Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
lovetocruise/diamond

Coastal Kitchen and Junior Suites?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Harmony is soon to be the new Oasis this fall.

And in my opinion, SL/CK likely to be more crowded than Oasis was as the DL is similar to an inside cabin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And in my opinion, SL/CK likely to be more crowded than Oasis was as the DL is similar to an inside cabin. 

 

But the people who booked a suite and spent their hard earned money should just get over it if it impacts their cruise since it only happens a few times a year.  You only blew several thousand dollars so no biggie if a bunch of a people who didn't pay for a suite get priority over you.  Better luck next time!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And in my opinion, SL/CK likely to be more crowded than Oasis was as the DL is similar to an inside cabin. 

 

I doubt it, Harmony has a bigger SL/CK.

Don't see the alternate DL impacting the NSPP's that much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JS access may vary by cruise based on the number of eligible guests. Last year on Allure in a JS we were only allowed to make reservations the day of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am in a JS on the Anthem next February.  While Coastal Kitchen is listed in the cruise planner, when I click "add to cart" and then click on our names to select guests and then click "next," I get the following message:

 

SELECTION NOT AVAILABLE

We're sorry, this restaurant is not available during this meal time or one or more of your selected guests do not meet the minimum requirements. Please check onboard.

Edited by KelJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Harmony is soon to be the new Oasis this fall.

Since the recognize your name in CK maybe you can answer my question.  How difficult will it be for me to book reservations for party of 10 in CK?  Eight of us in GS's and 2 in JS.  We will be on Harmony sailing Nov. 17, 2019.

 

Hope you had an awesome TA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KelJ said:

I am in a JS on the Anthem next February.  While Coastal Kitchen is listed in the cruise planner, when I click "add to cart" and then click on our names to select guests and then click "next," I get the following message:

 

SELECTION NOT AVAILABLE

We're sorry, this restaurant is not available during this meal time or one or more of your selected guests do not meet the minimum requirements. Please check onboard.

 

I get this message too, and I am in an Owner's Suite on Allure in July, so I think it's just a Royal Caribbean issue, and maybe not all ships can book ahead the Coastal Kitchen.  If I recall correctly, the last time I was on Allure I don't think I was able to pre-book either, and I was in a Crown Loft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robyn206 said:

 

I get this message too, and I am in an Owner's Suite on Allure in July, so I think it's just a Royal Caribbean issue, and maybe not all ships can book ahead the Coastal Kitchen.  If I recall correctly, the last time I was on Allure I don't think I was able to pre-book either, and I was in a Crown Loft.

 

1 hour ago, robyn206 said:

 

I get this message too, and I am in an Owner's Suite on Allure in July, so I think it's just a Royal Caribbean issue, and maybe not all ships can book ahead the Coastal Kitchen.  If I recall correctly, the last time I was on Allure I don't think I was able to pre-book either, and I was in a Crown Loft.

 

We are presently on the Allure sailing in a Crown Loft. Booked the Coastal Kitchen dining through the Concierge when we returned their Welcome e-mail the Monday before we sailed.

 

We are also sailing on the Allure 7-21-19 in an Owners Suite on deck 14. Booked about a month ago when they were on sale for less than a Grand Suite. See you on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KelJ said:

I am in a JS on the Anthem next February.  While Coastal Kitchen is listed in the cruise planner, when I click "add to cart" and then click on our names to select guests and then click "next," I get the following message:

 

SELECTION NOT AVAILABLE

We're sorry, this restaurant is not available during this meal time or one or more of your selected guests do not meet the minimum requirements. Please check onboard.

 

We were in a JS on Anthem this past January and were never able to book Coastal Kitchen through our cruise planner.  Others said they were able to on prior sailings, but we were not able to on ours.  We went to the podium outside CK once they opened and we were able to book reservations for the whole week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just off Anthem last month in JS. Download the Royal IQ app before boarding. As soon as you board go to dining in app and book your evenings for Costal Kitchen. You can always cancel. We needed early seating as my 3 yr old grandson was in our party and the early seatings were all filled except for one  day. I booked a few hours after boarding. There was late seating available most days. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it somewhat amusing that such a big fuss is made over dining in Coastal Kitchen. I remember being on the maiden voyage of Quantum out of Bayonne when  Coastal Kitchen was one of the complimentary restaurants and eating there then and on other sailings.  It was often fairly deserted.  The same was true with Anthem's maiden out of Bayonne. Times have changed (though the menu not so much so)  lol

It seems that upon it no longer being available to the general masses and being deemed "exclusive, " the race to secure reservations became a requirement.  I will be sailing on Anthem in January and am curious to see what, if anything, has changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaritimeR&R said:

I find it somewhat amusing that such a big fuss is made over dining in Coastal Kitchen. I remember being on the maiden voyage of Quantum out of Bayonne when  Coastal Kitchen was one of the complimentary restaurants and eating there then and on other sailings.  It was often fairly deserted.  The same was true with Anthem's maiden out of Bayonne. Times have changed (though the menu not so much so)  lol

It seems that upon it no longer being available to the general masses and being deemed "exclusive, " the race to secure reservations became a requirement.  I will be sailing on Anthem in January and am curious to see what, if anything, has changed.

