Arrival appointment....really?

HardyVA

I just printed my Xpress pass and at the top it has Arrival Appointment 11:30-12 am.  Really?  We haven't sailed on Summit since June 2018 and it never had that before?  Are they serious?  We have always arrived by 10 am (sailed from Cape Liberty for the last 5 years). and have been on board by 11:30.  Is his something new?  

1 hour ago, HardyVA said:

I just printed my Xpress pass and at the top it has Arrival Appointment 11:30-12 am.  Really?  We haven't sailed on Summit since June 2018 and it never had that before?  Are they serious?  We have always arrived by 10 am (sailed from Cape Liberty for the last 5 years). and have been on board by 11:30.  Is his something new?  

When I go into my Xpress pass if I hit edit it allows you to select a different time.  It's on the last screen after you enter credit card number.    As others have said you can also just ignore and show up when you wish.  

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

When I go into my Xpress pass if I hit edit it allows you to select a different time.  It's on the last screen after you enter credit card number.    As others have said you can also just ignore and show up when you wish.  

I don't see that option after the credit card number page. It just shows the agreement.

Why would you want to arrive by 10:00 if you can't get on the ship until 11:30? As previously noted, they are simply trying to control to crowds that form if everyone ignores the suggested time and shows up all at once. Our suggested time last week was 2:30, so arrivals are spaced across several hours. For our Edge cruise, curb to ship took less than 10 minutes...no waiting at all. Maybe guests actually followed Celebrity's suggestion...☺

• Like 1

It's been our experience on our last few cruises with either X or RCI that the cabins aren't ready until around 1:30, so later isn't that much of a problem for us.  If I miss lunch I wont starve and it's so crowded in the buffet - I'd much rather just wait until I can go directly to our room and relax.

• Like 1

I've gone when it was convenient for my hotel check out and transportation arrangements to the port regardless of the time printed on the Xpress pass. It's never been an issue when that time was different than the appointed time.

• Like 1

On another thread some one complained because they got there before their boarding time and when boarding started they had to wait until Suites, Zenith, etc boarded.  

Often you can arrive before your assigned time and no problem but other times you have to wait and not all embarkation ports have places to sit and wait. 

5 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I've gone when it was convenient for my hotel check out and transportation arrangements to the port regardless of the time printed on the Xpress pass. It's never been an issue when that time was different than the appointed time.

That's why we generally  arrive at the port early.  We have breezed through check in but have had to sit and wait to board which generally has begun at about 11.

Tourist1292- we are sailing in May, too.

Jim_lain- I didn't see anything about arrival time when I completed my online check in.  Do you think I can go back and change it?

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Your correct.   Hit continue after agreement -

arrival.jpg.7d36b7bb072fd54ffaeefa5b52dc09bc.jpg

We don't have that option. On the bottom of the agreement, it has only the button for complete check in. Click on that will just return to my reservation. Does it need to be within certain days from the cruise to see that?

Edited by Tourist1292

We always sleep in on embarkation day. Then have a nice relaxing brunch and head over to the pier. We like to arrive right around 1:00 PM. You can usually walk right on to the ship then. No lines and no waiting. But I do understand why people like to get on and explore the ship as early as possible. 

Not something you really need to be concerned about. Just show up when you want. You will go to the designated line and register. All lines are marked with signs. Zeniths and Suites are in their own line and really won't affect your boarding. In Port Everglades Terminal 25 they go to a lounge and are completely separated. The time is only a suggestion and not a requirement. One Hotel Director told me that most do not read Cruise Critic and think that the time is meaningful and comply. That thins out the crowd. But you've all read Cruise Critic and know that the time is meaningless.

I checked in before this feature was implemented but I went back into my booking and added my own estimated time.   Celebrity may have assigned a time, which you can change either on the website or the app, based on your flight information.

Edited by Ereggae

Friends we traveled with last week in Aqua thought the arrival time was mandatory.  When we were 15 minutes late (1045 instead of 1030, they thought we wouldn't be allowed to board. lol

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Tourist1292 said:

We don't have that option. On the bottom of the agreement, it has only the button for complete check in. Click on that will just return to my reservation. Does it need to be within certain days from the cruise to see that?

Wow... sorry to mislead you.    I erroneously assumed that Celebrity would be consistent on their check in process.   Silly me!