Oasis incident at Freeport Shipyard

1 hour ago, robtulipe said:

Oasis is going to Barcelona for a May 5th embarkation.

Harmony is sailing out of Port Canaveral until at least the end of next year and Allure out of Port Everglades until the latter's TA next March. In October of 2020 it is scheduled to sail out of Miami.

We're sailing on Harmony out of Port Canaveral in April 2021, and that's as far out as schedules have been released by RCL. What happens after that is anyone's guess, but we wouldn't mind having her replaced by Symphony:classic_smile:

Someone posted some photos from on board now on the ship.  I’m sure they won’t mind me posting...  thanks to Ginger mentioned bottom left.

only slightly curious that the starboard side screen that was replaced, doesn’t seem to be on?

D21E33BF-08C8-49B4-9D50-0D1616597F38.jpeg

BAD52A99-4422-4F56-9436-BE7EA101EF6E.jpeg

Edited by rattla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

No projector can present that bright an image in sunlight. 

ok, so they won't work in bright sunlight.  most aqua shows were at night.  it could have been the best available option

Edited by ipeeinthepool

the right and left screens look different.  the one on the starboard side(more heavily damaged by the crane is nothing more than a screen.  the port sir screen looks different, maybe a screen in front of the old LCD display.  If it isn't an entire screen then it must be something the cobbled up to block the damaged part of the LCD and only use a smaller LCD screen. We'll need to get some on-board reports.

14 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

the right and left screens look different.  the one on the starboard side(more heavily damaged by the crane is nothing more than a screen.  the port sir screen looks different, maybe a screen in front of the old LCD display.  If it isn't an entire screen then it must be something the cobbled up to block the damaged part of the LCD and only use a smaller LCD screen. We'll need to get some on-board reports.

It appears the port side screen is the same as the starboard...but the port one might just have the display in front of a backdrop screen...that's what it looks like in the photo anyway. Having the backdrop makes sense to avoid sunlight heat on a display.

The starboard display install still might be "pending".

In any case...the displays are different setups than the originals...the photos below show the originals in March 2018.

031918 Caribbean Cruise_Sea Day 1S.jpg

032118 Caribbean Cruise_Falmouth Jamaica 2H.jpg

031918 Caribbean Cruise_Sea Day 1P.jpg

031918 Caribbean Cruise_Sea Day 3C.jpg

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

19 hours ago, orville99 said:

We're sailing on Harmony out of Port Canaveral in April 2021, and that's as far out as schedules have been released by RCL. What happens after that is anyone's guess, but we wouldn't mind having her replaced by Symphony:classic_smile:

Harmony will be due for her first drydock in the spring of 2021.  Expect her to travel to Europe and for her April schedule to me modified just they did with Allure  and Oasis.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Harmony will be due for her first drydock in the spring of 2021.  Expect her to travel to Europe and for her April schedule to me modified just they did with Allure  and Oasis.

That may well happen, but currently she is open for bookings out of PC until the end of April (4/25/21 Eastern to St Thomas and St. Kitts).

The screens are modular. The port side screen looked in earlier pictures like the right hand row of panels had been removed. The picture above backs that up. They have just resized the video to use just the undamaged panels and they have put a filler panel in the spots the missing panels were removed. The starboard side appears to be all filler and no screen. They got the framework up, but did not get any screens in. As the previous screens required no projection, the ship isn't equipped to do projection.

Edited by fsjosh

49 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That may well happen, but currently she is open for bookings out of PC until the end of April (4/25/21 Eastern to St Thomas and St. Kitts).

Yep, just like they were for Allure and Oasis.  Just giving you a heads up that you plans may need to be changed. (Depending of course when in April you are sailing)

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm okay with that, bring on more Oasis class transatlantics!  

1 hour ago, fsjosh said:

The screens are modular. The port side screen looked in earlier pictures like the right hand row of panels had been removed. The picture above backs that up. They have just resized the video to use just the undamaged panels and they have put a filler panel in the spots the missing panels were removed. The starboard side appears to be all filler and no screen. They got the framework up, but did not get any screens in. As the previous screens required no projection, the ship isn't equipped to do projection.

I think you are right there... hope they do it get it sorted before the dry dock in September as the starboard screen is the one we can see from out balcony 😂 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Reynolds13 said:

There is no screen whatsoever. Only metal paneling.

Makes sense.  The metal housing and structure is relatively for a ship yard to fabricate.  The electronics and the display technology is not something you can run down to a local retailer and buy on the spot.  They likely had to order it on a custom basis and it will be installed in the coming months.

So one screen missing and the other a little smaller than it was before, not ideal but better than nothing I guess. 

Its back in service which is the main thing will have to see what display they end up putting on in the Aqua theatre. 

Wanted to post on the thread before it dissappears in the back. Was nerve wracking a month ago but our June cruise is happening. Sooo happy. Still feel bad for thise  missing the TA and other sailings. As a new cruiser I sure learned a lot here. 

16 hours ago, Reynolds13 said:

A7BA8FC8-221B-4CD3-BE38-5E7D11859037.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures, if you get a chance can you get a couple of pictures of the balconies that were replaced.  I was still wondering about the splice on the balcony on the starboard side and if they did the same thing on the port side balconies.