Celebrity App Functionality By Ship

vtcruising

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I found it helpful. It outlines the Celebrity App functions by ship, as of 3/4/19. It may be helpful to see which ships have which features, such as the guest-to-guest chat feature or the digital key feature.

image.thumb.png.2a346209a11b083d7957cf48c9eddccd.png

• Like 3

AFAIK, you'll be able to check all Summit's marks on Equinox after her revolution. And I suppose on the other S-class ships post-revolution as well.

4 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Thanks for posting this. Where did you find it? It's so nice to see it laid out clearly.

I believe OP found in in this .pdf file: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Celebrity_Cruises_APP.pdf

which is available on "The Celebrity Commitment", a website aimed at TAs but freely available to anyone.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Silhouette will have this phone app after it is revolutionized for 2020 cruise? Other cruise lines' phone app that has guest to guest chat was found to be a great benefit. Thanks.

Useless and buggy the Millenium from April 13-27 2019.  Damn thing kept crashing my phone.  Celebrity has not activated guest to guest on that ship and other functions are redundant or unnecessary.

Edited by jkgourmet

• 2 weeks later...

We were onboard the Constellation on the April 17-May 02 sailing, and guest-to-guest chat feature was already enabled. It was a great feature; minor message arrival notification improvement for iOS phones will greatly enhance its usability.

• Like 1

We are booked on the Edge on Dec 1st, 2019.  It will be interesting to see how well the app works and if it is updated.  We were on the Equinox last November and the app was a fail.  Oh, there were lists of activities etc, but they were all out dated.  We went to the pub for a beer tasting event that we found on the app.  When we got there, we were told by the bartenders that they stopped the beer tasting event 6 months earlier. We told them we found it on the app, and they stated not to use the app at all as it was never updated.  

I hope it is better on Edge!!!

Edited by colocop004

4 hours ago, VTSKIandCRUISEGUY said:

Does the guest-to-guest chat require you to be signed up for internet, or is this free to all?

It is my understanding that you need to be on the Celebrity  wifi, but not on the internet.  You should still keep your phone on airplane mode unless you have an internet package. 

On 5/14/2019 at 2:29 PM, colocop004 said:

We are booked on the Edge on Dec 1st, 2019.  It will be interesting to see how well the app works and if it is updated.  We were on the Equinox last November and the app was a fail.  Oh, there were lists of activities etc, but they were all out dated.  We went to the pub for a beer tasting event that we found on the app.  When we got there, we were told by the bartenders that they stopped the beer tasting event 6 months earlier. We told them we found it on the app, and they stated not to use the app at all as it was never updated.  

I hope it is better on Edge!!!

We were on the Edge on April 7th and the app worked quite well including getting us into our cabin when we both left our seapass cards behind.  Did not try the texting feature but some did and it worked well.  Menus were in the proper days and reminders sent for reserved events.

Nice but roll out painfully slooow and piecemeal from OP chart. On Eclipse in 3/20 & unless X gets their act together, won't be available. Put 2 techs on ship & upgrade on a turn around day. 

On 4/7/2019 at 9:33 AM, vtcruising said:

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I found it helpful. It outlines the Celebrity App functions by ship, as of 3/4/19. It may be helpful to see which ships have which features, such as the guest-to-guest chat feature or the digital key feature.

image.thumb.png.2a346209a11b083d7957cf48c9eddccd.png

I assume all other ships do not yet support this app at all... even the most basic features.  Any idea if this app support will be included in future Revolution upgrades or if it's totally independent of that work?

Hopeful that Equinox will get same features as Millie & Summit post Revolution. The updated revolution does state that RFID locks are coming, but I guess that is not the same as the digital key on Edge.   

On my app it does have a chat button that states I will be able to chat with other guests while on board.