Oasis incident at Freeport Shipyard

8 minutes ago, ezelaya said:

So what if I always get a suite? What's the point in posting "poor me" other than jealousy or some other personal reason. I am merely commenting that there is no guarantee that the free cruise will really be free 

Well it's a good thing Royal isn't saying they are giving you a free cruise then. They are saying a Future Cruise Credit worth 100% of what you paid. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, ezelaya said:

It was one of them 🙂 I didnt remember which. Thanks for the clarification. 

You have posted so many inaccurate facts here today and now you are unhappy about a full refund and 100 percent credit of what you paid towards a future cruise. I can understand why there are others calling you out. Using foul names to respond to others is also rude..

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dry Dock Dave said:

The big dock in Cadiz is currently occupied with Carnival Triumph’s major refit / renaming works to become Sunrise, not scheduled to leave until the 15th for preliminary sea trials and may well have booked the dock longer incase sea trials reveal issues.

So the delay may be the dock availability rather than the time needed to get there 

Always the possibility that underwater repairs are completed, and they will flood the dock early and take Triumph/Sunrise to a layberth to complete things.  If underwater work is completed, and she is just laying in the dock because there was no demand for the dock, they could push her out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ezelaya said:

We have already looked at upcoming similiar cruises and the price is already double what we paid for April 7ths cruise. 

As hard as it would be to wait, hopefully something months out is more inline so you can come out ahead!

14 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Okay, another crew question.

What will happen to the non essential crew that work the Oasis, ie housekeeping, lifeguards, bar servers..........

Will they go on board for the TA for repairs so when she is ready to sail, they're there?

Will it be safe to be on board.  (That's a rhetorical question, I am sure know one knows at this time.

Oh my

Just overwhelmed and feel so heart broken for those missing their cruises.

If the TA is non-revenue, there will be sub-contractors onboard to make repairs while underway, and the crew will need to feed and house them, and do the cleaning of the work areas, as they always do during shipyards.

Will it be safe to be onboard?  If there is anything that affects the safety of the vessel, the class surveyor will not allow the ship to sail by pulling its certificate of class (think of this as your state's automobile safety sticker).  Without a certificate of class, no ship is allowed to enter any port.

34 minutes ago, ezelaya said:

I think the refund and other accommodations are great, but when I think about it, it may not end up being the same value. Symphone is replacing Oasis in Port Canaveral. We booked a owners suite for April 7th as we always do. With Symphone being a bigger ship, our 100% value free cruise from Oasis may not be the same price on Symphony for an owners suite. 

I'm pretty sure the refund is a must but nothing beyond that, they can cancel a cruise at anytime with no additional compensation.  The additional 100% is a good will gesture.  Should you not like this good will gesture, then simply don't accept it and do something else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Grumpus said:

I'm pretty sure the refund is a must but nothing beyond that, they can cancel a cruise at anytime with no additional compensation.  The additional 100% is a good will gesture.  Should you not like this good will gesture, then simply don't accept it and do something else.

Agree. Some people feel entitled and nothing can be done to please them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Grumpus said:

I am content with the refund. I'm merely pointing out that it's not exactly the same as what Oasis would have been. I'm by no means complaining. This is a thread with non verbal communication, so don't read into my posts more than they should be. 

9 minutes ago, Sparky2019 said:

I was suppose to continue the cruise on may 5 in Barcelona. Do I get a refund for that one or am I on the hook to get over there another way???

We have the same dilemma. Do we go ahead and try to book something to get over there only to have Royal decide to cancel that cruise too?    Not sure I want to fly over for a 7 day cruise and we cannot try to book something after it as we have other plans that cannot be changed. I did a quick search to see if I could find something before but nothing popped up that would work. 

Sherri🙂

13 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

As hard as it would be to wait, hopefully something months out is more inline so you can come out ahead!

I will survive. We are looking at June/July. I am perfectly fine downgrading my class of room to a Jr. Or Balcony to take advantage of the FCC. 

17 minutes ago, Sparky2019 said:

I was suppose to continue the cruise on may 5 in Barcelona. Do I get a refund for that one or am I on the hook to get over there another way???

At this point in time, you have to get yourself over there another way. We are in the same boat. But my WAG is May 5 will be cancelled shortly. 

2 minutes ago, ezelaya said:

I will survive. We are looking at June/July. I am perfectly fine downgrading my class of room to a Jr. Or Balcony to take advantage of the FCC. 

Good. I can sleep better tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ezelaya said:

I am content with the refund. I'm merely pointing out that it's not exactly the same as what Oasis would have been. I'm by no means complaining. This is a thread with non verbal communication, so don't read into my posts more than they should be. 

Well Symphony is almost a decade newer and has different features, so you aren't trying to book the exact same thing anyway. You are literally pointing out that you can't book a room on a 1 year old ship for the same price as a 10 year old ship. I'm not sure why you'd think you should be able to. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

Well Symphony is almost a decade newer and has different features, so you aren't trying to book the exact same thing anyway. You are literally pointing out that you can't book a room on a 1 year old ship for the same price as a 10 year old ship. I'm not sure why you'd think you should be able to. 

I wasn't looking at only Symphony. But thanks for the clarification

26 minutes ago, Sparky2019 said:

According to Twitter, those on B2B are eligible for a full refund of the May 5th sailing. 

8CCB98B3-6AD1-43C6-85FB-A6C6805EE3DB.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

haha!

Its' okay to make jokes now, right?

I thought the crane slipped on dog urine. 😉

59 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Well not going to jump the gun.....but there has always been some discussion that these Oasis class ships have to go back across the pond for dry-docks....looks like now there worst nightmare may have come to fruition....what happens if they need extensive repair to get across the pond???

Agreed 100%.

33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It does if it has to be towed or only has partial power 

That is a wait and see. 

24 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Rumor has it the Pins are being given an offer to bump suite guest off the Symphony at no additional charge. 😂

I kid, I kid.....

Classic Triumph insult comic dog line.... “I kid. I kid”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2