 

First off, the menu has totally changed since those early days of Quantum. And not in a good way. 😉

 

Secondly,  it's my understanding that CK had always been for JS and above. It was designed that way.  

 

In my opinion, Royal never intended folks to eat every meal there. It was an alternate venue created in conjunction with Dynamic Dining.

 

Were you on a press or Travel Agent sailing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

NSPP’s ??

Not my term but it stands for Non Suite Paying Pinnacles. On Oasis Class, with SL/CK, both Full Suites and Pinnacles have access. Matters not what cabin type a Pinnacle occupies. 

 

I know many P’s who commonly stay in JS and above. NSPP doesn’t apply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, STANMELB said:

 

 

We are presently on the Allure sailing in a Crown Loft. Booked the Coastal Kitchen dining through the Concierge when we returned their Welcome e-mail the Monday before we sailed.

 

We are also sailing on the Allure 7-21-19 in an Owners Suite on deck 14. Booked about a month ago when they were on sale for less than a Grand Suite. See you on board.

 

Booked the Owner's Suite as well with that sale, it was a no-brainer.  We are also on deck 14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, robyn206 said:

 

Booked the Owner's Suite as well with that sale, it was a no-brainer.  We are also on deck 14.

We are in 14640. Had the same cabin last year on the Oasis in March. While this is a good price for July. Only paid $3300 for the 2 of us last March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

First off, the menu has totally changed since those early days of Quantum. And not in a good way. 😉

 

Secondly,  it's my understanding that CK had always been for JS and above. It was designed that way.  

 

In my opinion, Royal never intended folks to eat every meal there. It was an alternate venue created in conjunction with Dynamic Dining.

 

Were you on a press or Travel Agent sailing?

No, John. I did the first 8 night Bahamas sailing that the Quantum made out of Bayonne and the same first 8 night saing on Anthem.  Both of those times. I was in the solo balcony cabin 7648. I made other sailings in both ships as well staying in 7648, so it was not exclusive to JS cabins and I wasn't a Pinnacle back then. I just remember not being impressed with the ambiance of the venue and disappointed in the selections on the menu. Granted, I tend to eat a limited menu, so that part of my opinion may be biased. Despite sailing on Anthem means saving on airfare and hotels, I have avoided sailing on her for quite a few years now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do cruisers in a JS have to pay extra for Coastal Kitchen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sassyw said:

Do cruisers in a JS have to pay extra for Coastal Kitchen?

 

No, there is no charge for CK, even if they allow guests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 7:19 AM, John&LaLa said:

 

Harmony is soon to be the new Oasis this fall.

Harmony already is the new Oasis! We were on Symphony in March and there were 12 or fewer pinnacles. We are on Harmony now (May 12 sailing) and there are 36 pinnacles. I expect numbers to climb. 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Harmony already is the new Oasis! We were on Symphony in March and there were 12 or fewer pinnacles. We are on Harmony now (May 12 sailing) and there are 36 pinnacles. I expect numbers to climb. 

M

What were the typical Pinnacle numbers in June and July on the Oasis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Harmony already is the new Oasis! We were on Symphony in March and there were 12 or fewer pinnacles. We are on Harmony now (May 12 sailing) and there are 36 pinnacles. I expect numbers to climb. 

M

 

Pt Canaveral has 42 million people in a 500 mile radius.

Miami only has 24 million in a 500 mi radius. 😉

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

What were the typical Pinnacle numbers in June and July on the Oasis?

 

Last July on the Allure there were 11 Pinnacles. This week on the Allure there are 31 Pinnacles.

 

Last June on the Oasis there were 22 Pinnacles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Harmony already is the new Oasis! We were on Symphony in March and there were 12 or fewer pinnacles. We are on Harmony now (May 12 sailing) and there are 36 pinnacles. I expect numbers to climb. 

M

Wow!!! Loved Harmony but not with that many P’s onboard. I guess it’s a Port Canaveral thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, STANMELB said:

 

Last July on the Allure there were 11 Pinnacles. This week on the Allure there are 31 Pinnacles.

 

Last June on the Oasis there were 22 Pinnacles.

Something has to change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...