Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
jljlinda

Looking For NCL's Famous Bartender

Recommended Posts

We will be boarding the Bliss out of L.A. on Apr 21, 2019.  Does anyone know if bartender, Clarense Bennett (AKA Chocolate Cowboy) will be on board for our sailing?  We met him in July 2016 on the Escape and he was such a wonderful gentleman.  We have heard rumors that he will be returning to the Bliss soon (if not already.)  Looking forward to an update on Mr. Bennett's present assignment.  Thanks in advance!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was on the Bliss last November as was at the mojito bar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brer111 said:

He was on the Bliss last November as was at the mojito bar

Three weeks ago, we were docked in St Thomas next to the Bliss and I had the opportunity to ask a guest sailing on the Bliss whether or not Clarense was on board then.  She certainly knew about Mr. Bennett but seemed sad to report that he was not on their sailing.  She did say however that it was rumored on board that he would be returning to the Bliss soon. Thanks for your reply, brer111.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jljlinda said:

We will be boarding the Bliss out of L.A. on Apr 21, 2019.  Does anyone know if bartender, Clarense Bennett (AKA Chocolate Cowboy) will be on board for our sailing?  We met him in July 2016 on the Escape and he was such a wonderful gentleman.  We have heard rumors that he will be returning to the Bliss soon (if not already.)  Looking forward to an update on Mr. Bennett's present assignment.  Thanks in advance!  

He is at home right now on vacation.  He will be going back to the Bliss then going to the opening team of the Encore. 

 

Kerry 

I can’t remember when he said he was back on board, I’m sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Meekofigaro said:

He is at home right now on vacation.  He will be going back to the Bliss then going to the opening team of the Encore. 

 

Kerry 

I can’t remember when he said he was back on board, I’m sorry!

Thanks for the good news, Kerry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

He should have boarded this past Saturday-- 30 March.

Wonderful news, www3traveler!!  Maybe someone presently on board will let us know if Clarense is back on board now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that we have located Mr. Bennett. Does anyone know what ship Bong is currently on? He was our favorite bartender working at the Sugarcane bar on the Escape. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, aceoutwide120 said:

Now that we have located Mr. Bennett. Does anyone know what ship Bong is currently on? He was our favorite bartender working at the Sugarcane bar on the Escape. 

He was on the Bliss in January, Waterfront Bar outside Mojito Bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, aceoutwide120 said:

Now that we have located Mr. Bennett. Does anyone know what ship Bong is currently on? He was our favorite bartender working at the Sugarcane bar on the Escape. 

Bong is currently on The Bliss.  He will be going to Germany late Summer to open The Encore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be interested in knowing what ship Ramos is on.  He was our Vibe bartender a few years back on the Getaway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Bong the bartender that flips the cocktail napkins with the back of his hand?  If so, loved him at the Mojito Bar on the Escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, aeroo777 said:

Is Bong the bartender that flips the cocktail napkins with the back of his hand?  If so, loved him at the Mojito Bar on the Escape.

YES, Bong does all kinds of tricks and entertains his crowd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, he has been our all time favorite bartender. Very entertaining. We will be on the Joy for the May 11th Alaska sailing. We were hoping he would move to the Joy for its repositioning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aceoutwide120 said:

Yes, he has been our all time favorite bartender. Very entertaining. We will be on the Joy for the May 11th Alaska sailing. We were hoping he would move to the Joy for its repositioning.

From what he says said, Bong will be part of the Opening Team for The Encore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know where Jomar is? I miss his "baby trees" in the mojito bar on Gem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard of him. What is he famous for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GINNY L said:

Anybody know what Bong's real name is?

Not sure of last name but Jonathon is first name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slugg said:

Never heard of him. What is he famous for?

Bong (Jonathon) makes a great Mojito, plus he keeps his customers entertained with tricks/jokes. He will pick on people, all in good fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GINNY L said:

Is Bong/Jonathan

only in the Haven?

 

I have never known him to be in the Haven.  He is famous for Sugarcane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...