Happy and Grumpy vs Shore Excursioneer to Ambergris Caye

Triple C

My family and I would like to use our time in Belize to snorkel at Ambergris Caye (we did the Lamani ruins on an earlier cruise).  We see Shore Excursioneer offers a day for 3 people at $460.  Happy and Grumpy offers it for $265/person, so $795.  I know Happy Grumpy would be private, but that is the only real difference I see.  Is it worth $335 more to go with Happy and Grumpy?  Has anyone ever used Shore Excursioneer?  TIA

• 1 month later...

Why do you want to go all the way to Ambergris Caye to snorkel?  There are 500+ islands off the coast of Belize, many small islands for snorkeling excursions, that are not that far away.  Ambergris is nice but FAR away from Belize City.  There are much closer options for much less $$$ and time spent in travel.

Also, who is Shore-excursioneer using for the excursion.  Shore-excursioneer is a middle marketing platform for smaller companies.  What happens in Cozumel has no bearing on what happens in Belize.  To ABQR's point, yes many different vendors offer snorkeling on cays or in ocean around Belize with out having to travel to San Perdro to spend an hour or two in the water.

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2019 at 8:15 AM, ABQrobin said:

Why do you want to go all the way to Ambergris Caye to snorkel?  There are 500+ islands off the coast of Belize, many small islands for snorkeling excursions, that are not that far away.  Ambergris is nice but FAR away from Belize City.  There are much closer options for much less $$$ and time spent in travel.

We have seen Ambergris Caye mentioned on countless lists of "the best place to snorkel in the Caribbean", so it has become a sort of bucket list item.  It is pricey, for sure, but less so than if we spent a week there.  We are expecting to see more there then we would at the other islands.

5 minutes ago, Triple C said:

We have seen Ambergris Caye mentioned on countless lists of "the best place to snorkel in the Caribbean", so it has become a sort of bucket list item.  It is pricey, for sure, but less so than if we spent a week there.  We are expecting to see more there then we would at the other islands.

Okay, I understand why now.... however, all those lists for snorkeling spots just mean the general areas around Ambergris that the tourists who stay ON that island visit.  There isn't shore snorkeling there, it is all by boat, and they are going to visit many of the same places that the cruise ships take people...  like the shark/ray alley, etc.  It is approx half way between the two destinations (Ambergris and cruise ship anchor site) and it would be silly of you to travel to Ambergris and then take a boat right back out where you came from.  Does that help?  I am not trying to insult you, just trying to help you get the visual and understanding of where things are located.  

No, ABQrobin, I appreciate the suggestions!  We've only been there once, and booked a land excursion through the cruise ship.  We welcome advice from people who've been there.  :-)    Is it possible to get to Hol Chan Marine Reserve with a boat tour?  I know Shark-Ray Alley is part of that reserve, so maybe?

You don't say which cruise line you are on...

Carnival has a snorkel tour there:

Snorkeling at Wonderful Hol Chan Marine Reserve

Starting At:

$89.99 / Person

*Prices may vary by sailing

and

Sharks, Rays, Barrier Reef Snorkel & Island Escape

Starting At:

$94.99 / Adult (ages 13 and over) 
$84.99 / Child (ages 5 - 12)

*Prices may vary by sailing

Snorkel over the Barrier reef and enjoy an up close encounter with nurse sharks and stingrays in their natural environment on this once in a lifetime opportunity. Read more

and I know the Independent operator https://www.coralbreezetours.com/    also goes there.