😉

Around the pool does seem a little short. One mile is 4 times around the track on Discovery 2 and 7 times around on Explorer.

The track on both those ships tend to get a little busy with joggers early first thing, looks like I will have a bit more space on the Dream and can grab a bacon sarnie on the way through the Lido.

looking to go on the dream with two  children booked outside plus 4 berth on deck 6 which cabin is best they are 6151 up to 6171 what is the blank square opposite them ??? anyone know?? which deck are the lifeboats on ?

Can't help with cabins as we alway go on promenade deck 9, which the lifeboats are on, but our daughter and family have been on deck 6 and enjoyed it. Have a good one best entertainment IMO for many years. 

Posted (edited)

I am guessing the blank square is the funnel/exhaust from the engine room to the top of the ship.

I must go through the Lido Restaurant as well, perhaps keeps the food warm 🙂 

Edited by GOQ
Added second line

The blank space opposite 6151 is what goes up to the funnel from the engines and the blank space opposite 6171 is the corridor from the lifts to get to your cabin and the blank squares are crew access/or storerooms