Help requested for selecting Equinox balcony cabin

hiccups

We have our first sailing with X in June, and are currently booked in cabin 7352--an aft balcony with what appears to be from the deck plans a slightly larger balcony.  Prices have come down, and doing a mock booking on our cruise, I see several "angled hump" balcony cabins have opened up.  If I understand the "first and third" cabins from the hump correctly (and I may not!), it looks like some of the "better" hump balcony cabins are available--for example, 7286, 7215, 8253 and 9209.  Would any experienced X cruisers care to weigh in on whether we should see if we can get one of those cabins?  My DH enjoys sitting out on the balcony and I think would enjoy having the room for a lounger.  I'm not sure if our current cabin would accommodate one, whereas it appears the hump balconies can.  Thanks for any advice!

We recently became Celebrity cruisers after years with RCI. It took a couple of cruises to discover the joys of a "hump" balcony. We are booked in those cabins now for all future cruises. Not only do we enjoy the larger balcony, it also gives us the space to remove the little coffee table out of the way in the cabin and put it in the corner of the balcony. 

I can't speak for the size of balcony you currently have booked as I have never sailed aft on the Equinox, but have sailed the angled part of the hump on that ship and loved the balcony.  Much more balcony space to enjoy!!  We are with you 39august... once we sailed in an angled hump cabin, that is the cabin location we book for future cruises.  

Edited by Reel Love

I don’t have any experience with your cabin options, but I can share our experience with a slanted balcony.  We sailed in Equinox cabin 8162 last year.  We did not have a lounger, but the balcony was certainly large enough to accommodate two of them easily.  That said, cabin 8160 next door had an even larger balcony.  Our balcony was rear-facing, so very well protected from any strong wind; maybe something to keep in mind when considering the forward-facing balconies on the hump…HTH 😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OT-Miami said:

I don’t have any experience with your cabin options, but I can share our experience with a slanted balcony.  We sailed in Equinox cabin 8162 last year.  We did not have a lounger, but the balcony was certainly large enough to accommodate two of them easily.  That said, cabin 8160 next door had an even larger balcony.  Our balcony was rear-facing, so very well protected from any strong wind; maybe something to keep in mind when considering the forward-facing balconies on the hump…HTH 😊

Here's a photo of the balcony taken from inside Equinox cabin 8162...

IMG_3719.jpg

• Like 1

Funny, hubs and I have our first cruise on X in July, and I moved up to cabin 7352 from our original cabin on 6, because of the same reasons you state! It looked slightly bigger, and we had a similar aft cabin on RCL the last time we cruised. I'd love to know what you find out!

2 hours ago, hiccups said:

If I understand the "first and third" cabins from the hump correctly (and I may not!), it looks like some of the "better" hump balcony cabins are available--for example, 7286, 7215, 8253 and 9209. 

You are correct -- the largest balconies are the first and third on the slant of the hump, counting from the straight part of the hump in either direction.   I have no experience with the cabin in which you are currently booked, but be aware that it's a bit of walk to the nearest elevators. Maybe not a big deal when you are heading out for awhile, but say you forgot your book, or whatever.

My favorite location on the S-class ships is on the slant of the hump.  Not only do you get those large balconies, but the location, near the elevators, is incredibly convenient (and there's no noise from the elevator lobby).  

If you decide to move, of the four cabins you have identified, some face forward, some face aft, as of course you've noticed.  It would be a matter of personal preference which you select (I prefer to see where the ship is going, but that's me).  You might also consider whether the bed is by the bath or by the balcony, and whether you have a preference there.  (The cabins with a convertible sofa have the bed by the bath, and they alternate. So, for example, 9209 has the bed by the balcony, and 9207 has the bed by the bath.)

I hope that's helpful.  Let us know if you have more questions!

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 2

There is a sticky at the top of the page titled S Class Cabin Information that is really helpful.  There is a great spreadsheet that can be downloaded and sorted by ship, cabin category, reviews, etc.   Not all cabins are listed but those that have sailed before us have shared a lot of information on the cabins they were in :classic_smile:

I always try to get one of the slanted cabins closest to the hump, as It gives the posibility to look both straight forward and backward (leaning slightly over the railing in one of the directions). If you have the third cabin from the hump your view in one of the directions will be blocked by the hump.

/Erik

• Like 1