So I get a call from my TA, Royal wants your cabin back.

40 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Glad to hear this has been successful for you.

it has just taken me over 12 months and at least 5 sailings to change from red wine delivered to the cabin to white wine delivered to the dining room. I visited three different LA who claimed they could see the correct choice on my profile and phoned Miami twice.

I finally got the right combination in February and thought all was good until last week when I got white wine delivered to the cabin.

Ouch...that's frustrating for sure!  Guess I have just been very lucky, I have never had a problem changing it out...in fact this last time on Oasis, the LA delivered the new wine I picked out to my cabin the very next day.  

Edited by island lady

36 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Just spent the last 20 minutes on phone with RCCL.  The rep was clueless, I had to tell him what Cruise Preferences meant!!!!!!!!!!  And he put me on hold 2 times before he came back to report that my cruises were "No auto upgrade".

Our B2B on Vision starts Wednesday...

I had changed it a couple months ago when we booked our inside guarantee, hoping for an upgrade.  Ships full now...  But reading this thread got me thinking since we leave in 2 days, better change it back.  The B2B of second leg is the 15th(grand Suite), what if they try to steal it, they wouldn't even get me on our phone.  We'll be on board already.  Thx for heads up guys.  I plan on visiting with the LA whilst waiting on our cabin right away.

With this new program of bidding for upgrades...IMHO I think I have seen the last of the complimentary upgrades.  😮 

Why give away something that passengers are happy bidding their dollars for?  😉 

• Like 3

The beach towel has been set as our gift amenity for years....maybe it'll show up on some cruise....I thinking to change it to the terry slippers and see what happens.

I'm also tired of those chocolate covered strawberries and don't care for the other options...some new ones would be nice.

I got an interesting call 3 days before we sailed on the Jewel Feb 15, 2019 from the RC Revenue department. They wanted to know if I was willing to DOWNGRADE my cabin to an ocean view from the corner AFT Jr. Suite. They would refund the entire price of my cruise and I could keep my double points. In short; I can cruse for free. Apparently, the cruise is way overbooked. I didn't even give it a thought and said no. Am I crazy? I would have probably done it for a balcony room but not an OV. She then asked if I was willing to cancel this cruise, get a full refund and have the same amount I spent on this cruise applied to any cruise in the future. I said no. I figured SOMEONE high up in points wanted this very desirable cabin. By the way, and not related to this post, Super Mario was on this cruise... 🙂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, debitoo said:

I got an interesting call 3 days before we sailed on the Jewel Feb 15, 2019 from the RC Revenue department. They wanted to know if I was willing to DOWNGRADE my cabin to an ocean view from the corner AFT Jr. Suite. They would refund the entire price of my cruise and I could keep my double points. In short; I can cruse for free. Apparently, the cruise is way overbooked. I didn't even give it a thought and said no. Am I crazy? I would have probably done it for a balcony room but not an OV. She then asked if I was willing to cancel this cruise, get a full refund and have the same amount I spent on this cruise applied to any cruise in the future. I said no. I figured SOMEONE high up in points wanted this very desirable cabin. By the way, and not related to this post, Super Mario was on this cruise... 🙂

I would have taken that offer

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, debitoo said:

I would have taken it but would have also preferred a balcony, but I know on that class those are limited as well too right?  But I'm a sucker for free 🙂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TravisP said:

It might have been hard for me to turn down that downgrade and get all my money back plus double points. 

That's the thing, since they left in double points I wouldn't have thought twice and just splurged on some extras since my cruise costs went down considerably 🙂  I expect they got someone else to jump on that offer though!

On 4/6/2019 at 7:13 PM, seadays4me said:

Oh, the one I got by booking early on center hump by the elevators?  They are offering you another balcony (same category) in a location not as good as the one you have.  Well, I'm not stupid, but I wanted to help them out.  I said you can have it, just upgrade us to a Junior Suite.  I guess it wasn't that important to them.  That was one weird phone call.   

Since I am a "doubting Thomas", I therefore am very skeptical of this....not that the OP did not get a call from their TA, just that it was caused by a call to the TA from Royal.  Royal would offer up some incentive, so therefore it causes me to think that the TA had another customer that wanted that cabin.  The TA could have offered the OP some OBC if it was truly important enough to them....but they did not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

Since I am a "doubting Thomas", I therefore am very skeptical of this....not that the OP did not get a call from their TA, just that it was caused by a call to the TA from Royal.  Royal would offer up some incentive, so therefore it causes me to think that the TA had another customer that wanted that cabin.  The TA could have offered the OP some OBC if it was truly important enough to them....but they did not.

I just don't understand who/why another cruiser that came late to the party would interest RCI enough to intervene.

• Like 1

RC called my TA a almost 2 years ago before our Harmony cruise and wanted to know if we were going to keep our Star Class cabin.  It was a few weeks prior to our final payment for a fall sailing. They offered us $500 OBC if we were to pay off our cruise that day. We paid it off and received $500 OBC. 

As it it turns out we boarded the ship the day after they filmed “Like Father”.  I would figure that one of the Stars needed our cabin.  Either that or they needed the cabin for filming. Seth Rogan was in the room beside ours and our steward said he was always happy.😉

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

That's the thing, since they left in double points I wouldn't have thought twice and just splurged on some extras since my cruise costs went down considerably 🙂  I expect they got someone else to jump on that offer though!

Keep in mind there are only a couple corner JS's

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

RC called my TA a almost 2 years ago before our Harmony cruise and wanted to know if we were going to keep our Star Class cabin.  It was a few weeks prior to our final payment for a fall sailing. They offered us $500 OBC if we were to pay off our cruise that day. We paid it off and received $500 OBC. 

As it it turns out we boarded the ship the day after they filmed “Like Father”.  I would figure that one of the Stars needed our cabin.  Either that or they needed the cabin for filming. Seth Rogan was in the room beside ours and our steward said he was always happy.😉

That's why I'm holding on to my A2 until final 😇

That and the possibility they cancel our TA. 😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I just don't understand who/why another cruiser that came late to the party would interest RCI enough to intervene.

FWIW, on our Mariner repo someone wanted our hump JS right next to CL enough to get us moved to a GS. Seversl Pins in JS with way more points than us didnt get upgraded

1 hour ago, Paulette3028 said:

The TA that called from the "Big Box" (I think I can say that) only said that Royal was currently on another line with her.  I only spoke with the TA, as it was not a three way call.  The cruise is over a year away and is not sold out.

23 minutes ago, seadays4me said:

The TA that called from the "Big Box" (I think I can say that) only said that Royal was currently on another line with her.  I only spoke with the TA, as it was not a three way call.  The cruise is over a year away and is not sold out.

If they wouldn't make it a three-way call to me then Royal wasn't on 'another line'.....but that is me, being suspicious of the entire thing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

If they wouldn't make it a three-way call to me then Royal wasn't on 'another line'.....but that is me, being suspicious of the entire thing.

And if "they" couldn't figure out how to do a three-way call...then the TA could have given RCI permission to call me directly.

All this shuffling around with deposited (or paid in full) cabin selected cruiser's just seems very strange.

Why is anyone else's booking regardless of C&A status more important?

Could I as a D+ knock someone (of lower status)  from their cabin ...very doubtful...or would I even assume or expect it.

Sure let me call RCI and tell them I want that middle hump or true aft JS...call who ever has it booked and make it happen....and RCI's response would be :classic_huh:

• Like 1