Cruise Critic Community
thesmiths

Horizon/Vista 6469 or 7459

We were on the Vista last May and stayed in 7459 Aft Wrap.

Going on the Horizon next ( Loved the Southern Cruise ABC) and booked again 7459.

I see 6469 Aft Wrap is available on the Horizon and was thinking of switching.

Anybody stayed in both and which was your preference?

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Going on the Horizon next ( Loved the Southern Cruise ABC) and booked again 7459.

Thank you!

Have not stayed in either , but it's a slam dunk to choose 6469.  Number one reason is because it's a wider cabin with a much longer balcony.  On deck 6, there are only 6 aft facing cabins between the two corner afts.  Up on deck 7, there are 8 aft facing cabins between the two corner afts.  So that means you lose an entire regular cabin's worth of balcony space in each of the corner afts.  Switch it ASAP.

Edited by SNJCruisers

I looked at videos and picked 6469 (or 6474) since it has a couch and looked a little bit bigger, more floor space. avoid deck 8 wrap because it looks bad. 

Not to mention 1 less flight up and down the stairs to get to the pool and bar

You should also consider that on deck 6 you are right above the Havana Bar and  Havana pool is right out your balcony. Not sure of the noise you may encounter. I prefer decks that are sandwiched between those with cabins to avoid that crowd noise, especially late at night..

There could be some noise, but, we stayed in the very first Havana cabana room port side on 5 (I realize it is a little different as it on the same floor) and heard zero noise, which leads me to believe that above (and in the corner, not where the music is) would not have a problem either.  Aft wraps are one of my fav rooms and have stayed in them a lot (9 or 10 I think, without confirming) and never had an issue with noise.  Oh, I believe the Havana music stops around 11, but if I wrong I am sure one of my friends here will correct me.

Edited by jimbo5544

On 4/2/2019 at 7:02 AM, thesmiths said:

Thank you!

What's more important to you,,,,privacy or space! Privacy=deck 7, Space =deck 6! We did deck 6, didn't like it, we'd opt for the additional privacy on deck 7!

18 hours ago, AmBear said:

What's more important to you,,,,privacy or space! Privacy=deck 7, Space =deck 6! We did deck 6, didn't like it, we'd opt for the additional privacy on deck 7!

Curious as to what additional privacy the 7th floor offers.

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Curious as to what additional privacy the 7th floor offers.

The 7th deck is 1 deck higher, making it more difficult to see into your balcony from below! The 6th deck balconies are exposed from the 5th deck that sticks out further! I'd suggest you look at pics of the ship, you'll see what I mean by the 5th deck sticking out farther then decks above! 

To some this doesn't matter! We wouldn't take a 6th deck balcony again for this reason!

1 minute ago, AmBear said:

The 7th deck is 1 deck higher, making it more difficult to see into your balcony from below! The 6th deck balconies are exposed from the 5th deck that sticks out further! I'd suggest you look at pics of the ship, you'll see what I mean by the 5th deck sticking out farther then decks above! 

To some this doesn't matter! We wouldn't take a 6th deck balcony again for this reason!

I have been on 8 Dream class cruises 4 in 6th floor aft wraps and 4 in 7th floor ocean suites.  The distance is 15 ft more, certainly no more private, if you think it offers more, good for you, but the facts dictate differently.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have been on 8 Dream class cruises 4 in 6th floor aft wraps and 4 in 7th floor ocean suites.  The distance is 15 ft more, certainly no more private, if you think it offers more, good for you, but the facts dictate differently.

Your facts aside,, good for you in how you think, but I'll decide for us thank you!

3 hours ago, AmBear said:

Your facts aside,, good for you in how you think, but I'll decide for us thank you!

LOL, just this once I will let you.😁

On 4/3/2019 at 6:23 AM, thesmiths said:

Thank You All.

So, are you staying where you are, or moving one deck below with the much larger balcony, possibly larger cabin and supposedly less privacy?

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

So, are you staying where you are, or moving one deck below with the much larger balcony, possibly larger cabin and supposedly less privacy?

If My PVP would call me back I will be moving on down to 6.

We won't know until we try it.

We plan to do an 8 day every May in the Havana Area , if we don't like 6 we'll just move back up to to 7459.

40 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

If My PVP would call me back I will be moving on down to 6.

We won't know until we try it.

We plan to do an 8 day every May in the Havana Area , if we don't like 6 we'll just move back up to to 7459.

Let us know how it all works out and if you move, how you liked it.

14 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Let us know how it all works out and if you move, how you liked it.

Will do!