LIVE from the Prinsendam - 24 day Med Rivieras & River Explorer - please join us

kazu

It’s time to get out the suitcases and start filling them up.  I know I am posting the thread early, but I wanted to be able to give the link to my roll call members before we leave in the hopes that some of them may join in.  LIVE threads are always more fun when you get more than one person’s view point 😉 and experiences 😄 

We are sailing into the sunset on the Prinsendam.  It will be our last cruise on her - our swan song on the Elegant Explorer:

0A9C484E-7A74-4DA1-9319-A26F97E27A17.thumb.jpeg.97f14fb0511b1b14b62abcea395e0ce4.jpeg

While the cruise doesn’t start until the 12th, DH & I are flying out on Sunday to head to Lisbon.  We have been to Lisbon before and seen a lot of the key sights so this time we are going to do some in depth looking and take some time to savour the flavour.  If no one minds me sharing some of our time in LIsbon on the thread, I am happy to do so.

We have several great roll call members staying at our boutique hotel as well as a couple of our walking tours with historians so it should be fun!

Hope you come along with us as we sail the Elegant Explorer one last time.

You’ll probably see the banner a few times here and there.  My thanks goes to POA1 for making it for me.  He knew it was a special cruise for us and I really appreciated his kindness.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndreaB said:

Safe travels! Enjoy Lisbon! The Prinsendam is eagerly awaiting your arrival.  I look forward to seeing you and Jose soon!

Andrea

53 minutes ago, StartrainDD said:

We will be joining you in Civitavecchia and will be following along until then.  Safe travels and we, too, are looking forward to one last journey on the Elegant Explorer.

Arie

46 minutes ago, canyousayvacation said:

See you all on the 24th!  Safe travels everyone.  This is going to be a lovely cruise.

21 minutes ago, HomeLover said:

Will be checking in every day.  Enjoy!  See you on the 24th.

Looking forward to seeing you all SOON!  🙂 😄 

We are flying out late Monday night and look forward to meet you at the Fado evening Thursday evening that you have organized for us before we get on board ship . 

We will be quite busy while 38 days on board the Elegant Explorer stopping in 31 Ports and many of those Ports we have never visited previously . Hope Hal someday will add another new small ship to its fleet .

Making final decisions of what goes in the suitcase . See you in Lisbon everybody ! 

Martha and Tony :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm looking forward to following along.  Our final cruise on Prinsendam last month was certainly bittersweet, and I imagine yours will be, too!

I suspect I will have a tear in my eye when I disembark for the last time.  At least I hope I do and not anxious to get off the ship 😉 

3 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Have a wonderful time!  Will be following along on your thread.  Love when others on the cruise chime in too.  Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Himself said:

Have a grat time in Lisbon and enjoy the Cruise.  Shall we sing "Lady of Spain I Adore You?"

Thanks kindly for the good wishes.

Jacqui,

Have a fantastic cruise. We were suppose to be doing this sailing BUT hubby wanted to do Hawaii/Tahiti. Will be home soon from this cruise and will be having a great time as always with your blogs!

I miss Roy’s blogs at the moment  but will be able to enjoy Jacqui and Jose last Swan Song! 

Have a safe flight enjoy Lisbon and relax.

Take care Jacqui

Denise😊

• Like 1

I suspect I will have a tear in my eye when I disembark for the last time.  At least I hope I do and not anxious to get off the ship 😉

Jacqui,

I am sure you will have more than one tear when you depart the ship. Have a joyous and wonderful cruise on the Elegant Explorer. Barbara

I hope you don't mind I did the Bon Voyage a bit early.  I think starting a live thread usually means things are starting to get hectic.  Bon Voyage to all on your roll call (as well as my former tablemate AndreaB who is already back on board).

Roy

Thanks for planning to blog which allow us to travel with you vicariously!  Your efforts are very much appreciated!  

I wish you a very safe and poignant cruise.  My final cruise on Rotterdam V shortly before she was retired from the Fleet provided memories that I will never forget.  May I predict that your final cruise on the Prinsendam will provide you with the same? 

28 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I hope you don't mind I did the Bon Voyage a bit early.  I think starting a live thread usually means things are starting to get hectic

Now how did you ever guess that?  LOL

Between a last minute port change and having to wait until today to make our roll call's reservations for dinner in Bordeaux, it has gotten a bit crazy.

Packing stuff is out though.  Tonight (I hope) and tomorrow I hope to put a big dent in.  Dogs go to their home away from home on Friday so that eats up a good part of the morning 😉 

All the "house care" stuff is done so that's a good thing.

We'll get there and we'll be on that puddle hopper to get on a jet plane on Sunday. 😄 

7 hours ago, kazu said:

It’s time to get out the suitcases and start filling them up.  I know I am posting the thread early, but I wanted to be able to give the link to my roll call members before we leave in the hopes that some of them may join in.  LIVE threads are always more fun when you get more than one person’s view point 😉 and experiences 😄 

We are sailing into the sunset on the Prinsendam.  It will be our last cruise on her - our swan song on the Elegant Explorer:

0A9C484E-7A74-4DA1-9319-A26F97E27A17.thumb.jpeg.97f14fb0511b1b14b62abcea395e0ce4.jpeg

While the cruise doesn’t start until the 12th, DH & I are flying out on Sunday to head to Lisbon.  We have been to Lisbon before and seen a lot of the key sights so this time we are going to do some in depth looking and take some time to savour the flavour.  If no one minds me sharing some of our time in LIsbon on the thread, I am happy to do so.

We have several great roll call members staying at our boutique hotel as well as a couple of our walking tours with historians so it should be fun!

Hope you come along with us as we sail the Elegant Explorer one last time.

You’ll probably see the banner a few times here and there.  My thanks goes to POA1 for making it for me.  He knew it was a special cruise for us and I really appreciated his kindness.