Pacific - not dead yet..Tahiti 2020

Cruise Junky

1 hour ago, Cruise Junky said:

Well I was going to be joining the frenzy of booking tomorrow but I just scored a killer deal on Regent for a 10 day Tahiti itinerary that the dates works a bit better for us...Feb 2021 instead of the October Date.  Hope you all get the cabins you want tomorrow.  Good luck

Nothing wrong with shopping around! Congrats on your finding!

Well I was going to be joining the frenzy of booking tomorrow but I just scored a killer deal on Regent for a 10 day Tahiti itinerary that the dates works a bit better for us...Feb 2021 instead of the October Date.  Hope you all get the cabins you want tomorrow.  Good luck

Will miss cruising with you if we end up booking.....

Bob

2 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Good for you. Which ship? Navigator? We love the Navigator, did the Amazon and Alaska on her. Voyager is our favorite of all ships though. Have about 150 days sailing on Regent. We did Cuba, the Canal and Hawaii in October and November on the Mariner, excellent voyage.

We also like the Pacific Princess (R-3), we are looking at the 35 Day Tahiti to FLL voyage coming up a year from November. I priced Oceania on a fairly similar voyage for 30 days on about the same dates, on their R-2 I think, same suite on both vessels. I'm having a tough time though getting decent rates, it appears to me FDR is on a kick to raise fees. The Oceania voyage would cost us over $823.3 per person per day. On Princess it will be $546.63 per day per person. 

As for Regent, with just a concierge mini-suite and not a 1000 square foot full suite like on the other two, it is going to cost us $1,309.9 per person per day for a cruise similar to what I've been looking at on Princess and Oceania. Come on FDR, get your pencil out.   

6 minutes ago, kennicott said:
Good for you. Which ship? Navigator? We love the Navigator, did the Amazon and Alaska on her. Voyager is our favorite of all ships though. Have about 150 days sailing on Regent. We did Cuba, the Canal and Hawaii in October and November on the Mariner, excellent voyage.

Yes, Navigator. We’re really excited. First time on Regent for us. A OV guarantee was only about $200 less pp than a Princess balcony and when you look at what it includes, it’s a steal. 

• Like 2

Congratulations!  And thank you for starting this thread.  We are definitely booking tomorrow 🙂

• Like 2

Congrats!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

It sounds wonderful!  Enjoy!

Frenzy...haha. That’s exactly what it’s going to be like!  Luckily, we just want a lowly OV cabin...but the same one for all the cruises, please. 😉

• Like 2

Yes, Navigator. We’re really excited. First time on Regent for us. A OV guarantee was only about $200 less pp than a Princess balcony and when you look at what it includes, it’s a steal. 

Congratulations on the great find. Enjoy your cruise.

We had booked a Concierge Mini Suite on the Navigator for a December sailing, but cancelled it when a Russian Far East, Bering Sea, and Alaskan Aleutian Islands came up on Silversea while we cruising on their Silver Cloud in Antarctica. My logic was that we could not afford both (the SS one was $54k plus insurance), and we had already been to French Polynesia on the Tahitian/Ocean Princess 3 times before on different itineraries (Cook Islands, Rangiroa,  and the Marquesas), so we cancelled the Regent one. Besides we rarely drink and the unlimited alcohol on her would be wasted on us.

It was wasted on us as well on Silversea, I mean there was alcohol freely flowing on that ship, even at the evening briefings for the next days activities. Hubby requested a Black Russian and the butler showed up with full bottles of Kahlua and Vodka and made it for him on the spot. Hubby never drank anymore from those bottles. I mentioned a little rum for my hot chocolate and he came with a large bottle of Meyers Dark Jamaican Rum. The nice thing about the Silversea Expedition cruises is that all shorex are included too. You just decide everyday what you want to do e.g. I went on a Zodiac ride while hubby did a 5-mile hike in Antarctica, or we would hike together on the slower hikes trying to avoid penguin poop.

So for about 3K less pp than a Regent mini, I am hoping my TA can book a suite for me tomorrow.

Bob, we didn't hear the cabinets squeaking but did have some minor problems with our OS. They promptly fixed them, then comped us a bottle of wine and $200 obc. I didn't ask for it, I just wanted them fixed. They also comped some of the Club Class Mini passengers with obc when their cabins were flooded from the balcony sprinkler test.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

I'm certain you will enjoy Regent, as I've already mentioned. In particular, you are going to have one "Block Party" do not miss that, no other lines have such, and I love them.

I said this in my last review of the Mariner, unfortunately, soon after, FDR began jacking rates: "In summation, I realize Regent's prices are pretty steep and going up, so are the other line's prices that we frequent. But you have to say this about Frank Del Rio (FDR)'s lines. The other lines seem to not only be increasing over all charges somewhat but also engaging in a significant and commensurate ratcheting down of cruise quality. While at the same time, Regent is enhancing over all cruise quality."

Word of caution though I give to my friends who book Regent or any other so called "luxury/all inclusive line" is this: "Regent is a so called luxury line. But don't expect too much because of the classification, some go away dissatisfied since they wanted an utopian voyage or something whimsical--- Lower your expectations."
Edited by kennicott

9 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Can't log into the Princess website.  I sure hope they fix this before 0900pst.....

Bob

Keep trying.

That happened to me yesterday.

But I still think Nancy will get in before we are able to.

13 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

And it includes the air.  Congratulations.

Edited by jagoffee

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

And it includes the air.  Congratulations.

No, I took it without air... it included Business Class but if I dropped it the price dropped $9,600 CDN pp...crazy!!!  we're going to fly though Honolulu both ways. The dates lines up with Hawaiian's weekly flight so we'll do a week before and after on a different island.  Hawaiian looks to be around $900 return PP. It does include all drinks, shore excursions, gratuities, specialty dining and wifi though. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

No, I took it without air... it included Business Class but if I dropped it the price dropped $9,600 CDN pp...crazy!!!  we're going to fly though Honolulu both ways. The dates lines up with Hawaiian's weekly flight so we'll do a week before and after on a different island.  Hawaiian looks to be around $900 return PP. It does include all drinks, shore excursions, gratuities, specialty dining and wifi though. 

That is crazy.  I thought the Business Class Air was only for suites and not OV. 

Still a good deal.

3 minutes ago, chamima said:

It's not letting me look at any fall cruises for the Pacific! 😞

On the phone with Princess  as we speak.  It's letting her book the 25 day cruise but it still not up on the Princess site. She is telling me only two OS' are left.....

Bob

2 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

On the phone with Princess  as we speak.  It's letting her book the 25 day cruise but it still not up on the Princess site. She is telling me only two OS' are left.....

Bob

Go Bob, Go Bob, Go Bob.....

5 minutes ago, chamima said:

It's not letting me look at any fall cruises for the Pacific! 😞

4 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Having the same problem!

I think you need the link from Princess to see them.  Which I'm not getting because there's a problem with the email server for my Internet provider today.  Thank heavens our wonderful TA will take care of us!

• Like 1

I got in through the email link I got from Princess but couldn't get ANY of the 4 cabins we wanted if we booked the 10 and the 25 separately so I put a hold on one of the cabins for the 35.

I'd rather book it as 2 cruises for a variety of reasons but if our wonderful TA can't book it that way at least I have a cabin.

• Like 3