Difficulty of showering in the capsule shower. Is it as bad as it looks?

I'm looking at the Oasis class ships and while we have gone on both Oasis and Harmony, we were in suites so had the tub shower combo. Now we are looking at just staying in a balcony  room and I am having a hard time trying to figure out showering in that tiny shower. I am 5'7" and my husband is 6'. We both are on the fluffy size and me being a woman, I need to be able to shave my legs. I just cannot imagine how I am going to be able to make that happen in the capsule shower. I know this sounds stupid, but can someone give me a real and honest idea of how hard it is to take a shower in these?

3 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

I'm looking at the Oasis class ships and while we have gone on both Oasis and Harmony, we were in suites so had the tub shower combo. Now we are looking at just staying in a balcony  room and I am having a hard time trying to figure out showering in that tiny shower. I am 5'7" and my husband is 6'. We both are on the fluffy size and me being a woman, I need to be able to shave my legs. I just cannot imagine how I am going to be able to make that happen in the capsule shower. I know this sounds stupid, but can someone give me a real and honest idea of how hard it is to take a shower in these?

I am a bit on the fluffy side myself and so is my husband and we don’t have a problem with it.  There is a bar in the shower you can prop your foot on to shave your legs.

It is a bit tight but as I said we didn’t have a problem with it at all...

• Like 1

Just now, GTO-Girl said:

I am a bit on the fluffy side myself and so is my husband and we don’t have a problem with it.  There is a bar in the shower you can prop your foot on to shave your legs.

It is a bit tight but as I said we didn’t have a problem with it at all...

That's  probably a better answer than mine!

15 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

I am 6'2 285 pounds and have no problem in the shower. There is also a foot bar in the shower.  I think it is much larger then you anticipate. 

My husband is 6'5" and just shy of 300 pounds.  He won't book a suite again because the shower/tub combo has much less height between floor of shower and ceiling.   He does ok in the "capsule" and I find the bar to raise my foot up fir shaving easier than a tub ledge

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

I used to be super fluffy, and my DH has always been fluffy and 6 foot 2, and it’s never been bad 🙂

Edited by vacationlover_mn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OSUZorba said:

My wife and I aren't small but not really fluffy and we've showered in them together and done other things in them. 😁

Well now you are just showing off.....😂😂😂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nav88 said:

Another option...shower in the full size showers available in the gym/spa

That's what we have done and they are much more comfortable.  Especially when we both get in together.  Plus, unlimited towels.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

For all those who pay for those expensive Yoga classes...you may have finally found the first thing of real value out of those lessons...

But no...they are not that big an issue/problem for most passengers. If it's that big a deal...book a junior or regular suite.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

For all those who pay for those expensive Yoga classes...you may have finally found the first thing of real value out of those lessons...

But no...they are not that big an issue/problem for most passengers. If it's that big a deal...book a junior or regular suite.

Reminds me of the comedian who said, “I signed up for yoga classes, and the instructors first statement was, now bend over and stick your head up your a**...”

On 4/5/2019 at 1:54 AM, Hammergirl said:

I must admit I always shave my legs at the sink before my shower! It’s just easier! 😀