Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady

RMS Olympic

Hey Melbourne!

I look forward to meeting you on board. This should be a very interesting experience.

im no longer concerned with the supposed demographics... as I was told the average age of people booking (in general) is about 50 years of age.

im a morning person so staying up into the wee hours of the morning probably won’t be for me.....maybe midnight to one.....on a few nights.

i just can’t see people partying till 3 and then going to an early yoga class😁😜😝

me, the champagne bar baby.... yum!

Hope the fires down under are not putting you in danger.

Tom

2 minutes ago, RMS Olympic said:

Hey Melbourne!

I look forward to meeting you on board. This should be a very interesting experience.

im no longer concerned with the supposed demographics... as I was told the average age of people booking (in general) is about 50 years of age.

im a morning person so staying up into the wee hours of the morning probably won’t be for me.....maybe midnight to one.....on a few nights.

i just can’t see people partying till 3 and then going to an early yoga class😁😜😝

me, the champagne bar baby.... yum!

Hope the fires down under are not putting you in danger.

Tom

Hey Tom,

You’re right there, we are also early morning risers. You’ll typically see us in the gym every morning before the masses get up.  We’re used to Atlantis cruises where the gym gets crowded very quickly. VV free fitness classes could appeal...

Hi, guys! My wife and I will definitely be with you as early risers as much as we try to sleep late when we are on vacation- and by late I mean past 6am. I am certainly not worried about the demographics on the ship as despite our ages (53 & 58). Although, from everything I have seen so far it looks like the age group on the cruise is going to be higher than Virgin anticipated. 

Look forward to seeing you there,

Jeanne (aka Kathryn- so, I don't confuse you, Tom, from the FB page)

😁aka Kathryn😘. Love the aka...do you prefer Jeanne?

my aka Bertha actually came from my time in the military.

as for early morning... I’m in.

i too usually hit the gym in the morning and then breakfast and bacon.🐖.

ad I am the elder you’ll all be the youngins.

dinner should be interesting as there is no schedule play it by ear. Should be fun.

Haha! I have always gone by Jeanne,  my middle name,  but Kathryn is my first name.  I keep scanning everything daily for any new info about our cruise. I especially want to make sure that I book for the drag brunch, cooking classes, et al, as soon as possible. 

Hi Jeanne! Thanks for your post. I was not aware reservations would need to be made prior to boarding. I’m going to have to check their website daily to see when selections for dinning, tours activities are available for selection/ purchase.

my hope is to do the drag brunch on the 14th as that’s my birthday. What better way to celebrate a birthday but to have drinks surrounded by drag queens..... oh so not my routine.

Im curious as to how dining venues will seat solo passengers... I’m hoping with other people as sitting alone is boring.

i sure hope this cruise is great although having a great time is in my control and I always have a great time. It will be interesting to follow up with a Mediterranean cruise on the Valiant Lady with a passenger mix of Europeans.

in the meantime I’m ramping up for my March cruise on the new Sky Princess. Oh so red ta go.

🤓

Flgrl67...... cool! A drag queen lunch!!!  Maybe I’ll wear my trailer trash T-shirt I bought in Key West. That should be an eyebrow raiser...👹

By the way, your photo includes a doggie..... what kind, name, and how long have you been blessed with that bundle of joy?

Back on restaurants.... I’m going to check out the entire list and pick something different for each night. As it appears we can make reservations a couple months prior to the cruise. I figure make a res and it can always be cancelled once on board.

The steak restaurant is number one for me.....then the Mongolian barbq . The Italian... if it has osso buco ......I’m there .

I’m a carnivor and proud of it..... did someone say bacon?    Pig, yummmmmm!🐷🐖🐷🐖🐷😛

Hi, we have 2 Yorkies.  Gracie Mae is our 9 year old.  Harper Blu is our 2 year old (the one in the pic).

The wife and I are definitely carnivores as well and love trying new dishes and  cuisines.  I just had ostrich this past summer in Savannah, GA. My one limitation is that I am allergic to all seafood,  but my wife loves it.

Do you have pets?

Well I am a dog person. Mine is a 10 year old dachshund named Gracie. She is the only family I have.... separation is rough on the both of us.

For me...seafood consists of shell fish (shrimp I live for).Actual fish is anything that is not oily and strong tasting.

My biggest no no is anything raw...oysters forget it. Sushi...no. 

Glad to hear you are carnivores...let eat😛

BFB4B6FC-4EBB-438D-AD3F-44CB29070B01.jpeg

Ahhhhhh, what a cutie! We definitely understand the separation anxiety.  This will be our first vacation in 2 years without our girls- the first time without Harper. We usually just take them along to our land- based vacations. 

We are excited as well to try all of the specialty restaurants that we can on the Scarlet Lady. I know that so many people are upset about no drink package.  I much prefer having the specialty restaurants included and pay for my drinks. With drink packages,  I always feel the pressure to drink more to get my money's worth.  I've scanned the samples of the menus that have been released so far,  and they look interesting. 

Well the type of music isn’t a big concern for me as long as it varies... too much of the same thing is boring. The one type I would love by the main pool for a little time each day would be steel drum music. Most might disagree but to me nothing says Caribbean than some steel drum reggae music. Not for hours but maybe mid afternoon with cocktails. 

But the late night club party better have something hot 🥵 laying by a decent DJ.

If all else fails, I’ll grab a strong drink and just people watch.😈

Some people are just negative. Some go on a cruise with one goal...to find things to complain about.

people have said they couldn’t find anything good to eat.... I’d love to see what they eat at home. 

Others  complain they didn’t get lobster...when they paid @$500 for a week....

i read one post.... the food great, service great, ports great, bar service great....but I’ll never sail on that line again because the internet service was so slow.

And yes, people put down a product that they have  not experienced, but in this case a ship that hadn’t entered service.

They should just be happy that they can even contemplate a cruise when other people don’t know where their next meal is coming from.

Sorry... my soap box came out.

My wife and I are always able to look past minor issues or problems that occur on vacations so that we still have a great time. Like you said, there are so many bigger world problems out there to not appreciate what we have. 

I may have gotten a little bitchy on another thread...sorry,  not sorry.  I am tired of everyone complaining of there not being an all-inclusive drink package.  There are so many other all-inclusive on this ship. Either control your drinking for 4 nights or just pay for it. If you can't then choose another line...there are plenty. 

I was looking to book the Oct 25th sailing as it'll be over my husband's 48th birthday. I too had some reservations about demographics etc, but now feeling somewhat relieved.  This is also the sailing that the BearCruise group will be on which I just found out about 5 minutes ago thanks to this thread.    We're not bears, but it's nice to know there will be a group of gay men on board.  I still might wait to hear how things go after a few sailings, but I'm also inclined to just give it a try!!.