MSC Website pain...

sommelier79

Hi to all,

Me and my girlfriend will go on our first cruise with MSC Seaview in May, all good, all booked, but that website... ARGH!

I tried many times to update my data on the website (the irish one, we live in Ireland), click on Save... and I still result Polish (I am actually italian, my girlfriend is Polish).

MSC Voyager Club: 3 different browsers, I am updating the data, added address info, click on Next Step, and nothing happens. Tried with 3 browsers, 3 different devices, no luck.

I completed the web-check in and got a link to update the voyager club data, which points to a fantastic 404 page not found link.

I know, I could call them, but why call them if (ideally) I can do it on my own?

Anyone with similar issues that can share some tip (or some anger)?

Bye!

I'm having the same problem. I sail on the Seaview in June and live in the UK. The website and MSC for Me app are awful. Funnily enough I mentioned this just yesterday to my brother-in-law, who said he used to do some digital marketing work with MSC a few years ago and the website was horrific, so he wasnt surprised it's still poor.

I have not called MSC; if I want anything done I'll call my travel agent who I booked through, and get them to call MSC on my behalf.

Do you have that option?

I'm hoping the website will improve closer to departure so that security details and the photo can be uploaded, and I can get checked in.

I’ve tried to get on the MSC USA site for two days. It claims that I live in a different country... I spent over an hour on hold trying to get help. MSC has the same problem. They cannot log on for me. Ugh.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:17 AM, sommelier79 said:

Hi to all,

Me and my girlfriend will go on our first cruise with MSC Seaview in May, all good, all booked, but that website... ARGH!

I tried many times to update my data on the website (the irish one, we live in Ireland), click on Save... and I still result Polish (I am actually italian, my girlfriend is Polish).

MSC Voyager Club: 3 different browsers, I am updating the data, added address info, click on Next Step, and nothing happens. Tried with 3 browsers, 3 different devices, no luck.

I completed the web-check in and got a link to update the voyager club data, which points to a fantastic 404 page not found link.

I know, I could call them, but why call them if (ideally) I can do it on my own?

Anyone with similar issues that can share some tip (or some anger)?

Bye!

MSC haven't updated the Ireland website in over a year.  The UK one has been updated twice since (it used to be very similar to the Ireland one - though they could book online and we couldn't, that was really the only difference.  Check out the .co.uk one to see just how different it is to ours now!).

I've been 'German' several times on the site, despite both myself and DH being Irish all our lives lol.  My Voyagers' Club status has been showing as Classic for over a year now, with no points indicated, despite numerous emails and phone calls on the subject.  Every time we cruise, I have to contact them to find out what points have been added to my account.

The only way I can log in to the site is through a current booking number, which brings me to that particular booking;  I can then access 'My Profile' page (though there's really no point!).  I'll have no access to my account should I not have a current booking.

While I'm on a roll (🙄), we in Ireland aren't given the opportunity to pre-book internet, laundry or Spa packages, so we miss out on discounts that other regions receive.

On the plus side of that, we don't prepay for pre-booked excursions or dining packages;  they're added to the onboard account so you avoid paying upfront, which makes it easier to cancel should you wish to do so (within 4 days of sailing) without concern about having the cost returned. 

20 hours ago, sommelier79 said:

I did everything on my own without travel agent, maybe next time will go with an agency, so won't have to deal with these things... Anyway I am happy to not be alone on this fight against windmills...

I have to say I prefer to book directly with MSC.  Everything gets dealt with much more quickly than through a TA (in my experience).  I've often waited a week, or more, for a TA to get a query or issue sorted;  an email to MSC when booked direct, elicits a response (and, very often, a resolution) by afternoon of the same day.

I find the staff in MSC UK office to be very competent most of the time.  Unfortunately, the very best booking management rep was promoted recently - regulars will know that I'm referring to Stuart Chalmers - and his replacement doesn't seem to be very knowledgeable (he gave me incorrect information very recently, which I had to question, before someone else emailed me back with a correction - and no apology).

Edited by Beamafar

19 minutes ago, CeleryCruiser said:

I share the pain - we should start our cruise on sat 20th Apr and still there stays in web page that no ticketing service is available.

so you have completed all the steps required but it doesn't say click here for the email containing your cruising paperwork I  presume you booked direct

On 4/8/2019 at 4:12 AM, goosemay said:

I’ve tried to get on the MSC USA site for two days. It claims that I live in a different country... I spent over an hour on hold trying to get help. MSC has the same problem. They cannot log on for me. Ugh.

I've been having that problem for a month now. Tried different browser, VPN, clear cookies and start again, used 4G, you name it I've tried it. If I don't get the "you need to log in from your home country, ", I get "your email has not been verified"

3 hours ago, ikea logistics said:

so you have completed all the steps required but it doesn't say click here for the email containing your cruising paperwork I  presume you booked direct

We booked by TA, but  it leads anyway to the same page where we made the web check in. Our friends succeeded to have all paperwork printed and they made reservation at at the same time as we. Well, I'm bit cautious as my name includes many AE -letters, so to say its not the first time we have issues with correct writing.