Celebrity Terrible Customer Service

ak1004

1 minute ago, ak1004 said:

I guess everyone sees what they want to see..

Exactly!!! And many people used their TA...it is hit or miss...no matter what cruise line....people have been successful with Celebrity and people have been unsuccessful with Celebrity...people have been successful with Princess people have been unsuccessful with Princess...

the bottom line is...the price was good enough for you to book so go enjoy that cruise...:-) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Puhleeese - pretend your name is Elsa and LET IT GO. Really, we get it. You hate Celebrity and think Princess walks on water. Enjoy your future Princess cruises. Time to move on.

Now, where's that Ignore function?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 Pages of 150+ posts of which almost 50 are from the OP on being disappointed in not getting what they wanted after looking at price drops AFTER final payment and wanting some goodie.......got it. 

I see no reason to look at prices after final payment because I’ve booked early for many reasons including I picked a fine SR I wanted. And asking for some ‘perk’ when I know the rules are no changes after final payment unless I want to pay for an upgrade is not my style. Celebrity and Princess and all other Lines have got a ton of the the ‘I know its after Final Payment, but the price of my SR type has dropped so how about giving me a goodie because, like 1,000 other customers, I think I’m owed it”.....again, I got it.

OP, please don’t explain how I’m wrong and don’t understand the real issue. I’ll stick With my opinion.

Den

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

7 Pages of 150+ posts of which almost 50 are from the OP on being disappointed in not getting what they wanted after looking at price drops AFTER final payment and wanting some goodie.......got it. 

I see no reason to look at prices after final payment because I’ve booked early for many reasons including I picked a fine SR I wanted. And asking for some ‘perk’ when I know the rules are no changes after final payment unless I want to pay for an upgrade is not my style. Celebrity and Princess and all other Lines have got a ton of the the ‘I know its after Final Payment, but the price of my SR type has dropped so how about giving me a goodie because, like 1,000 other customers, I think I’m owed it”.....again, I got it.

OP, please don’t explain how I’m wrong and don’t understand the real issue. I’ll stick With my opinion.

Den

Den...AGREED!!  OP should have booked Princess after their amazing free experience and moved on! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hcat said:

As I posted on April 8th:

People......please....

Let it Go!

Move on!

Cruise happy!

There is so much more of interest on CC........

Yes, how about the 11 pages on Cigar Smoking thread where one poster thinks drinking should be dropped because they get ill from smelling  alcohol. . or the 5 pages on walking around the Buffet while munching thread. Both are so informative........of bad/judgmental manners. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

Den

I agree with you in regards to being happy with what I booked, and being okay with what I paid to book it. We've always waited until we saw the price we are happy with for the SR we have chosen, and then just sticking with it. I also don't check the prices after final payment to try to get a refund. Maybe it works for some people, but I see it as we book the SR we wanted. Having that choice is worth what we choose to pay. We once went with a guarantee room on HAL. We ended up with a SR across from a service area. Clanging dishes and big plastic rolling bins for laundry, I assume from the occasional thunderous rumbling in the hallway outside our SR. I really like choosing my own SR after that experience. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Yes, how about the 11 pages on Cigar Smoking thread where one poster thinks drinking should be dropped because they get ill from smelling  alcohol. . or the 5 pages on walking around the Buffet while munching thread. Both are so informative........of bad/judgmental manners. 

Den

Denny - I always enjoy reading your posts and your perspectives. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 4:45 PM, akcruz said:

Where the 1st issue comes in is when the TA is on a vacation of their own.  Yes it was great she called on her vacation but I would bet if she was I  her office things may have gone differently.  I have learned to ask for a confirmation and verify the contents before getting off the phone to make sure all is as expected. If the TA was in their office maybe they would have done the same?  Maybe waiting for the TA to return would have gotten better results.

That's the part that shocks me. That the OP would dare to interrupt his TA's vacation for this. 

When my TA goes on vacation, she always emails me with the contact information for an agency colleague in case of EMERGENCIES. Anything short of being contacted that a cruise was cancelled or a death/illness that would result in my needing to cancel ASAP is NOT IMHO an emergency and can wait until my TA is back from her vacation. Lord knows they do enough work for their clients they are entitled to a client-contact-free vacation of their own!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Denny - I always enjoy reading your posts and your perspectives. Thanks!

You are such a perceptive and intelligent person!!! And these type posts are so nice to read by such a humble person as myself!!! Don’t we just love CC! Lots of good info, and lots of good entertainment.....and my daughter and wife love me getting on CC because I’m not up walking around getting all the ‘steps’ I’m suppose to be getting to compete on our Fitbits!!!  

OK, enough “!s”.....

Den

9 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That's the part that shocks me. That the OP would dare to interrupt his TA's vacation for this. 

When my TA goes on vacation, she always emails me with the contact information for an agency colleague in case of EMERGENCIES. Anything short of being contacted that a cruise was cancelled or a death/illness that would result in my needing to cancel ASAP is NOT IMHO an emergency and can wait until my TA is back from her vacation. Lord knows they do enough work for their clients they are entitled to a client-contact-free vacation of their own!

