Cruise Critic Community
ICANTWAITTOCRUISE

Confused about new retreat on equinox

We have booked a Skye suite on the equinox for June. Last minute decision so we really don't know a lot about what to expect from the refurbishment. The description says access to retreat deck. (As well as other things). Does  anyone know if there is indeed a pool for the retreat on the equinox now?

The upgrade is in May so will just be finished for your cruise, we don’t board until September.

Michael’s Club will be rebranded the Retreat Lounge and then there will be the Retreat Deck, expected to have a jacuzzi but not a pool. 

All speculation at the moment....

The retreat deck will be an outdoor spa, sunbathing area and lounge.

We were so hoping for the Pool. We were on the Edge this past December and they said that they were really trying to copy what they did on the Edge. I know that because the Summit and Milli were different class ships that probably wasn't going to happen but was sure hoping for the pool to be on the Equinox. It made such a big difference in our experience. We have cruised in suites on Royal and the sundeck is very disappointing which is why we haven't cruised with them in awhile. Have to rethink our Equinox Fall cruise now. Thanks for update.

2 minutes ago, castle701 said:

We were so hoping for the Pool. We were on the Edge this past December and they said that they were really trying to copy what they did on the Edge. I know that because the Summit and Milli were different class ships that probably wasn't going to happen but was sure hoping for the pool to be on the Equinox. It made such a big difference in our experience. We have cruised in suites on Royal and the sundeck is very disappointing which is why we haven't cruised with them in awhile. Have to rethink our Equinox Fall cruise now. Thanks for update.

The Retreat on the Edge was designed from the beginning. The revolutions to the rest of the fleet have to use existing space. Unfortunately there is no room to add a pool to the Retreat on the M and S class ships.

We just returned Sunday from the Edge and we were in a Suite.  We are booked on Equinox in September in a suite and I commented to my husband how much I would love having a pool like they do in the Retreat on Edge.  He said he doubts they can retrofit the deck for one but maybe they will have have one of those above ground pools.  :classic_biggrin: