LIVE From The Flower Power Cruise: Peace, Love & Rock & Roll On The Infinity

vtcruising

I went to bed by 11 but the DH went out again until 100 AM. He said people were still partying like it was 1999. It was rocking in the Constellation Lounge with Peter Asher bringing up band after band to perform. Nobody wanted to leave.  He woke up with the 6 o’clock alarm wondering what was going on. We made it off easily by 8:40 or so. My luggage was not under number 8 and I panicked. Luckily I had received a new suitcase for my bday (I will never speak about what happened to my last one on the Edge😉) and got a beautiful teal color that no one else has. I saw it across the room under the untagged luggage area. The tag had been ripped off I guess. 

The walk is quite long off the ship to the terminal - I didn’t agree before - it seemed fine the last 4 times, but with a bum knee, it is a pretty good walk (and there were many on this cruise more broken than I am right now). 

Missed the facial recognition part, but Customs was fast. We then took a pretty long walk to the taxi stand and we were off.

With 6 ships in port, I was worried that the airport would be mobbed. We lucked out and breezes through and now have a couple of hours to kill.

At least VT will be in the 50’s tomorrow and hopefully this horrible winter will be done!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m so happy that you two had another great Flower Power cruise. Thanks again for sharing the fun with us! Note to self: try to add a couple of post cruise decompression days in FL, before flying home. I think we’ll need them after partying the last night away😂 (Pssst I’m imagining so many amusing scenarios featuring your old suitcase🤣)

I hope you have smooth travels home, and find your trees starting to bloom😊

28 minutes ago, Oville said:

Safe travels Marilyn, sounds like you had a blast from the past.😉  Katie

Thanks!!! Have fun! It was fun to show the staff on the Infinity Edge pictures. They didn’t know much about it except for marketing videos, pictures. Their friends on the Edge say it is a beautiful ship but hard work since it is a new ship. I tried to get Fernando to switch to the Edge but he is happy on the Infinity.

im looking forward to hearing about your adventures!!😎

33 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I’m so happy that you two had another great Flower Power cruise. Thanks again for sharing the fun with us! Note to self: try to add a couple of post cruise decompression days in FL, before flying home. I think we’ll need them after partying the last night away😂 (Pssst I’m imagining so many amusing scenarios featuring your old suitcase🤣)

I hope you have smooth travels home, and find your trees starting to bloom😊

Probably nothing in bloom because it snowed last night. 😦

And you don’t want to know what happened to the suitcase. I will take that secret to my grave..... 😉

Are are you packed and ready to go??

29 minutes ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

Thanks VT.  Enjoyed the ride. I’m sure you will be exhausted. When you get time, perhaps more comments on the ship itself, condition, etc, and comparison to the Edge.

Safe travels. Till next year 🌺

I will finish up the last couple of days once I have decent WiFi at home - it was action-packed. I would be sobbing right now if we weren’t going back. The whole vibe is so special!!🌈

I will also review the cabin, the ship and restaurants, Blu experience, etc. I also will compare M to E class a bit. I noticed things that bugged me about M Class after the Edge and things that I welcomed having on M Classs after the Edge. It was quite eye-opening. All in all, I’m glad we have choices and that there are different things to enjoy on each!🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Probably nothing in bloom because it snowed last night. 😦

And you don’t want to know what happened to the suitcase. I will take that secret to my grave..... 😉

Are are you packed and ready to go??

Oh dear. Will you hate me if I tell you you our cherry tree is blooming (we’re in the mid-Atlantic region)?

Oh, but I do😂 I wonder if it’s similar to what happened to my sister’s suitcase while we were in London. We had to hunt down a new one for her, of sufficient size that we thought we should name it (Wally) and roll that enormous thing through Bloomsbury to our b&b🤣 

Not packed, but the dining room table (protected with a vinyl tablecloth & old sheet) is covered with items to pack. My trip list is there too. The shoe herd is in the corner, awaiting the necessary culling😂 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Haha 1

Thanks for your great trip report.  I looked forward to it every day.  Do you think it's worth paying for Aqua on the FPC compared to the MDR?  In Blu, you can eat at any time so is dinner faster?  Probably no time for the Persian Gardens.

Vt...beginning to think you like this better than EDGE!

Enjoy  the sun fun and music!   🎸😎🎶

*********************:********************

Thanks  for sharing your latest adventures...Safe Travels!

What's up next?

2 hours ago, first mate said:

Thanks for your great trip report.  I looked forward to it every day.  Do you think it's worth paying for Aqua on the FPC compared to the MDR?  In Blu, you can eat at any time so is dinner faster?  Probably no time for the Persian Gardens.

