Last Night at the Cunard Proms crossing?

neeuqdrazil

I haven't been on one of the NSO crossings myself, but I'm sure you will get plenty of good feedback from those who have. In the meantime, you might be interested in this thread asking about last year's NSO crossing which includes a post from Anthony Inglis himself.

58 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I haven't been on one of the NSO crossings myself, but I'm sure you will get plenty of good feedback from those who have. In the meantime, you might be interested in this thread asking about last year's NSO crossing which includes a post from Anthony Inglis himself.

Thanks for the link! I did a quick browse of the forum, but managed to miss that thread. 

Once I've confirmed that the timing works, I suspect I'll be booking online during my TA at the end of April. 

8 minutes ago, deck chair said:

Hi

I have done several proms concerts on the QE2 and QM2.  Fabulous experience, music and highly recommended.  I am sorry I am going to miss the upcoming NSO this coming Summer.  Do it!

Deck Chair.

Maybe I'll see you on the 2020 crossing? 

7 hours ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I'm thinking about booking on the Anthony Inglis & NSO crossing for 2020 (looks like there are still cabins available) - has anyone done this crossing? Would you recommend it? 

We were on the NSO crossing in 2017, and have booked again for this year [the eastbound leg of the M929B round trip]. My wife is the singer in the family, and she ended up on the risers toward the left side.

Apparently the Westbound leg is scheduled to be space/astronomy themed, with the Royal Astronomical Society

QM2 - 26.jpg

QM2 - 22.jpg

We did the Transatlantic crossing with NSO and Anthony Inglis in 2017.  As an American I had to ask what the heck a “Prom” was.  We enjoyed two nights of the NSO on that trip.  The first night was dedicated to American music (with special respect given to 9/11, when we were sailing)  and the second evening was given to  British music.  Fantastic evenings.  The theater was packed each evening.  We still talk about that cruise and the experience of the NSO and Anthony Inglis who appeared to be having the time of his life on the stage each evening.  Wonderful experience!  We are planning to do another.