Horizon vs Breeze

The last few days I've been scouring the internet for all things Carnival as I am in the midst of planning our honeymoon. I was pretty sold on Carnival Breeze but Carnival Horizon  is longer with an extra stop. I'd love to hear everyone's input on either ship or any of the stops listed. 

Carnival Breeze (6 days)

Out of Fort Lauderdale

November 1 2020

Nassau, Amber Cove and Grand Turk

Cloud 9 Spa Balcony

OR 

Carnival Horizon (8 days)

Out of Miami

October 31 2020

Aruba

Curacao

La Romana

Amber Cove

Cloud 9 Spa Oceanview

Edited by soontobemerritt

Damn that's a tough choice!

Maybe look into prices too - see if flights are cheaper to one airport or the other (unless you included that in the $400 you mentioned above). Maybe also look into excursions to see if anything jumps out at you.

I LOVED the Breeze..but also I loved Aruba and Curacao...and also Grand Turk lol. 

44 minutes ago, soontobemerritt said:

The last few days I've been scouring the internet for all things Carnival as I am in the midst of planning our honeymoon. I was pretty sold on Carnival Breeze but Carnival Horizon  is longer with an extra stop. I'd love to hear everyone's input on either ship or any of the stops listed. 

Carnival Breeze (6 days)

Out of Fort Lauderdale

November 1 2020

Nassau, Amber Cove and Grand Turk

Cloud 9 Spa Balcony

OR 

Carnival Horizon (8 days)

Out of Miami

October 31 2020

Aruba

Curacao

La Romana

Amber Cove

Cloud 9 Spa Oceanview

Although I loved the Breeze (just sailed her March 2) I would definitely choose the 8 day itinerary! And the Horizon is a newer ship, so this is a no brainer. But if for some reason you choose the Breeze, you won’t be disappointed with that ship.

• Like 1

Just now, soontobemerritt said:

Not a fan? 

We were most excited for Nassau and Grand Turk. 

A lot of people don't like Nassau. I liked it. I went out on my own and got to do and see a lot without spending much money. I didn't even make it to paradise island. I'll be going back for that. Also want to go to Amber Cove. The cruise port area looks nice with the pools and water slides. And I want to do the waterfalls.

32 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I’d say Horizon especially since it’s youre honeymoon. It usually takes us a day or two to totally relax and decompress so you’d have more time in relaxation mode with the Horizon itinerary. 

How many times have you been married????😮

• Haha 1

Just now, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Just once and celebrating our 25th Anniversary this year and I have no idea what your point is. You obviously missed my point too.

My point was humor....I got yours just fine.  Read your post I quoted again.....

Horizon.....8 days always trumps 6 days on somewhat similar ships.  I would also trade in the Cloud 9 Spa Ocean view for a Havana cabin in any format , which is either inside, lanai, aft balcony, corner aft or suite.  Edit....forgot to mention that Aruba and Curacao crush Nassau 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Edited by SNJCruisers
  • Like 1

2 extra days, 1 extra port, ship with more to do, I'd choose the Horizon in a heartbeat. That itinerary would be an absolute blast! Not that I'm here to poo poo on the other one's itinerary. I've had great times at Nassau and Grand Turk. I would just give the edge to the other route.

soontobe, this is your honeymoon.  You can come back and do a very standard 6 day cruise anytime.  Take the Horizon 8 day run.  This is a special one.  Easy call.

Edited by jsglow

I agree with what basically everyone has said and would go with Horizon based on the ports and extra days.  Now if the decision was strictly based on the ship, I would pick Breeze. I just did an 8 day cruise on Horizon and had a great time, but I still prefer Dream class ships over Vista class ships.