Cruise Critic Community
capegirl

Single Cabins Query

I don't know of any high-end cruise ships/lines with single cabins. Most are going to charge you 200% single supplement rate; Crystal sometimes has lower single supplement rates (from 120-150%) on some cruises.

Have you considered a river cruise? Many of the high end river cruise lines have single cabins, although few in number.

18 hours ago, Splinter said:

Crystal sometimes has lower single supplement rates (from 120-150%) on some cruises.

Crystal always has lower single supplement rates, except on extraordinary cruises like the Northwest Passage.  Generally, the single supplement for a window cabin is about 30% and increases to 100% by the time you reach a penthouse. 

Not a luxury line like Crytsal, but all Cunard ships now have single cabins.  Some on the QM2 are gorgeous. These are in the Britannia class, not the Grills.  

Cunard ships have a certain refinement - and having traveled solo on both the QM2 and the Queen Elizabeth, I've never been disappointed. (Have 2 more Cunard cruises booked this year).

I have sailed with Silversea twice and they sometimes offer lower SS on various sailings.

And I definitely agree with the RIVER CRUISE suggestion.  Actually, I just booked a River Cruise with UNIWORLD and the ss is totally waived.:classic_biggrin:  Many of the River Cruise companies offer cabins without any single supplements.

I read that the new Saga ship, to be launched this summer, has 81 single balcony cabins... but you have to be 50+ to go on their ships.

On 4/2/2019 at 12:15 AM, Brindlebury said:

Not a luxury line like Crytsal, but all Cunard ships now have single cabins.  Some on the QM2 are gorgeous. These are in the Britannia class, not the Grills.  

Cunard ships have a certain refinement - and having traveled solo on both the QM2 and the Queen Elizabeth, I've never been disappointed. (Have 2 more Cunard cruises booked this year).

How do you find the Cunard single cabins. So far, all I see  are high single supplements on Conard.