Cruise Critic Community
WonderMan3

All aboard time at ports (not embarkation day)

I thought I read somewhere that MSC has all aboard times at one hour prior to ship sail time? Is this true or is it 30 minutes prior to sail time like most other cruise lines? Is there any difference if it's a tender port?

2 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

I thought I read somewhere that MSC has all aboard times at one hour prior to ship sail time? Is this true or is it 30 minutes prior to sail time like most other cruise lines? Is there any difference if it's a tender port?

On our Caribbean msc Seaside sailings, all aboard was 30 minutes prior to sailaway.

On our Caribbean cruises, all aboard was 30 minutes prior to departure time but for our upcoming June Mediterranean cruise on the Bellissima, all aboard is listed as 1 hour prior to departure time.

10 hours ago, OneParticularHarbour 71 said:

On our Caribbean cruises, all aboard was 30 minutes prior to departure time but for our upcoming June Mediterranean cruise on the Bellissima, all aboard is listed as 1 hour prior to departure time.

That’s what I thought I had read. I have two Med cruises coming up later this year. Why is the all aboard 1 hour prior in the Med and 30 min in the Caribbean? Other major cruise lines like Celebrity do 30 min prior in Europe.

To be honest you could still get away with 30 mins although I would never want to chance it just in case of ay delays on your return from a walk around or visit on your own steam