Normandy tour for a non cruise goer

Court217

Hi, 

My name is Courtney. A friend and I are going to be in LeHavre for a Women's World Cup on the evening of June 20th. During the day we'd like to do a Normandy beaches tour. We found a tour guide who is available that day, but we'd prefer to find others to do it with. She recommended this website, but since we're not doing a cruise I don't have a roll call to post in. Any recommendations on how to find people who might be interested in joining us? The tour would start at LeHavre Port at 8:30 and we'd return by 5:30. 

Thank you!

Courtney

You could try looking if there are any cruises in town around that time, visiting their roll call, and seeing if any of them may be interested in going on a tour with you. However, this would be dependent on when their cruise embarks and disembarks - you will likely need to be able to move the tour so that it starts and ends at a time that would allow others on the cruise to go with you. 

On a separate note, is the tour guide willing to advertise your particular time slot to other people? I'm sure there are many others who are coming to Le Havre to see the women's world cup who may be interested. If she can advertise the tour as a group experience, you would be able to get others to go with you. I'm unsure as to why she cannot do this from the beginning and why she directed you to come here if you are not on a cruise yourself. 

Hi Courtney,

According to the Le Havre port website and one of the industry's timetabling sites the only cruise ship in port that day is AIDA Aura

www.havre-port.com/fr/liste/2077/escales-croisieres

www.cruisetimetables.com/visitinglehavreparisfrance-20jun2019.html

Aida is basically a German cruise line, so hardly figures on Cruise Critic, which of course is geared to English-speakers.

Here's the link to Aida RollCalls, but as you'll see there are only a handful & not one for this cruise.

boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/forum/416-aidaaura-roll-calls/

I wish you better luck elsewhere

JB :classic_smile:

Edited by John Bull