It’s a good question. If we hadn’t gotten the suite for next year we probably would have stayed with AQ for the smaller dining venue, including breakfast. I’m going to write about our Blu experience - it wasn’t perfect. 

No, we didn’t make it to Persian Gardens. Just too much else to do!!😀

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hcat said:

Vt...beginning to think you like this better than EDGE!

Enjoy  the sun fun and music!   🎸😎🎶

*********************:********************

Thanks  for sharing your latest adventures...Safe Travels!

What's up next?

Thanks! Made it to LGA - waiting for BTV flight at 6:00. Are you up here or in FL?

Likely no cruises until January though always open for opportunities. 🙂

We like  to stay in VT in the summer and fall to tend to the garden and greenhouse. We are planning our trek to the Woodstock 50th on Aug 14-18 with SIL and BIL from New Zealand so excited about that! Quite a few people from the Flower Power Cruise were also planning to go. Will plan for a civilized Woodstock with B&B and hopefully no mud. 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

Really enjoyed this thread wish we would have booked it. Funny thing LSB experience was practicing in a small room next to 6th floor elevator on our cruise. 

Funny! Did you have the Newbies too? Both bands were excellent. They want to come back next year. Hope they will be able to.

I was disappointed to read on the FPC chat that a couple said the service in the MDR was terrible and they felt rushed. The waitstaff seem annoyed when asked for coffee with dessert.  They loved the entertainment and the staff from Star Vista.  But they will never sail on the Infinity again.  So I'm interested in reading your final thoughts.  I know you didn't eat in the MDR.  The writer said if the post was inappropriate they should take it down and they did.  (it was longer)   He is a travel agent with over 36 cruises and this was the least desirable of them all.  (oh my)  Having read that info, I still want to sail on the FPC.  I'll be there for the music and let the other stuff go.  Oh, also read that people were saving a whole row of seats in some venues and that didn't go over well with others.  It's always something! 

44 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks! Made it to LGA - waiting for BTV flight at 6:00. Are you up here or in FL?

Likely no cruises until January though always open for opportunities. 🙂

We like  to stay in VT in the summer and fall to tend to the garden and greenhouse. We are planning our trek to the Woodstock 50th on Aug 14-18 with SIL and BIL from New Zealand so excited about that! Quite a few people from the Flower Power Cruise were also planning to go. Will plan for a civilized Woodstock with B&B and hopefully no mud. 😀

We are in NY.. Spring is very  slowly evolving!  We have a plumbing issue to  resolve this yr  so our front lawn and plantings  may be quite  dug  up...just when it was all  perfect...ha ha!

Back to Fl in June for a bit.  Next xruise is EDGE ABC in Nov...then after that Summit May 2020..then APEX...

Looking forward to your full review..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, first mate said:

I was disappointed to read on the FPC chat that a couple said the service in the MDR was terrible and they felt rushed. The waitstaff seem annoyed when asked for coffee with dessert.  They loved the entertainment and the staff from Star Vista.  But they will never sail on the Infinity again.  So I'm interested in reading your final thoughts.  I know you didn't eat in the MDR.  The writer said if the post was inappropriate they should take it down and they did.  (it was longer)   He is a travel agent with over 36 cruises and this was the least desirable of them all.  (oh my)  Having read that info, I still want to sail on the FPC.  I'll be there for the music and let the other stuff go.  Oh, also read that people were saving a whole row of seats in some venues and that didn't go over well with others.  It's always something! 

I think the MDR is luck of the draw for service. One bad incident can sour you. I did not hear anything like that from people we talked to, but most had been on these before. I imagine it is stressful for the staff  since it is a different set up (getting 1000 people at once instead of having many diners doing select dining as on a regular cruise). We were in Blu until after 10 some nights and they always offered us coffee. My favorite person, Jenifer,  has to stay until the last guest leaves Blu and then she had to be at Cafe al Bacio at 6:30 AM. It made for a long day. 

We had some issues in Blu but also had so much fun in there that we were able to get past it. If this were a regular cruise, I would be less forgiving but we got our money’s worth with the entertainment. We loved Sushi on 5 and Le Petit Chef and had some good food in the buffet (and had some very good meals in Blu). 

The chair saving is always an issue. They do have a rule in the theater that you can only save one seat. We didn’t see any issues but we arrived at 6:00 (for 6:30 show) so sat in the middle - not sure what the first row people did. Life is too short to stand in line for an hour to be in the front row. We always got good seats. For Cheech and Chong, we were in the 5th row, I think (people must have been worried they would be picked on in the front row).

If things were horrible I don’t think the majority would come back year after year, so let’s hope those incidents are the exceptions.😊

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1