Cruise Critic Community
Curleegirl

Interior Public Spaces

Posted (edited)

With the exception of the recently built ships, which ship interior public spaces are toned down compared to ships like the Imagination and Miracle? Thanks

Edited by Curleegirl

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Curleegirl said:

With the exception of the recently built ships, which ship interior public spaces are toned compared to ships like the Imagination and Miracle? Thanks

I'm not clear on what you mean by "toned". Do you mean which ships are decorated similarly to the Imagination and the Miracle?

Edited by JennyB1977

We've sailed on Breeze, Magic and Sunshine, and they all have a more subdued décor than the Fantasy class ships.

More of a beach/relaxing palette.

Splendor is Pepto Bismol pink LOL  But we loved her anyhow--honestly, we love all the tacky Farcus styled ships.  

looks like someone is not a fan of joe farcus designs on the ships 

Sadly, it's hard to please everyone. :classic_rolleyes:

Some don't like the wild & crazy colors.

Others find a more subdued decor dull and boring.  

Carnival was having a designer/artist do the interior themes of all ships up until the Dream class.  His name is Farcus, look him up on YouTube, he is an interesting guy with a serious theme to all ships.  Once we learned about him, we found the interiors of all those ships fantastic.  But then, I am an artist so I like quirky/artsy and hate polished chrome and glass.

2 hours ago, Curleegirl said:

I tried not to rock the boat with my question. 😂 

You could just be more specific, toned is the wrong word. We don't like the wild earlier Farcus designs either. 

The Breeze and newer have muted colors vs bright pink and bright purple and bright blue. If you want stately, go with a different line.

1 hour ago, coevan said:

You could just be more specific, toned is the wrong word.

That's condescending. I understood "toned down" just fine.

3 hours ago, Curleegirl said:

I tried not to rock the boat with my question. 😂 

It's Cruise Critic. For some, their first reaction is to lash out in some way.

I thought the Conquest was very gaudy. But the decor of it's sister ship, Glory, was much more to my liking.

5 hours ago, keywest1 said:

honestly, we love all the tacky Farcus styled ships.

We do too, there's just something about all that glitziness :classic_biggrin:

6 hours ago, Curleegirl said:

With the exception of the recently built ships, which ship interior public spaces are toned down compared to ships like the Imagination and Miracle? Thanks

In all the ships we've researched and considered cruising, the Breeze looked the most toned down compared to her older sisters.

Posted (edited)

double post

Edited by schazzy

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I thought the Conquest was very gaudy. But the decor of it's sister ship, Glory, was much more to my liking.

The Conquest is a tribute to Impressionism and Post-Impressionism art.  The rooms are all named for an artist - Monet, Renoir, Cezanne, etc.  The big theater is the Moulin Rouge with the red windmills and everything, one room is Van Gogh's Sunflowers.  If you are an art nerd or you like museums, you will love it.  If you don't like that kind of thing, it would appear gaudy.  I happen to find it amazingly creative and better than boring modern flat colors.

Glory is a nautical theme, with ropes and sails and boats everywhere.  We like it too, its just a different Farcus theme.

here is the video I was talking about:

Edited by ABQrobin
adding

I will miss the Triumph’s “great cities of the world” theme, especially with the gold globe patterns on the ceiling.

Carnival Pride is a little more subdued than most of the other older ships.  Although still a Farcus design, it has an 'Art of the Renaissance Masters' theme that uses a more "toned down" palette than his other designs.  It still might be considered a bit gaudy and tacky, though.  That's just the Farcus style.  You get used to it.:classic_happy:

I have only sailed on the Farcus ships of Carnival and when I sailed on Magic, after a few days I remarked to me sister that everything seemed bland, nothing memorable about the decor.  It was the last ship Farcus did for Carnival (but I think he was still doing Costa) and so much more subdued than the others.  EM

Thank you everyone. I respect the fact that Farcus ship’s designs have their following. Even though it’s not my preferred aesthetic I never meant to criticize those who appreciate it. It’s no different from comparing itineraries or dining options.

Redone Fantasy Class have more modern interiors.  First two trips were on the redone Elation and the last was the miracle.  Much prefer the decor of the Elation.   Overall much prefer the Miracle but for looks the Elation. 

On 3/29/2019 at 4:03 PM, Curleegirl said:

The Pride is interesting.  We sailed her twice with my kids when they were like 9 and 7 and they found some of the "art" interesting.  We all thought Pride was great and as illustrated we went back on her!

On 3/30/2019 at 12:26 PM, Curleegirl said:

Thank you everyone. I respect the fact that Farcus ship’s designs have their following. Even though it’s not my preferred aesthetic I never meant to criticize those who appreciate it. It’s no different from comparing itineraries or dining options.

We werent' criticizing you for not liking the Farcus designs, we were just discussing the reason the ships seem "gaudy" to some.  It is totally a matter of preference.  Just figured you didn't know about Farcus..