Does Carnival Excursions Still Meet in Lounges?

Daliaha

If you are using the excursions through the ship, do they still meet in the lounges and theater to get you off with your group who is on same excursion as you?  Or is it a free for all getting off the ship when you tender and also dock? So your on your own to get to the correct area for Excusion?   I cant remember.  I maybe thinking of RCCL.

They usually only meet in the theatre when there is tender boat involved, like Belize and Grand Cayman.  That way the groups can leave together on their excursions.  

Most excursions booked through the ship meet at the port with people holding up signs there.

2017_Cozumel_Freedom_diving2-XL.jpg

2 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

They usually only meet in the theatre when there is tender boat involved, like Belize and Grand Cayman.  That way the groups can leave together on their excursions.  

Most excursions booked through the ship meet at the port with people holding up signs there.

2017_Cozumel_Freedom_diving2-XL.jpg

Montego Bay we met in the MDR on Vista. But we had a long excursion to Dunn’s River Falls and they wanted us to be among the first off the ship.

They can meet in the theater and other inside areas and also in the port area.  Sometimes right where you get off of the ship and other times outside of the secure port area.  Your Carnival excursion tickets will either be put in the mail slot outside of your cabin door or inside your cabin.  They will be in an envelope.  The tickets will have instructions that have the time and place to meet.  

We always plan on arriving at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time.  This allows time to find the correct place. If the excursions involve a lot of people, sometimes they will take people out in groups.

If the excursion meeting place is outside, you will see people holding large signs with the names of the excursions.  If you can't find your meeting place, just ask an employee.  There are plenty of them out there and they will show you where to go.  Once you have found your meeting place, you show the person holding the sign your ticket.  You may then be given a wristband or sticker for your specific excursion.

Edited by TNcruising02

Adding to this question-The Deluxe Beach, Catamaran & Snorkel (Fury Cozumel) via Carnival has a meeting time of 8 AM listed on the Carnival excursion website.  Seems early.  Anybody who has taken this excursion-where to they meet, and is it really 8 AM?  Thanks

Edited by haply

Depends on the port, really.  We were on the Fascination in February, and some excursions met in the theatre, and some off the ship.  Both ways were fine, I'm impatient to get to doing something fun, so both ways seem like they take forever, but they really don't.  

I will say if you are meeting on the ship, some excursions left early, so I wouldn't get there right on time- a little early is probably better.  

35 minutes ago, haply said:

Adding to this question-The Deluxe Beach, Catamaran & Snorkel (Fury Cozumel) via Carnival has a meeting time of 8 AM listed on the Carnival excursion website.  Seems early.  Anybody who has taken this excursion-where to they meet, and is it really 8 AM?  Thanks

Yes, we did this excursion.  It met right at the port area, just walk down the pier and you will see the signs for each of the excursions.  They then walked us as a group right over to the catamaran that was parked at the shorter pier right next to the main pier.  That is the little pier that all the boat excursions thru Carnival pick up at.  It was really easy.  It only takes about 5 minutes to get off ship and walk down the pier to the meeting spot, don't worry.

2016Liberty_Coz4178-XL.jpg

1 hour ago, purplephenom said:

Depends on the port, really.  We were on the Fascination in February, and some excursions met in the theatre, and some off the ship.  Both ways were fine, I'm impatient to get to doing something fun, so both ways seem like they take forever, but they really don't.  

I will say if you are meeting on the ship, some excursions left early, so I wouldn't get there right on time- a little early is probably better.  

Agreed that it may be inside or outside. I will say in my experience it was always inside when at a tender port so that ideally everyone can be on the same tender. Still plenty of times after meeting inside and taking a tender, we have had to wait on the dock for more people to arrive on different tenders. It has been inside or outside (on the dock or in a terminal building) at non-tender ports. Inside meetings have been in the theater or the forward dining room.