Oasis incident at Freeport Shipyard

59 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Sorry, proprietary to ABB.  You might sell it to Rolls Royce to help them with their Mermaid pods.

Dang, I thought it would be a great mantle piece.

8 hours ago, zerallamvuut said:

has anyone on the Oasis originally sailing Apr 7 (or the other two sailings) received any refunds yet?

I was told refunds would come Apr 8 but I have not seen anything.

All refunds have been sent. It's up to your bank when they post to your account. I received mine 2 days ago.

No way I would let not having the Aquatheater open ruin my vacation. Tons more to do on the ship. I would much rather cruise without aquatheater than have it canceled because the aquatheater was not 100% ready yet. 

• Like 3

Looking at the port-heavy schedule (along with extended travel times to Florence/Rome/Capri etc), I doubt we will even notice if the AquaTheater is open or closed. (Though I am saddened RCL stopped the Belly-Flop contests.  Is nothing sacred?)

1 minute ago, jdjaguar said:

Looking at the port-heavy schedule (along with extended travel times to Florence/Rome/Capri etc), I doubt we will even notice if the AquaTheater is open or closed. (Though I am saddened RCL stopped the Belly-Flop contests.  Is nothing sacred?)

I don't think they stopped doing them, just moved to a different pool

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fsjosh said:

Most likely they will do rolling notifications. Why notify people 2 months out of something that may be resolved in a couple weeks? Each week we will probably see a new round of notifications until its fixed. 

Well, none of these are 2 months out...

That said, you might be right.  I'll just keep checking the ole mailbox.  Personally, I'm not losing any sleep over this.  If RCI can't get this squared by 5/26 then I'd be surprised.  

10 minutes ago, jdjaguar said:

We were on Enchantment last week and they only managed to get three competitors. The whole thing was over in ten minutes.

Edited by orville99

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I don't think that is an option because it is the muster station for hundreds of guests.  It isn't so easy as to say just go muster somewhere else.   Changing four muster station locations for several hundred guests is not insignificant.  

The  cruise line has changed the muster station for those in the aqua theater in the past due to thunderstorms, so it can be done.  They have crew with signs labeled G1, G2, G3 and G4 standing in the new areas and other crew members standing at the entrance of the Boardwalk directing people to the correct area and the crew members who are scanning sea passes.  One group meets in the photo area on deck 6, one in the Schooner Bar, and the two other groups meet in the covered area of the Boardwalk on either side of the unfinished carousel horses prior to the Carousel itself.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I much preferred the Aquatheatre.  Hard to get a spot that you can see very well up by the pool.  At the Aquatheatre everyone had a great view.  

Agreed, also that they have seats - I can't stand as long as I want to anymore while my knee is still healing so if a seat isn't available, and often at the pool deck if you sit you can't see, I'm not as interested.

56 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The bellyflop contest hast been held in the aquatheatre in over a year.  There were safety concerns aS there are cubbyholes that the scuba divers use to provide support for the aqua show.  The fear is that someone could get disoriented and get stuck in there.  

The bellyflop competitions are held held at one of the pools.  

Thanks! I last cruised Oasis exactly a year ago this month. It's possible I might have skipped the belly-flop contest.

49 minutes ago, jdjaguar said:

It is still sacred.  On Allure, Harmony and Symphony it has been relocated to the port side pool on deck 15 were they play volleyball.  All is good in the world. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

All refunds have been sent. It's up to your bank when they post to your account. I received mine 2 days ago.

No they haven`t, I was told by April 12th.

Just missing the beverage package refund.

Have received the rest.

Okay a little off topic, but just thinking positively about our May 12 cruise. Does anyone have any idea how much we should expect to pay for transportation from the port to the hotel in Barcelona or the best mode of transportation?  Also, from an airport hotel to the port? Thank you for the info info advance:)

1 minute ago, ptf2009 said:

Okay a little off topic, but just thinking positively about our May 12 cruise. Does anyone have any idea how much we should expect to pay for transportation from the port to the hotel in Barcelona or the best mode of transportation?  Also, from an airport hotel to the port? Thank you for the info info advance:)

Taxi is the typical mode of transport.

Port to the hotel depends on the location of the hotel.

Airport to the port is a flat rate of 39 Euros.

4 hours ago, Pratique said:

We have the technology!

Royal certainly does - they have a virtual fireworks display on some ships (Quantum class, VERY impressive use of the Two70 theater).  I can just imagine them using that wall for a Yule Log display during the winter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Agreed taxi is typical. You can research rates online. I think there is a surcharge for    pickup at the port. Should be under 25 euros within the city is my recollection.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It is still sacred.  On Allure, Harmony and Symphony it has been relocated to the port side pool on deck 15 were they play volleyball.  All is good in the world. 😉

It's easier in the pools for the CD to slowly spin in a circle while pointing to the crowd and saying "3,3,3,3,4,4,3,2,3,3,4,4,4,3,3,3,1...sir, that's the wrong finger (deep breath)...3,3,2,2,3,4,3,4,4,4,5...thank you mom...4,4,3,3,3,..."

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's easier in the pools for the CD to slowly spin in a circle while pointing to the crowd and saying "3,3,3,3,4,4,3,2,3,3,4,4,4,3,3,3,1...sir, that's the wrong finger (deep breath)...3,3,2,2,3,4,3,4,4,4,5...thank you mom...4,4,3,3,3,..."

Exactly. 

And in the Aqua theater they often called out the rich folks in the STAR suites. 😉

3 hours ago, Hootss said:

Well, none of these are 2 months out...

That said, you might be right.  I'll just keep checking the ole mailbox.  Personally, I'm not losing any sleep over this.  If RCI can't get this squared by 5/26 then I'd be surprised.  

The only thing I see that could possibly not be fixed by then would be the TV's and aquatheater elevator. And thats only if they are one off's and have to be custom built. Even then, there are probably workarounds that would let them do some sort of show. 

1 hour ago, ptf2009 said:

Actually entirely off topic, considering Roll Call and other dozens of threads that deal with such information... 🙊

1 hour ago, ptf2009 said:

Hi, I emailed my hotel for options to the port , as well as wanted to know about transportation from airport to my hotel. I fly in a day earlier than my daughter. I located Suntransfers through Trip Advisor and they were very prompt, and have great reviews

• Thanks 1