Port Everglades to MCO

Diamond Dandy

I have used the search tool, but could not find anything that helps with this particular scenario. I apologize if the info already exists and I was unable to find it.

Due to the Oasis cancellations we now have a cruise on Celebrity Edge (Port Everglades arrival) ending on 4/21, and a 4:00 PM flight out of MCO the same day. What options can you think of to get back to the airport.  Thinking car rental is best, but wonder about how to get the car. I would certainly listen to other suggestions as well. You guys have always helped in the past. Look forward to your responses!  Thanks.

Get an early start, rent a vehicle at FLL or an off site location and figure a four hour ride from Fort Lauderdale to MCO. Interstate 95 to the Fort Pierce exit and then switch over to the Florida Turnpike for the rest of the trip.

On 4/4/2019 at 1:54 AM, Diamond Dandy said:

I have used the search tool, but could not find anything that helps with this particular scenario. I apologize if the info already exists and I was unable to find it.

Due to the Oasis cancellations we now have a cruise on Celebrity Edge (Port Everglades arrival) ending on 4/21, and a 4:00 PM flight out of MCO the same day. What options can you think of to get back to the airport.  Thinking car rental is best, but wonder about how to get the car. I would certainly listen to other suggestions as well. You guys have always helped in the past. Look forward to your responses!  Thanks.

This is a very doable plan and you should be fine.  I've always found rental car agencies around the port are very crowded on port days and under staffed.  The airport is next to the port, just get a taxi or an Uber for about $10 - $20 and go directly to the airport and rent a car there. Get the car without a hassle and head north.