Cruise Critic Community
AFJB

Icy Strait Point Treetop Adventure Park?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has visited the Treetop Adventure Park at Icy Strait Point and can share their experience. I have read many reviews about the Ziprider, but my kids (5 and 8 years old) are too small for that one.  Any information/opinions would be appreciated!

We did whale watching in Icy Strait Point, and saw lots of whales and other wild life.   

Posted (edited)

The tree top adventure is not quite complete as of yet. I've seen the progress and it is quite the collection of climbs, cable walks of many kinds, somewhat a elevated (8-10' and higher) playground type adventures between trees. It is right in the middle of the (original) nature trail and looks to be fun - I don't know.......  (although I would say above the skills of 5-8 year olds I'm afraid but that's just my opinion). 

*You can see one of the platforms in the photo.

nature trail.jpg

Edited by Sea-level
added photo

On 4/2/2019 at 12:33 AM, Sea-level said:

The tree top adventure is not quite complete as of yet. I've seen the progress and it is quite the collection of climbs, cable walks of many kinds, somewhat a elevated (8-10' and higher) playground type adventures between trees. It is right in the middle of the (original) nature trail and looks to be fun - I don't know.......  (although I would say above the skills of 5-8 year olds I'm afraid but that's just my opinion). 

*You can see one of the platforms in the photo.

nature trail.jpg

Thank you for letting me know - I was wondering why I couldn’t find a single review 🤔.  The description sounds pretty neat; they actually describe a separate section for 4-6 year olds which looks really cute.  Oh well!

On 3/31/2019 at 5:46 PM, RSLeesburg said:

We did whale watching in Icy Strait Point, and saw lots of whales and other wild life.   

Thanks!  We were looking or something other than whale watching as we were originally hoping to do whale watching in Juneau. However, we will change our plans to whale watch in ISP and will choose another activity in Juneau. 

In Juneau we did the helicopter tour with dog sledding on the glacier.  Expensive, but an awesome time, and our son was 8 and loved it.  We could not get him off the back of the sled.

367D18BB-E771-40F5-8856-4D4700983119.jpeg

On 4/8/2019 at 4:43 AM, AFJB said:

Thank you for letting me know - I was wondering why I couldn’t find a single review 🤔.  The description sounds pretty neat; they actually describe a separate section for 4-6 year olds which looks really cute.  Oh well!

Yes, 

*Now I wish I could edit my post above to remove the bad info I gave you.

You are right on your original post - there are separate sections for different age groups and I think they can accommodate your young ones. Shoot,  I didn't mean to implied that it was "one" package as it is quite spread out with different challenges. Looks like a lot of fun. 

Posted (edited)

Looking for more info on the tree top park. I have a 5 yr old and am wondering if I can leave her in the chickpea course for 4-6 year olds and go do an adult course at the same time or do I need to stay with her and supervise?

How is the course for older kids and adults? 

It seems like this is a self-guided activity, you need to be outfitted/instructed but otherwise do it on your own, correct? can we do this in the afternoon? all websites and cruise ship show 1 pm as the latest activity time. Our ship is in port till 8 pm, so could I purchase this excursion and show up at 2-3 pm? we have plenty of time in the afternoon it seems.  we are doing whale cruise at 10:30 am  and would like to have lunch before going to tree top, but will not be able to get there by 1 pm tour time... 

Thank you!

Edited by NyurkaSF

We walked down the trails, and I will say it is far and away the largest ropes course I have ever seen.  There seem to be a variety of options there, and my granddaughter and I saw younger children in some areas.  

We walked through the trail that had the course. It looked really fun and saw some people on the course! There were lower courses and higher courses. If it had not been raining the day we were in port, I think it would be a fun option. I don't know anything about the age levels though.

Does anyone know the price for treetop once in port? cruise line offers it for $111 which is supposedly a 20% off. I would rather decide on the spot based on our other activities and timing.