River cruise

kerryis25

23 minutes ago, sbjornda said:

Regarding the uncertain sailing times: The key to enjoying a river cruise is to be able to "go with the flow". The river does what it will, the locks do what they will. Having one to two day's notice is about all you can count on, except for the ports that you stay in for more than one day (e.g. Vienna).

Agree 100%.

Take every day as it comes. River cruising is so popular now and there are so many boats that congestion at locks can cause delays.

4 hours ago, notamermaid said:

Don't get me wrong, but, is there a North American line that does not offer a Nuremberg WWII tour? I mean, one could leave them out. I admit Nuremberg is the perfect place for that stuff. But on my bucket list for Nuremberg is the old rebuilt town centre and the railway museum.

notamermaid

Notamermaid- our cruise in July starts in Nuremberg. We are getting there a day early so we can tour the old town and railway museum on our own! We are looking forward to it!

My cruise ends in Nuremberg, but I have purchased an extension to Prague.  So I wonder if we will even tour Nuremberg, or if we will head straight to Prague when we arrive in Nuremberg.  I would not want to be saddened, I think I'd decline the WWII tour, and just walk around the town myself if that is possible. 

It’s fine to decline a tour and do your own thing if desired.

The DH and I are visiting several WWll sites on our cruise. We’ve read Ann Franks diary, The Hiding Place and Shoes on the Danube for background.  We’ve watched several documentaries on the subject.  It does make us sad.  

Enjoy your vacation.  Keep it light.  Just don’t ever forget what happened there. 

• Like 1

I think you might be able to answer your question by looking at your cruise’s itinary for the day you arrive in Nurnberg. You probably spend the night docked there and disembark the next morning so depending on what time you arrive, you will have tours available. The walking tour we did there was very interesting!

82091557-7556-4E6F-B8C3-00B586A27B8A.jpeg

754451E4-A37D-4FA9-A2D8-DE99B6B120F0.jpeg

Edited by MagnoliaNC