I did't know that she was on vacation, and it was her choice to handle the issue while on vacation. And this is one of the reasons we keep her. Her responsiveness and dedication.

Edited by ak1004
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Bedruthen said:

You know what, consider yourselves lucky. In the UK, when the cruise price drops, we have no comeback whatsoever. It’s tough luck on us. 

That's how it is in the US too, just in this case Celebrity was nice enough to offer something even though they didn't need to at all.  So Celebrity went above and beyond, but still the OP is unhappy.  The sense of entitlement is staggering.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

As I have stated if you are unhappy with the price that you booked than do not book....we have not sailed on Celebrity yet; however, I am awfully excited...so I was on the Celebrity Website looking at the restaurants and such and against my better judgment I looked at what the price of my cruise was at ...there was a decrease...I remembered this exact topic...I called...it was more out of curiosity...I was put through to a lovely customer service rep..I explained that I happened to see the price drop and I also stated explained that I completely understood if nothing could be done...

well...she not only dropped the prices but she also included on-board credit for each of our cabins...

so my experience is wonderful customer service so far!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AnnemarieC76 said:

As I have stated if you are unhappy with the price that you booked than do not book....we have not sailed on Celebrity yet; however, I am awfully excited...so I was on the Celebrity Website looking at the restaurants and such and against my better judgment I looked at what the price of my cruise was at ...there was a decrease...I remembered this exact topic...I called...it was more out of curiosity...I was put through to a lovely customer service rep..I explained that I happened to see the price drop and I also stated explained that I completely understood if nothing could be done...

well...she not only dropped the prices but she also included on-board credit for each of our cabins...

My theory at work. If you don't ask, the answer is definitely no. If you ask (and are accepting of the fact that no is a possible answer) you may be pleasantly surprised. One thing to be aware of when asking is always make sure the you will not forfeit any already existing perks/OBC and get the new rates and perks/OBC in written/email form confirmed.

• Like 1

Just now, Luvcrusn said:

My theory at work. If you don't ask, the answer is definitely no. If you ask (and are accepting of the fact that no is a possible answer) you may be pleasantly surprised. One thing to be aware of when asking is always make sure the you will not forfeit any already existing perks/OBC and get the new rates and perks/OBC in written/email form confirmed.

Exactly!  I was accepting of whatever the result was going to be...I was very happy with the original price or I certainly would not have booked it...I also asked her to stay on the phone with me while I waited to receive the email confirmations...she was more than happy to do so...so far I am very impressed with Celebrity! 

• Like 2

We booked inside through our TA and noticed a significant price drop after final payment. My wife called Celebrity and received decent amount of onboard credit and prepaid tips. Noticed another drop so I emailed (for written confirmation) our Celebrity Vacation Planner. We were upgraded to a veranda and all previous perks remained. 

On 5/14/2019 at 6:23 PM, ak1004 said:

You are right. The price drop is all my fault. Viva Celebrity!!!

Another approach might be: "Wow, maybe it depends on which rep you talk to! Congrats on those unexpected results--I certainly wish I had had that luck. Maybe Celebrity customer service is not always as bad or mistake prone as I thought based on my experience with a single representative.  Now, time to focus on enjoying the cruise!"

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On April 5, 2019 at 9:56 AM, ak1004 said:

btw, the current cost of the upgrade from veranda to concierge on this cruise is less than $50 CAD pps. So giving an "upgrade" that is worth less than $150 CAD after a price drop of $3,000, and then removing a $400+ credit is outrageous. 

The price drop was gradual and very well timed in order to make the cancellation and re booking not economical. Looks like Celebrity are very good at it, based on other topics. btw, NEVER happened to me with other lines.

So yes, it is a terrible customer service. And yes, Celebrity doesn't seem to care. Why would they? Based on some of the responses here, they have a very loyal customer base, and their fans don't really care about small things like $3,000 price drop days after the final payment.

But years, my TA will definitely call and fix it. I just thought I will share the story so it might help others.

Thank you for sharing your story. In January 2019 we were doing a 15 day cruise from Abu Dhabi to Singapore...it was our most expensive cruise to date. After final payment in October 2018, the price for our balcony dropped US$1,500/pp (we were 2 of us), so it was over $3900 Cdn. I waited until mid-November watching for further price drops and contacted my TA, giving her details as to what I was seeing on the Celebrity web-site and asked if I could get something or anything considering the drop in fares, but not wanting to lose any of my OBC and perks. I was really not expecting anything, but I also know it doesn't hurt to ask. I was offered a Concierge class cabin, keeping all my OBC & perks intact. Plus my TA added an additional $50 OBC! I jumped at it....Those additional 30 points (difference between regular balcony and concierge class) has put me into Elite Plus! I am a happy cruiser and we had one fabulous cruise.

Just look at the positive and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2019 at 3:47 PM, AnnemarieC76 said:

That is great !  Are you saying they did this after the final payment ?  I got a price drop also but have not paid final payment yet.