Cruise Critic Community
AF-1

Has Anyone Run into This Princess Passenger

Yes!  We've been on the same ship with Illene Weiner a couple of times and meet and chatted with her many times at Crooner's.  She's a very nice and quite friendly person.  :classic_smile:

OCruisers,  that is cool you met her;  and paul929207,  you are welcome.  Nice to see Princess is doing something well; that people keep coming back.

Thanks everyone.  I thought it was a good article and nice to read positive stories. 

I believe she was on our cruise last month. I didn’t meet her but a couple at dinner one night said they spoke with her at the elite dinner earlier in the week.

She's a lovely lady. We were assigned to a table at second seating dining with her and her husband on the Ruby several years ago. From reading this article, it sounds like he's not around anymore. Sad. But I'm glad she's found someone to share her love of cruising.

We were table mates on the Crown Princess when Ilene met Carl, another one of our table mates.

Fun to see the romance develop, a true Love Boat connection..

I worked at the same company as her new guy and we have sailed with Ilene many times. She is a sweetheart and Carl is a really nice guy. They make a great couple and I am proud to have helped them meet a couple years ago!

Edited by CRUZGAL53
missed word

Just met Illene and her beau on our 3/30/19 Grand Princess cruise...what a sweetheart!  She said that prior to embarkation, Inside Edition came on board and did a story on the two of them.  She didn't know when that air time would be, though.  Over 2,500 days at sea...wow!

5 minutes ago, FTBLCOACH said:

Just met Illene and her beau on our 3/30/19 Grand Princess cruise...what a sweetheart!  She said that prior to embarkation, Inside Edition came on board and did a story on the two of them.  She didn't know when that air time would be, though.  Over 2,500 days at sea...wow!

It aired on Inside Edition Monday night 7:15 pm. It was a fantastic clip of Ilene and Carl.

Edited by CRUZGAL53
removed something

Darn, we were on both the March 20 and March 30 cruises, and I'm sorry that we never met her.  

6 minutes ago, FritzG said:

Darn, we were on both the March 20 and March 30 cruises, and I'm sorry that we never met her.  

They were on both as well!

5 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Loved the article; thank you for sharing! 

You are welcome;  glad you enjoyed it.  

Very inspiring story and I have heard about the legendary cruiser.  I particularly liked the last statement "cover the earth before it covers you"!

I am doing my best!