Kings Wharf in Bermuda will it be done by next week ?

JCMass.

6 minutes ago, Paul Bogle said:

Page failed to load.

It shows AidaLuna docking at Heritage Wharf.

Yes, on October 2nd. 

It will dock at King's Wharf on Sept 18th, and will anchor in Grassy Bay on October 16th (and tender to Hamilton).

1 hour ago, Paul Bogle said:

That site says they pull the information from the cruise lines' itineraries. A couple of cruise lines in addition to AIDA that call on Bermuda only occasionally incorrectly call any dock in Bermuda "Hamilton".  I see this error in 2019 for the Queen Victoria (Cunard), Oriana, Ventura and Aurora (all P&O) . The odd thing is that Queen Victoria, Oriana, Ventura and Aurora are all Bermuda-flagged vessels, so you would think they would know better!

Others have already given you the link to the official port schedule.

I think after the remodeling of Kings Wharf is completed they will be able to. I believe beyond what was necessary to repair the dock they also needed its capacity upgraded so that 2 of the giant sized ships can be at the Dockyard at once.

Several years ago they said they were planning to upgrade King’s Wharf for larger ships but there was nothing in the news articles about that. Only that they were repairing the dock. So until they say so in a news article or we see giant ships, like Escape or Quantum Class docked at Kings Wharf or scheduled to dock at King’s Wharf we would not know. For some reason the Bermuda government appears not to be completely transparent on the project. So I am wondering if they didn’t have the funds to upgrade the dock and had to repair it quickly for this years season.

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Several years ago they said they were planning to upgrade King’s Wharf for larger ships but there was nothing in the news articles about that. Only that they were repairing the dock. So until they say so in a news article or we see giant ships, like Escape or Quantum Class docked at Kings Wharf or scheduled to dock at King’s Wharf we would not know. For some reason the Bermuda government appears not to be completely transparent on the project. So I am wondering if they didn’t have the funds to upgrade the dock and had to repair it quickly for this years season.

This article in benews.com  http://bernews.com/2018/11/minister-burch-work-to-start-on-kings-wharf/ has the full text of Minister of Public Works Burch's Nov. 16, 2018 statement to House of Assembly . He said the following near the end of the speech: "The new wharf, will be built with proper loading to accommodate the next generation of cruise ships."  I interpret that as meaning the large cruise ships will be able to dock there.

20 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

This article in benews.com  http://bernews.com/2018/11/minister-burch-work-to-start-on-kings-wharf/ has the full text of Minister of Public Works Burch's Nov. 16, 2018 statement to House of Assembly . He said the following near the end of the speech: "The new wharf, will be built with proper loading to accommodate the next generation of cruise ships."  I interpret that as meaning the large cruise ships will be able to dock there.

I must not have read the full text as I don't recall the bolded quote.  I would guess  "next generation"  probably does mean larger ships. I had thought they would upgrade Kings Wharf for larger ships but that speech is the first I have read that they are doing so. 

Check out the webcam as progress is being made....maybe a repurpose of one of the America's Cup buildings to provide temporary customs screening?

Yesterday the Bermuda webcam was focused on the ship docked at Heritage Wharf. When we looked around 5:30 pm the camera shifted to King's Wharf where a shell had been constructed in the King's Wharf pier area.

This morning, the "skin" is being applied to the shell...looks like structured tent.

Hopefully a good sign.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:37 AM, kruiserkatie said:

Check out the webcam as progress is being made....maybe a repurpose of one of the America's Cup buildings to provide temporary customs screening?

Yesterday the Bermuda webcam was focused on the ship docked at Heritage Wharf. When we looked around 5:30 pm the camera shifted to King's Wharf where a shell had been constructed in the King's Wharf pier area.

This morning, the "skin" is being applied to the shell...looks like structured tent.

Hopefully a good sign.

It looks huge, much bigger than the original Custom building.  The Carnival ship is due tomorrow so it must be the temporary structure.   

On 4/5/2019 at 6:21 PM, Charles4515 said:

Don’t use that source. Use this one. It is the official schedule. From what I read skimming they are at the Dockyard except one ship is tendering.

http://www.marops.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/YR%20%202019%20Cruise%20Ship%20Schedule%20pdf.pdf

This doesn't even have the Jade on it and my itinerary says we should be there on 4/25-26..🤨

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

The Jade is listed on the official port schedule as docking at Kings Wharf 4/25-4/26.

17 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Norwegian Jade is listed those dates on the linked to schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t scroll down because I was multitasking and trying to leave work. Duh!!!!!  Thanks you guys. 

My husband is watching the Carnival Pride dock at Kings Wharf right now.   There is still one crane, and we wonder if they will be working, will there be noise ?   It is sunny and 73 degrees, it looks inviting just the same.    

My husband is watching the Carnival Pride dock at Kings Wharf right now.   There is still one crane, and we wonder if they will be working, will there be noise ?   It is sunny and 73 degrees, it looks inviting just the same.    

It is good to see the Pride docked there this morning on the webcam. They will be constructing the permanent terminal building. There will probably be some noise during the day. There is always noise during the day at the Dockyard. It is a port with a lot of activity.