Cruise Critic Community
ZSandy25

Koningsdam Cabin VH4043 question

We are booked in cabin VH4043 on the Koningsdam for a 21 day cruise, Feb. 2020.  This cabin has a different footprint in shape.  Just curious as to the interior layout.  The balcony is larger and yes I know it is an obstructed view.  Thanks for any information on this cabin, always appreciated.  

9 minutes ago, ZSandy25 said:

We are booked in cabin VH4043 on the Koningsdam for a 21 day cruise, Feb. 2020.  This cabin has a different footprint in shape.  Just curious as to the interior layout.  The balcony is larger and yes I know it is an obstructed view.  Thanks for any information on this cabin, always appreciated.  

We are booked in 4045 in October and I will try to peer around the corner of the balcony!  I believe, though, it is divided in half and shares with 4041.  If you look carefully on the HAL website, there is a little line down the centre of the balcony, and there is an opening into 4041.  

VMax has sent me some photos he took of 4045 on the Koningsdam on turnaround day in Fort Lauderdale.  It is a strange configuration, possibly the same as 4043.  If you would like to see them, please email me at pnamcc (at) gmail (dot) com, and I'll try to forward the pictures to you.

I see what you mean about the balcony, it will still be a chance to step outside.  We booked the retreat cabana for the entire cruise so that's where we will be spending most of our time. 

I sailed on the Koningsdam in this cabin for 21 days.  The balcony is not as wide as shown but it is deep. I like the layout of the room.  There is a chair, no sofa.  

1 minute ago, STANCPA44 said:

I sailed on the Koningsdam in this cabin for 21 days.  The balcony is not as wide as shown but it is deep. I like the layout of the room.  There is a chair, no sofa.  

Stan, were you bothered by noise or smoke at all?

I did not notice any smoke, as far as noise, I am hard of hearing but with my hearing aids on I did not notice any noise.  

Stan, do you happen to have any pictures of the cabin

4043 is a darker room than 4045 as it only has a verandah door whereas 4045 has a window and a door.

Stayed in 4043 3/6 11 night Caribbean on the koningsdam

FDEB621A-EB7E-447C-8158-229264254183.jpeg

447C7CE4-B323-4795-9F85-BDD2952B4406.jpeg